Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is your weakness - What Parts do you have a fettish for???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftyv8, Dec 17, 2012.

1. volksjunky

volksjunky

Glad Im not the only with little collections of things ! I have a very strong fetish for old handheld spotlights, fuckin lovem . I really dig on wierd lights in general, yankee back up lights, Unity lights, boat lighting, old warehouse lights,I guess I'd collect anything if I had room...

2. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Aircleaners, intake manifolds, carburators, valve covers, steering wheels, hub caps.

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I am sure glad I have plenty of company when it comes to old car parts.
    At one time I was wonder if I was the only one...

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

The Spark Plug collection is down to what you see here, along with the St. Christopher Medals. If I'm at a swap meet and have enough mad money, wire wheels, 26-27 T parts, any NOS T or A parts, Speed Equipment, and things that just look right to me. I flip most things to fund the projects, the fun is in the hunt. Bob

Attached Files:

5. Very recently I fell in love with instruments, I knew NOTHING and learned what I could quickly, then decided which ones I wanted. I just picked this up and am smitten with it currently, the dual temp gauge just warms my heart and the 100lb oil pressure is a sweetie. This panel seems to have quite a history and be NOS. Now I'm obsessing over a rear mount, brass cased fuel gauge and a tach drive with bracketry.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Oh, you bought that bad boy? Nice, I love the dual temp...I've never seen one before. I actually posted a picture of it in the "GAUGES!" social group.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=442

Don't you need an amp gauge instead of a fuel gauge? or are you gonna pull the ignition switch and run all gauges? JohnnyA

7. HamD

HamD

Let's see. One of my car, I've swapped the trans. 4 times total and never actually broken a trans. in it. One actually went to another of my cars. The others were sold.

For another, I have 3 or 4 core transmissions for it.

Then I have a few cores and a complete rebuilt hi-po six speed I gotta get sold.

I try not to have duplicate parts or tools unnecessarily but apparently transmissions are my weakness.

8. MotoChronicle

MotoChronicle

Y'all have no idea how green I turned reading this thread.

I have my little hoard of vintage chopper motorcycle parts from that phase, (lots of coil springs in different lengths for tractor seats, and boxes of carbs and old aluminum velocity stacks) but not much to speak of for 20s-30s era cars. . .

I don't suppose any one with lots of old SW gauges is looking to part with a few working black face gauges I could put in my '26 T-Roadster -- I have a nice old SW speedo and fuel gauge, but everything else is ugly modern crap.

9. Me too. :) Not good for the backbones . Plus all the associated parts. Also anything else that goes between the front & rear bumper. As long as it,s pre-war. WWII .

Attached Files:

10. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anything thats steel and go on a willys. We do share though when someone needs something.

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Nice collection!

12. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I only collect what I think I'm gonna need in case something breaks.

13. moefuzz

moefuzz

Besides many many Engines (mostly Flatheads), Intakes, Heads, Grilles, Rad shells,
    Teardrop/Headlights, Hood Ornaments and Wire/Steel Wheels,

I Also Collect and Refurbish Tachs, Gauges, Speedos, Instrument Clusters and Dashes.

Just a small part of one of my 'Hauls', there was some good stuff in that load including
    the very last pics which shows one of about a dozen rad shells and grilles that came home that day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mercchev

Mercchev

Fender skirts and hubcaps...Jeez Louise

15. jesse1980

jesse1980

Glitter steering wheels for me.

16. erock805

erock805

mini bikes and wagons right now.... I got alot of junk...nothing real cool

17. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

[​IMG]

This is absolutely tits, what Stude is it from, Dictator? I have a weak spot for Art Deco

18. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

OMG, after seeing what has been posted, I am hardly suffering from it as bad as I thought...

19. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Well for me that's an easy question to answer.

Years ago I started collecting old racing decals from drag strips, speed shops, old racing manufacturers, circle track, midgets and sprint cars, old oil companies and many others along the way.

I love keeping the memories alive with these great old decals.

Today I have a few thousand old racing decals.

What started out as a hobby about 11 years ago turned into a business.

Someone once told me find something you love to do and then figure out how to make a living doing it!!!!!!!!

I found out there are many others in the world who love to collect decals.

To wake up each morning and say I cannot wait to get to work is a wonderful thing.

When someone asks me when are you going to retire I tell them I am having to much fun to even think about retiring!!!!!!!

Jimbo

20. Shift lever knobs

21. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

22. moefuzz

moefuzz

I believe its a 36 or 37 Stude, I have seen lesser units go for close to $1000 on the 'bay

It is beautiful to behold and Hard to imagine that the front plastic faceplate is not scratched or marred after nearly 80 years.

moe

23. VonKool13

VonKool13

My addiction starts with a G and ends with grills. I also love hubcaps. I have 6 complete sets hanging in my game room. I do want to start collecting valve covers too.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

24. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Banjo steering wheels, Kelsey bent spoke wheels, '36 radius rods. All things that there seems to be less demand for, but I like 'em.

25. OLLIN

OLLIN

41-42 Packard grills. I have bought 3 so far, and one grill shell. Since I cant afford a real Packard convertible, ill build a 40s custom!

26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I collect '27 T bodies and LaSalle floorshift boxes

27. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I got a plug from a Korean launch vehicle for "Scud" missiles marked "CCCP" from the first Gulf War.

28. Powerband

Powerband

a look around my shop ... (fetish ? :rolleyes:) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] <> [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my '61 Tri Power Six:

[​IMG]

29. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Steering wheels (banjo, metalflake and boat), valve covers (finned, OEM), multiple 3 bolt carb intakes (plus 94's and 97's), vintage minibikes and gokarts (and related parts), shift knobs, and Ford grille shells (20's - 30's). All have a intended use for the too many projects I have and won't live long enough to finish. Hoarder? Nah, smart. I picked them up cheap when I run across them. I'll have several choices when I get to the build stage or trading fodder for parts I need.

30. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Valve covers,hub caps,motometers,dashes,odd stuff