Register now to get rid of these ads!

West Coast Kustoms Back to the Beach

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flyinlow, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Heres my merc from 98

[​IMG]

2. wow butch! thanks for the pic. i dont have any of my car when it was set up like this.
    [​IMG]Back to the beach was a killer show at that location. Definitely not the same as ventura.

3. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

That car was/is always a good looking car.

4. This was a good time here and a very killer car show,I loved taking my merc to this back in its virgin days.

5. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I bet some of those business's would like to see a show there again now with the slow economy, along with the city taking what they can get for a gathering...I guess they need the revenue due to there 50 dollar parking tickets:eek: Sounds like they got greedy and strict with a booming economy back then! Would like to see some thing like this return here!

6. The only one I got to attend was the last one at the Huntington Beach location. When I was leaving, I was cruising that main street leaving the beach next to a wild center door Model T. I'd never seen one before. I later got to meet it's owner Miguel (magoozi). I was in a yellow Gasser 41 Willys, and told Miguel his rear wheel was wobbling a bit. Do you remember that Miguel?

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Who has any old Back to the Beach posters?
    Here's one from 2000.

Attached Files:

8. Flyinlow

Flyinlow

Those are some great pictures! Does anyone have some more from the first year there? Thanks, Seth

9. flat top austin

flat top austin

Lookks like a good show!

10. I found this one and its either 99 or 2000.Those were fun shows and I miss em.My virgin mercury parked among 2 heavy hitters. uploadfromtaptalk1356330762226.jpg

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

two heavy hitters?? what cars were they?

12. Well the Merc is heavy to me the Chevy.....kind of but it is an old custom. The Merc is the Hollenback Merc and the Chevy is the Gator,im pretty sure.

13. Too bad that show went way..

14. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

ya thanks Jeff, never looked at dads car as a heavy hitter lol

15. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Here are some pics from 2002...I know I have more saved, but I can't find them at the moment.

Attached Files: