Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Stock-S/S-F/X 1959-1966

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Race Artist, Mar 2, 2008.

1. 4tford

4tford

2. SLCK64

SLCK64

sign me up for this thread!

3. BSL409

BSL409

4. Race Artist

Race Artist

We'd love to see any S/S-F/X snapshots that you have from that 1960's time at Detroit. Joel

5. 4tford

4tford

I have only two from back then but they are too big to load here. both are the professor driven by bill shirey.

6. Race Artist

Race Artist

Would it be possible to send the large scans to my email and I'll resize them for you and post them here? Just a thought. [email protected]

Joel

7. 4tford

4tford

Here are the pics my buddy is the one on the passenger side.

Attached Files:

8. Race Artist

Race Artist

Good pictures, new ones that I don't think have been seen before either. Thanks for sharing! Joel

9. Race Artist

Race Artist

Huston Platt's '64 Comet ... I believe that he had this car for a short time in 1965.
    Joel

Attached Files:

10. Race Artist

Race Artist

Can anyone identify this 1961 Chevy running at Phenix City Dragway in this photo from 1962 or 1963?
    Joel

Attached Files:

11. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Trying to help a friend document his 1964 Factory Lightweight Plymouth Savoy. It was ordered to Jack Rieger Chrysler Plymouth in San Antonio on Jan 15, 1964. The car is black w/ Red interior. If anyone remembers this car being campaigned we would love to hear from you!

Wes

12. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Phil Bonner's '62 Ford vs Arnie Beswick's '61 Pontiac

[​IMG]

brut4s likes this.
  13. tjs44

tjs44

421 tempest did not run alu exhaust.they had stamped steel fabed exhaust.Tom

14. limerockracer

limerockracer

Hi my name is dean , i just came accross your post and was wondering about our info on the buzzard from the 60s my dad was from bergenfiels and ran a chevy named buzzard 1 i believe , i have pictures etc . do you have any buzzard pictures or info on where car is . His name was danny digiacomo.

15. Race Artist

Race Artist

Hi Dean, Great to hear from you. Although I didn't know your father my brother was an aquaintance of his and the other Bergenfield area guys. I remember your dad running the Buzzard '60 350hp Chevy canvertible back then. Bruce Bazaz who originally owned your dad's Buzzard still lives in Bergenfield. I saw him a couple of years ago and he has pictures of your dad's car when he owned it. I may have some scans too. I did post one very poor quality picture of your dad racing at Island Dragway with his car. Take a look through these pages and I'm sure you'll find it. Email me via private email and I'll see if I can send you some pictures of the car before your dad bought it. Joel at [email protected] www.JFNStudios.net
    Joel

16. Race Artist

Race Artist

Dean,
    Look up page 10, post #181 for my post and picture of your dad at Island Dragway at an NHRA Regional meet 1962.
    Joel

17. mousiebrown

mousiebrown

Hello. Hoping some people here may be able to help me. I am looking for pics of any of the cars Mousie Brown drove back in the sixties. Thanks for any help.

18. biscaynes

biscaynes

welcome here, a few i have....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. biscaynes

biscaynes

left lane....

[​IMG]

he also had a silver '67 chevelle
    check the jr stock thread also

20. BSL409

BSL409

Ware was the 62 run at ? and was that the ford S&S race team ?

21. mousiebrown

mousiebrown

Thanks so much for the quick responses and pics. If anyone happens to have more or any news articles, that would be wonderful. My name is Donnie and I am Mousie's son. We are currently working on restoring a 66 Biscayne to be a replica of the one he raced (Brown and Walker Secret Storm). He is having trouble finding his pics plus I think he just enjoys reliving the moments. Thanks again.

22. Future Stock

Future Stock

BSL409 > those pics of the '62 look like Capitol Raceway in Crofton Md.

23. hemikev

hemikev

hands down , the best period in drag racing , im a old mopar guy and love to see them run , the altered steal the show .. chevys fords mopars , ive got some old dvds and love to relax and watch them all ,, great thread thanx to all who have added to it , you guys rock Kev

24. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

here is my factory unrestored 1964 dodge aluminum nose ramcharger 330
    it has 31K original miles and is a mr norms car to boot!

Attached Files:

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

West Coast track pictures wanted of "Ritchie and Ritchie Flying A" S/SA '63 and '64 Plymouths (white). they were out of Fullerton, CA. racing stopped when Son was standing at starting line (Lion's?) and legs were crushed by dragster moving sideways at starting line.

27. Race Artist

Race Artist

The only Ritchie & Ritchie pictures I've seen are vintage magazine pictures. I don't have the magazines anymore ... someone else here might though. I seem to recall pictures in the magazine coverage of the '63 NHRA Winternationals and/or the NHRA Indy nationals in '63.
    You might try posting on the Drag Cars in Motion HAMB thread too ... there's a few CA guys on there that have some great vintage CA pics.
    Joel

28. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

According to Hayden Proffitt, this was his 64 Race hemi he sold that became the Dutchman.

29. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  30. That is incorrect. I just talked with Doris and Don Vander Woude and that car started as a stock wedge motor Belvedere that Al built himself.