Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by qmdv, Dec 26, 2012.

1. I use photobucket to post pics on this and other sites. I just got a slide scanner and have scanned several slides from one of my neat trips in the 70's to see Ed Winfield.

These are now on an SD card and I have trying to downlaod to photobucket so I can share some of them. When downloding it does 94% in no time at all then just stalls there. (alway 94%) I have been trying off and on all night and it always goes to 94% then stops.

Is it that I have a slow connection or am I just a dull tool?

Tim

2. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

It could be the pictures are too big? Try resizing them to a smaller size.

3. Just selected a pic and resized it by 50%. Tried the download and it went to 94% like a rocket and then just stayed at 94.

I live out in the country and we get our signal from a local provider from a dish on a hill to the north. Provider says that at night everbody is downloading net flics so that makes everybody slow. It is much faster in the morning I have noticed.

Tim

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Sounds like you need to try again in the morning.

5. It goes to 94% in a blink of the eye and just stops there. What does the pic size have to do with that.

Tim

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My Photobucket has been doing goofy things lately and running real slow. I attributed it to a lot of people putting pictures in over Christmas holidays, but just guessing at that. Sometimes I have to try downloading a picture a few times before it downloads.

Don

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I have tried uploading large pictures that have gotten to between 90% and 100% and they stop and stay there for a while (several minutes at most) before saying the upload failed.

It could be anything else. I'm no technical expert, I just know how some of it works. There are others on here that could probably help you way better than I could. I'd just suggest to try playing around with the pictures and upload them to see which one works best. Trial-and-error.

8. Thanks TS. Finally got it to work. Here is a good pic taken in 1976 in front of Ed winfields house in Las Vegas. That was Winfield weekend 76. Pic is from L to R: Kong Jackson (flat head and ignition guy), Ed Winfield (no expanation required) and me Tim Avery checking out my 29 rdst pickup with Cook 4 port. See the 4 cylindar GM dist cap atop a prototype Kong ignition.

[​IMG]

Tim

9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Whoa!! That's pretty cool! Start a new thread and tell us all about your hot rodding exploits. You're off to a pretty good start!

10. Good idea. I will take to SD card to the office in the morning (faster connection) and download that trip.

Tim