Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SOHC Galaxie frame rolls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, Apr 28, 2009.

1. SOHC427

SOHC427

Roy, going in Early September.
    There is a chance Junkie will be in Texas in a few weeks, and might pick up the 65 Cyclone, while he is there.
    That's gonna cost me some beer!!!
    Eric

2. HQMorris

HQMorris
    from Delaware

SOHC427 - Talk about an extreme thrill when you punch the gas pedal! VERY NICE buildup.. Pls do share the videos/pics. I had an Ed Pink cammer in a 33 Ford Pro Street Pickup... "Radical" was an understatement. Again - VERY NICE!!

3. SOHC427

SOHC427

HQMorris, what happened to the 33? I would love to hear about that one!

I will get some more pics up, and when the canner hits the dyno, I will post the video, too.

Thanks, and welcome to the insanity of the HAMB!
    Eric

4. HQMorris

HQMorris
    from Delaware

Sounds great to me. I Love the sound of those engines. I ran the truck for a while.. it was an insane ride. Especially since you could lean on the 33 pickup and it would start rolling (very light vehicle). I had a street lenco behind it, which was no easy task. At the time I had about 9 street rod projects all going at the same time and I wanted to do something different. I wound up selling everything. A guy from California wanted the engine for a car he was putting together for a customer, so we made the deal and away it went... I have regretted it ever since. I should've kept that engine for sure. It would have made a nice addition to the 64 Fairlane SC I am working on now. If all goes as planned, the Fairlane will be running a ford hemi also, but in the form of a Boss 9. NOTHIN like the cammer.. EVER!!

Can't wait to see the videos Eric. Good luck to you and most of all - if it isn't fun, it's not worth doing. :)

P.S. - Now you have me looking for a 64 Galaxie. lol

5. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Any photo's ? Tom S. in Tn.

6. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

Holy smokes, I've been looking for old gal drag pics for awhile!

7. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

[​IMG]

I'll add my pic , especially for Erik I know how much you hate my car.....lol

8. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

What size tire is on the front of the Gal on the right?

9. HQMorris

HQMorris
    from Delaware

EXracer64: Just guessing but it looks like a 15x3.5... same as i have on the front of my fairlane. The one on the left looks to be about a 15x7 or less.

10. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

HQ, thanks. i was looking for tire size.

11. SOHC427

SOHC427

No Shit I hate that car. I hate it so much, I would move some of my stuff outside, to keep it inside. Plus it would look way better, here in Colorado, with my name on the title!!
    Eric

12. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

A Couple 64 Galaxies Racing. Awesome Stuff.

[​IMG]

13. SOHC427

SOHC427

Well, with the Passing of my friend, Earl Wade, my project will be on the back burner, yet again.

Time to rethink the direction of my car, but I will let you know.
    Eric

14. SOHC427

SOHC427

15. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

Eric, have been following the news about Earl's passing, lots of Ford knowledge and know-how passed with him.
    If you have most of what you need, don't give up on the SOHC, doubt that you'll be happy with anything less.
    Check in over on the FE forum, there are folks there with the smarts to help you out and get it done.
    I'm pretty sure that you follow along over there so you know the folks I'm thinking of.
    Don't give up!
    Bill

16. SOHC427

SOHC427

Bill,
    I am not giving up, by any means. I will finish the project, but the thought of Earl's name behind the Cammer, was pretty important to me.
    There are lots of great people, in the SOHC world, but Earl was my favorite.
    I am only stepping back, to see exactly where my project sits.
    I know where the body, chassis, and trans are. Walked by them a few times today, already!

Thanks, Eric

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  17. terryble

terryble
    from canada

What are you using for exhaust manifolds/headers? A freind of mine is working on a similar project and exhaust looks like an issue.

18. SOHC427

SOHC427

Have a set of small tube headers for the car, but I will get Jardine, or some one to build a real nice set, before it's said and done.
    Flanges are easy to find, too.
    Eric

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;got in yesterday from my LONG drive up and back from Canada.Catching up on the 'important' posts!!!Have you gotten any news on getting your SOHC back?Any word on CHRR yet? ROY.

20. SOHC427

SOHC427

Roy, I will know more on my stuff, Monday. CHHR is a go for me, not 100% on Ken. What about you trans. Were you beaten it like a red headed step kid??
    Glad you made the trip, safe. Eric

21. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;is there any other way to drive a stick?!!!!I hope you can make it and drag old Ken along too!Good luck with your engine,I know why you had it where it was,such a tragic loss with Earl gone[for more than just his SOHC knowledge]!!!! ROY.

22. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;I tried contacting Long Shifters,NO RESPONSE[will try again Monday]!!!!! I left the small piece somewhere at Mission,hope it wasn't on the track!!I made my own,took a spare Hurst lever and grafted it to the Long Shifter arm,tried the destructo[BIG hammer] in the vice,held up,so I put it on,ran the car through the gears a few times[on jack stands],seems OK!!I will be headed to CHRR early Thursday,maybe they will give me enough room to open my side door!!!!! ROY.

23. SOHC427

SOHC427

Roy, if you need something tested for strength, give it to Tony, from our Colorado circle.
    That guy can break a anvil, with a marshmello hammer.

A little more space at CHRR would sure be nice. Look forward to seeing you there.
    Eric

24. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Merry SOHC Galaxie Christmas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  25. barney rubble

barney rubble

If thats for me Thanks. I'll be by to get it.lol.

26. 65COMET

65COMET

Ken;have you seen Jack's 63.5 Galaxy with the Cammer? Eric;where is yours?!!!!!! ROY.

27. moefuzz

moefuzz

And A Very Merry Christmas Right Back At Ya!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Pencil sketch work is from about 25 years ago -moe)

28. barney rubble

barney rubble

29. SOHC427

SOHC427

That 63.5 is really nice. I would like to know more about it.
    What a perfect vintage look!
    Eric

30. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Here you go Eric

While you were running around in a 64 R code Cammer powered Galaxie at 19 , I was reaching for the sky with a set of Magnesium Wheels at 19. Im sure I wasnt Wearing a seat belt. You can almost see my Hippie Hair flowing in the wind( sure miss the Hair)

[​IMG]