Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What do you think??? Buyer unhappy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconwagon62, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

If he only clams on the title that he gave 100. for the car, to evade taxes, which is very common in Ohio, thats all you would legally have to give him back for the car. If he wants more he's guilty of tax evasion. The IRS would like to talk to him also.

2. Paul B

Paul B

I wouldnt' worry about it. he waited 9 days, If he was going to do anything and suppose to be a bad ass he would of showed up to your house not talk shit on the phone.

3. I don't know how, when or even where (nor do I care) in this thread "Sons of Anarchy" came up. But over on this side of the pond, there have been guys getting the shit beat out of them for showing off their S.O.A. patches. This is because S.O.A. is not only not a real M.C. but also not an approved M.C.

4. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Actually everyone believes as is is a way to sell a car and not disclose known issues. But you are correct. If you know a defect, you must disclose it. Feigning ignorance is not a legal defense.
    As is means, I know of such and such an issue and I made you aware, there are no other known issues so the car is sold as is.
    Thats the actual legal way

Trust me I am not a lawyer but I have watched Judge judy

5. onegalonly

onegalonly

if the "outlaw" calls again, tell him that you are gonna report the car stolen and that you are gonna give the cops his phone number and tell them that a guy at this number keeps calling me to extort money from me to get the car back... but the guy has the title and stuff, you say!!.. well the car was for sale and you kept all the paper work in the glovey to pull out to show potential buyer the the car is lagit.. that's why the thief has the paper work.. Just think, after all is sad and done, you spent his money and get your car back.. wow!! Ya see, jerkoffs like this have to get beat at there own game... OR, YOU CAN JUST TELL HIM THAT YOU ARE IN THE MAFIA, hehe...

please note: you are not going to do this, you are just telling this to the outlaw biker so he has something to think about

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  6. wawuzit

wawuzit
    from tennessee

After 47 years he should expect rust and other major problems. He should have checked it out better.. Offer him chump change back, if he isn't happy, report it to the police.

7. 1) Do this and you'll look like an A-hole.

2) If he is an "actual" member do you really think he'll give a shit!?!?

8. ......tail light warranty.....
    Either don't complain or call your sheriff friend and report it JUST in case this dipwad gets real balls and shows up at your place.....

9. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

The really "bad dudes" usually don't flap their lips. They just do the deed, end of story. Similar to the keyboard cowboys that we see. Stu

10. Larjk9

Larjk9

If he was for real, he'd have already been there, and you wouldn't have seen him coming. Hell, you probably would not have been able to post about it.

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

For what you were asking for the falcon it should have been really nice on the bottom but its the buyer responsibilty to look it over completely,for that reason if I were to ever spend any more then what a project vehicle costs you bet its going on a lift to look for rust. I had a 64 falcon 2 door wagon that looked great up top but was a mess on the bottom,it was a Ohio car all its life so if this one was a Ohio car and you did not have it on a lift there is a chance it could have been worse then you thought and since you mess with falcons you probably should have looked it over a little more carefully before selling to keep something like this from happening. No matter what its the buyers problem for not looking too close but there are a bunch of clueless idiots out there that think everything should be like at Wal-Mart that you can take it back if you dont like it.

12. Call the local Police. Terroristic threats are not taken lightly anymore.

13. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

I don't think you owe him a thing,idiots that don't inspect old cars completely, or buy cars on line get what they have coming, if I pulled into your drive way and saw that car with painted bumpers and trim, i would have been all over (under) that thing in a hot minute!Make sure you don't pedal junk, CARMA'S a BITCH !!

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

better watch out, the "outlaw biker" is already on the way to your house, should be there in about 2 months.

[​IMG]

15. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Ha ! at 49Ratfink thats one bad ass biker!

16. Hear any more from the guy? HRP

He comes off as a,,,

[​IMG]

17. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its an old car sold as is , it looks decent from the photos , he probably thought he could flip it and the deal fell through , id forget about it and go on with my life , and close this thread , happy holidays

18. Syas he is an outlaw or he is an outlaw. Lot of difference.

Ask him who he runs with then get ahold of them and make sure they know who he is. If he doesn't run with them you won't have to worry about it any more. I knew an outlaw once and from what I remember they are pretty touchy about people saying that they ran with them if they didn't.

No otnet advice for you I am afraid. maybe call the police but they are going to tell you that there is nothing they can do until he tries something. At least that is what they usually say around here.

19. That kind of contradicts itself. If you don't know there's a defect you can't disclose it.

As the buyer, you have to presume the seller may not be honest and do your own due dilligence by inspecting the vehicle before you buy it. I tell people outright, old cars rust, there could be problems we haven't found, and you should inspect the car completely before buying it.

If I'm worried a buyer may come back on me, I spell it right out in the bill of sale and if the car is rough enough I state it's in need of total restoration. It seems to work, the last one I did that on, the rear bumper fell off and they never came back and asked for it.

20. Damn , I looked again.

21. silversink

silversink

if everyone worked like this there would be no car salesmen or used car lots. screw the bastered, he was in it , droveit, was under it. Maybe the spare was a little flat

22. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Ho, Ho, Ho!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see his face when he opened his "present" :D:D:D

23. Fenders

Fenders

In Massachusetts, "A private seller shall clearly disclose to any prospective buyer, before the sale is completed, all defects the seller knows of which impair the used motor vehicle’s safety or substantially impair its use. Failure to so disclose known defects shall entitle the buyer, within thirty days after the sale, to rescind the sale and be entitled to return of all monies paid to the seller less a reasonable amount for use ..." (MGL ch 90 s. 7n1/4 (8))

And note that "Notwithstanding any disclaimer of warranty, a motor vehicle contract of sale may be voided by the buyer if the motor vehicle fails to pass, within seven days from the date of such sale, the periodic staggered inspection at an inspection station licensed pursuant to section seven W..." (MGL ch 90 s.7N)

So that selling a car "as is" will not cut it.

However, S. 7N "shall apply only to motor vehicles purchased for the immediate personal or family use of the buyer."

So in Massachusetts ( and perhaps in other states), to avoid seller's liability, in the bill of sale (which he should also have a copy signed by the buyer) he should list all faults of which he is aware (no matter how minor and perhaps listing one or two safety related), and add "therefore this vehicle is sold for parts or repair and not for the immediate personal or family use of the buyer."

24. He can go to hell.he looked at it.he bought it.you're not a dealer.he can go kick rocks

25. lucky 777

lucky 777

call the police and wish him a very merry christmas :)p

26. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Okay. A lot has been said.
    2 questions we have not heard answered.
    1- was the title in your name.
    2- what specific problem is he complaining about?
    Frame rust? How bad is it? Where is the damage?
    How many places?
    3- did you discuss the damage ahead at time of sale, or did you hope he wouldn't see it?

Not accusing you of anything. But until we have those answers, it is hard to answer anything.

27. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Tell him to pound salt... He had his look at the car..

28. hunt him down and fuck his old lady

29. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

let the Amish Mafia handle it for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.