Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Hi all,

I'm a new guy to the site but not to cars. I'm kind of new to the early cars before 1960. I have grown up around cars all my life with my dad being a body man. He owned his own shop until he re-tired due to his health.

We were in the middle of restoring a 70 Dodge Coronet R/T 1 of 1 car when I got sick. I had a stroke at 29 and let my R/T sit for the last ten years or so until I sold it to a collector who will restore it and enjoy it. He also lives in my area so I will see it when done.

I'm kind of leaning towards doing a hot rod this time or buying another muscle car, but whatever I get I"m going to enjoy it this time and not worry about it at the show field.

I WANT TO DRIVE!

I look forward to talking with all of you.

PS I'm thinking about starting a car club and get back to the basics. I hate car clubs that charge to be a member in my area just for a news letter.

2. Welcome from spotsavania

3. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thank you, I don't think Im that far from Spotsavania. Harrisonburg area here.

4. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas

5. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thank you.

6. Welcome from Waynesboro, VA!

7. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Hey neighbor! It's good to see someone kind of close.

Hey do you belong to any of the car clubs in the area? I'm thinking of starting one and getting back to the basics of what it should be and not about the money and paid memberships.

I'm also looking at a 48 Dodge in your area that I hope to get if not I got my eye on a 1973 Roadrunner that I will mod out.

If I don't get either of those or any of the other cars I'm looking at I will go to work on my 1975 Dodge truck that my dad gave and see what I can come up with.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and I really look forward to talking and learning from you guys.

8. I do belong to a car club, but not locally.
    The other members are from Richmond and Hampton.

Make sure to join the VA Group on here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=69

Lots of nice guys and there is always something going on.

What kind is the 48 Dodge, and where is it for sale?

9. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I will join that group and also cool on the car club and when I get something ironed out on the one I want to start I will give you a shout.

The car is listed on craigslist its a 1948 Dodge. I will link you to it.
    http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/3448620296.html

I'm looking for something fun to do and I'm Mopar guy and thought this one would fit the bill but I dont mind other brands if you know of anything send me a pm and I will check it out.

My budget is $1000 or less. I did find a 40 Plymouth truck that is pretty much rusted and would be a good shell to use but the guy has not answered me back yet.

10. oj

oj

Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley!

11. Looks like a nice project there.
    Lots of work though.

Big plus is that it comes with a title!

12. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Welcome from Stafford, VA.

13. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Another neighbor and I think I have been in your area for Mopar parts before...I think.

Thank you.

14. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thank you and how far is Stafford VA? I have heard of it but nto sure where its at.

Yeah I think it would make a great project car and I also told the guy I didn't care if it had floors because if I put a big block in it I will be cutting out for trans and all that any ways I'm sure.

Yeah I always look if it has a title. The cars with bill of sales I stay away from DMV in VA is tough to deal with. They made a mistake on my R/T with one number and was going to take the vin# off and put a new one on what a mess.

15. Welcome.... from up the road just a bit........... Winchester!

16. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

17. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thank you and yep not that far up the road. Some good cars in that area too. There was a 73 or 74 space Duster I was looking at in that area. It looked to be a good clean car but couldnt never get the price in my range.

18. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thank you! I have been looking at cars out in CA with it was cheaper to send this way.

19. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

20. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thank you and how is the hot rod scene in the netherlands?

21. hotrod0317

hotrod0317

Welcome from Harrisonburg

22. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Hey hotrod0317 thank you and good to see another local member.

You have or building a car? I'm kind of looking around trying to find a project.

23. Welcome!
    -from Fairfax.

24. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thank you.

25. Welcome, a hot rod project sounds great.

26. farmer12

farmer12

The scene here is very small, but I think the enthusiasm of us guys make up for it!

27. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Thanks everyone!

I like the sceen on here and a lot of good info and some really cool projects and done cars.

I'm looking for something to either do a hot rod with or a pro-touring car from the 60s to early 70s. I'm a Mopar guy but I'm first a car guy so I'm looking at a little of everything.

28. Welcome from Harrisonburg!

29. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Wow very cool another Harrisonburg guy!

Do you guys belong to a club in the area? It's good to see some locals from right in my home town/city.

Thanks everyone!

30. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

Welcome from the middle of Ohio . This place is valuable source of information so by combining our knowledge and experience we can help each other out. Enjoy the ride.