Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My BLING is gone. What do you think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Dec 27, 2012.

1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Previously, I had thought the beautiful finished polished stainless steel center consul in my car was liitle too gaudy. It seemed when looking inside it was the first thing to catch your eye.

I recently had it recovered in black leather with french seams and new S.W. white faced gauges, now I am not sure of the move? What do you guys think? Good or Bad.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. Mattilac

Mattilac

Way better in my opinion.

3. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

i hate center consoles in anything that didnt come with one....but the wrapped looks better

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You asked, but I don't think a center console and buckets work real well in a shoebox custom... just my .02. although I am a sucker for engine turned stuff on a hot rod.

5. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

I agree that's a lot better.

6. maybe should have matched red & white trim and kept the black face guages.
    jm $0.02,:D

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm not a console/bucket seat in old cars kinda guy either, but definitely the second look is much better. I realize that consoles and buckets were popular in show cars and others in the 60's, but I just think a full bench looks so much better.

Don

8. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

looks good to me!

9. I feel exactly the same.looks better if you want the console and buckets

10. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Either way looks OK to me ... but now you surely won't have to deal with any glare.

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I personally like it much better.

12. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Lose the "Bullet" on your steering wheel. I had the same on mine until I had to make a panic stop when some jerk ran a stop light. I almost impalled my self on it! It looks really cool but I value my health more than the Bullet look.
    Console looks better wrapped!

13. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

It looks better wrapped but if you're gonna do a console and buckets it should match the cars red and white seats. To really make it look like a 60's show car deal ditch the goofy shifter and put a old phone and some scotch tumblers and a fancy bottle in there. Or put a bench seat in it...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. dad-bud

dad-bud

Newer looks better, but I agree with k1w1 - you shoulda gone for the same finish as the seats.
    Now I've gotta go and lay down somewhere, I've still got the meat-sweats from all that Christmas eating.
    (Note to self - order the overload springs for the car)
    Woof!!!

15. Jokester

Jokester

I like them both. The turned dash looks more "old timey" to me, and the black looks more modern.

Like I said, I like them both.
    My 2¢

.bjb

16. lawman

lawman

17. n847

n847

Looks better to me! It would look even better if the guages were black, and the CD player was hidden! Just my .02. Nice car either way!

18. Yes, I think it looks better. But not in love with the consul.

19. Bling is way over-rated.

20. im going with the guys that said you should of done it in the red and white

21. tedster

tedster

Black looks better but red and white would have been nice to. But what bugs me is the black brake pedal and the chrome or stainless on the throttle pedal. Feel free to tell me to go get screwed it won't bother me but for some reason those pedals jump out at me. Both black is my preference.

22. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Ok, so I think in between would be best. I would cover the outside 1 1/2" perimeter with the red like the seats. And leave the turning in the middle.
    Would be bitchen.
    Mark

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. slammed

slammed

The black made it disappear. Subtle. Now what stands out is the gas pedal. Black it out too, and its close to done.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks better now.

25. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

the black does look better, but i also agree on the red and white, too much black in the interior already.

26. lizzie

lizzie

It looks a LOT better this way. Way too much glare before and it took away from the car's original beauty. If you're going to add a console, don't make it an attention getter. Subtlety is key.

I do prefer bench seats over buckets any day of the week though...it's hard to cuddle in a bucket seat :(

27. manyolcars

manyolcars

Gorgeous car! I know you think "It wont happen to me" but I had a minor wreck that I walked away from with broken ribs and that bullet on the steering wheel would have caused serious injury or DEATH.. Its no joke. Please put that pretty bullet somewhere else

28. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I like the black much better than the shine.

29. farmer12

farmer12

Much, much better.