Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fe headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flipped 56, Dec 8, 2012.

1. flipped 56

flipped 56

anybody using Crites Performance fe headers in their 55-56 fords? thinking about doing the 390 c6 swap in my Fairlane and using the parts they offer. any info would be great.

2. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a bump for ya!....;)

3. John Lafayette

John Lafayette

Mines a 57 Fairlane with a 390. I bought full length tube headers for it from Mad Dog Headers that look cool. Had to do some work to the crossmember and clutch linkage. Cars not done yet. Look him up on the net at maddogheaders.net. He's easy to deal with too.

4. flipped 56

flipped 56

thanks, will check it out.

5. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Generally Crites has a good reputation and I have heard good things about them. However, I used FPA for the headers on my FE in the '62 Merc. They fit really well with no mods required, also had great customer support.

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/FPAindex/headers2.htm

[​IMG]

6. flipped 56

flipped 56

thanks merc. i have a toploader that i can put behind the fe and i here that FPA has headers that will fit the stock steering box and clutch linkage but they are expensive. the car is set up for stick shift i just need to decide what direction i want to go.

7. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

i bought long tube headers ceramic coated from FPA they fit great no problems but skip the ceramic coating they might reduce engine compartment heat but after 7 yrears their starting to surface rust

8. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

i bought long tube headers ceramic coated from FPA they fit great no problems but skip the ceramic coating they might reduce engine compartment heat but after 7 yrears their starting to surface rust this is on a 62 galaxie

9. spike427

spike427
    BANNED
    from Kentucky

Don't buy anything from Crites as all he sells is JUNK!...You'll just have to go back and redo it!

10. bronco gasser

bronco gasser
    BANNED
    from GB WI

if you have extra time build a set of headers, thats what we do. if you cant or dont find what you like.

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I looked at Crites but they wont work with a clutch on my 56 application. They look like any other hot rod header to me. I made my own to look like period headers and not the individual tube modern headers.

12. 58custom

58custom

I used Crites headers, engine mounts and rear crossmember to put a 460 into a '58. Good quality stuff and I would buy from them again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]