Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Your detail is work is astounding Cody!!!Top notch as always.

2. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time again , this past week has been kinda fustrating , it seem like im getting no where , everything is fighting me or seting me back , i did get some more of my chrome back, but in shipping some of the stuff got dented up :( and my horn ring was broken , the horn ring was comming back unplated any ways because when i welded the two horn ring together to make the one i welded it with aluminum welding rod (it welded fine) an i fugared they could plate it ,but appentarly it was diecast and plating aluminum is a different process than diecast and i didnt know it coulnt be done,well with it broke now,time to just start over , i just found another 64 pontiac horn ring and i cut the top part off the broken one so i can weld them up with a zinc rod and it will be good as new . also i did manage to put on the talegate straps and strikers .
    these are ready to be chromed
    [​IMG]

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>076</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont align=left>Edit Picture
    Add to Group
    Report Picture

Picture Added Today 10:39 PM
    Added by Cody Walls </TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont align=center>
    Picture URL
    <INPUT style="WIDTH: 400px" dir=ltr class=bginput onfocus=this.select() readOnly value=http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=5056&pictureid=430018 size=30>
    BB Code
    <INPUT style="WIDTH: 400px" dir=ltr class=bginput onfocus=this.select() readOnly value=[​IMG] size=30>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i was really happy with the way this turned out
    [​IMG]

heres whats left of the horn rings im just re-using the part on the right

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks
    thank you
    your welcome

thanks againg jay ill email it to you soon
    thank you
    thanks

4. oldman2

oldman2

Tuff brake on the horn ring, other stuff looks nice...Jim

5. racer756

racer756

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

so today i spent the hole day working on the last bit of parts to send out to chrome plater josh and the crew a custom metal finishing to be chromed

the new horn ring and the piece from the old one before i welded them up with the correct rod this time .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all welded up and smoothed down

just a random shot of the wagon

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

shit happens , live and learn and i learned on this one jim , thanks

8. 41GASSER

41GASSER

Very neat build thanks for sharing.

Dave

9. oldman2

oldman2

Horn ring looks great, and that random shot looks b!tchin...Jim

10. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

I keep finding myself staring at pictures of this wagon... God, I love this thing.

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It was a pleasure meeting you Cody.

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks guys

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

No Monday updates today , I'm on vacation with my family Down in Florida , I went yesterday an meet up with Nads and his family and had an amazing time , what great people , ill post pictures once I get back to good ol Delaware ,

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family as well nads , I had a great time and thank you for taking you time out of your day to show me all of your amazing cars

15. oldman2

oldman2

Enjoy the vacation, and the warm weather...Jim

16. Cody, I am curious about you welding up the potmetal horn ring...guess I missed it the first time you did it. I have a mirror base in my Merc I would love shortened about 1.5-2 inches. If were to get it all figured out, would you be willing to let me ship it to you and have you cut it and reweld it for me so it would be ready for me to send to Josh for rechroming?

17. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks Jim will do

Dave the horn ring was die cast But anyway I welded it up with a muggy welding rod , I tried it by torch welding it and I had trouble with it , so I just tig welded it up with that muggy rod , it was quite a pain in the ass but I got it to work , I'm not sure if to work work on pot metal or not
    But I would love to give it a shot the only problem is trying to find the time to do it :( but maby after I get the wagon done .

18. I was going through your thread, looking for these pictures. I have to make similar pieces for this 60 project. I have to get creative to shape things. Great work as always!

19. Nice color......good job

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

cool, yah it shounldnt be that bad if you make them in a couple of peices jj , i cant wait to see how yours turns out .thnks btw :D
    thank you

21. Cool beans. I am in no hurry at all. I just saw that you had done that to your horn ring and thought, "hmmm, wonder if my mirror stem could be chopped down and shortened a little bit." :)

22. That is single-handedly the absolute coolest mod I have ever seen. :eek:

"Yes officer, that is my engine. My name is right there on the block." :D

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

cool yah ill give it a shot once I finish the wagon

thanks ,I pretty much stamped everything I could , :D

24. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Details... my god, all the details...The hours you must have into this thing! Its brilliant.

25. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks , yah I stopped counting the hours a long time ago lol:D but yes it's a lot

26. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Hey Cody been a while, just checking on you. Great work the wag looks awesome. The linkage is pretty slick, amazing details. Merry Christmas.

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks

28. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

sorry guys that there really hasnt been any kind of updates latley , i was on vacation an then the holidays , an trying to make up for the time i was off, i did manage to squees in a little time the other night on the spark plug tube but thats about it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now to the good part while i was down on vacation i did manage to swing by nads place , and let me tell you , nads and his family are great bunch of people , i must have hung out over there for 4 hours and just chitchatte and he showed me his car collection ,we just clicked and i had an amazing time , he also took me for a ride in his killer elky and then i was on my way . so here's some artsy pic of my adventure over to nads .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

he was working on the caddy when i pulled up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You've got Gomez in your lap, that dog loves car rides

30. Buzznut

Buzznut

Where did you get the spark plug tube? Do they make reproductions? Wonder if you can get those for V8's?