Register now to get rid of these ads!

what to do with 53? ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joeb1934, Dec 22, 2012.

1. joeb1934

joeb1934

a guy my mom used to work with is helping a lady clean up her land so she can sell it. he knew my dad and i were into old cars, so he called to see if we would have any interest. i think it's a 53, but what you see is what you get. it was driven by the family, so a title MIGHT be possible, but no guarantees. is this worth anything, or just let it go. i try to save as much as i can, even fords:D! what do you think and what would something like this be worth to someone? any help would be great.

Attached Files:

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

Drag it home yet ? free is for me ,

3. teejay99

teejay99

Anything under $100 is good . Does the tree come with it ?...free firewood .

4. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Yep, it's a 53. You can see the 50th Anniversary horn button.

5. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

Pardon me while I wipe a tear?

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

even Fords?? Traditional hotrods are ALL Fords

7. sobpunx

sobpunx

I would grab those hood hinges, they are really hard to find.

8. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

I'm seein' about $200 worth of parts there, easy.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, if you live close by and have a 4X4 truck and a trailer with power winch and spare storage space why not take it and sell complete (?) with whatever you haul home. or buy a complete nice '53 and strip it to fix this one up.

10. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

11. carmuts

carmuts

With the one I have and that one, there would almost be enough for a whole car. Still would have to find a hood. Rod

Attached Files:

12. U-235

U-235

Absolutely its worth saving...its a 2-door and it looks to be pretty solid shape only missing its front clip. Think about it, how many will be available in the future. Guys in the rust belt would love to start on something as clean as this. If you have room, grab it.

13. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Why would you even have to ask this question???????? None of us are gonna tell you to leave it so it gets crushed!!!!

14. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

15. I bought a really rusty 53 ford for $5. and Ive sold several hundred dollars in parts from it. I started a Thread titled How many parts will i sell from this 53 ford? I can see a salable rear bumper, the 2 dr bench seat is valuable. all the dash . If you can get a title without too much trouble just sell the complete car, OldWolf

16. Do you think it was wrecked with frontend damage.....or they just removed
    the clip to get to the motor?? Any chance the clip might be sitting
    elsewhere on the property.....behind the barn or some such?

I'd also say that interior stuff like gauges and horn parts has value.

[​IMG]

17. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

I'm in full agreement, Oldwolf!!

18. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Let the Monkey guys make a "gasser"out of it.

19. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

20. I think the gas monkey.s gasser was a money loser. and it lost the race or blew the tranny . I had a 53 convertable that had a 56 yblock. It cost me $15 the top was completely gone but it ran had a floor shifter and one front wheel brake. I was 14 and got in a lot of trouble with that car when I drove it to school. At that time I didnt realize or appreciate that I was having a adventure. I traded it for a honda 50 with a stuck engine. never got the honda running. oldwolf

21. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It might be rough from where you are but here in the rust belt its very saveable,it looks like its been siting for over 30 years and around here it would have rotted off the frame.

22. joeb1934

joeb1934

first off, i have no intentions of building it. i'm a chevy guy and my plate is REAL full. i don't know the market on this style of car, that's why i was asking. it's not in danger of getting crushed, don't worry. i know the guy and he's very willing to help me if i think i can get use out of it, somehow. also, we just got a bunch of snow, so it's not going anywhere for a while. i guess i'll do what i can to get it home and go from there. if someone needs/wants the whole thing, by all means, speak up and make an offer. i'm not sure why the front clip is off, but i'll see if it's around somewhere. the floors are bad, but not sure on trunk floor. there will be more to come on this as the seasonal weather allows.

23. Looks decent, if your not into it sell it to some guy that is.

24. joeb1934

joeb1934

that would be ideal for me.

25. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Grab it,..... There appears to be 75% of it there.... And, pieces are available.

4TTRUK

26. carmuts

carmuts

Your definately close enough, only 3 hrs away, and I could use alot of those parts. However after all of the fun and adventure the last 19 months have been it would be late summer at best before I could even consider making an offer. Hard to say if I will even have mine by that time. Rod

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  27. k9racer

k9racer

Put a add in hemmings motor news. I have sold cars and parts with them over 100 times. Price it right and some one will buy it from you. Any one who has a 52/53 would love to have it for the parts. I see a lot of parts that I could use..Look around you might find the front fenders close by. If it were closer to me I would make you a very reasonable offer on the car. good Luck Bobby..

28. 343w

343w

Part it out on the Hamb, I have a 53 Vic that needs some parts. Isn't that what this is all about!

29. Squablow

Squablow

Would part out well, or be a great donor car to convert a 4 door sedan, this one appears to be a Mainline coupe. It would have to be cheap to make a profit on it, but for a couple hundred, you can't go wrong. As mentioned, the hood hinge/air boxes are very valuable and yours are still on the car. Even broken ones can bring decent money.