Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional Calenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Engine man, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

It's the time of year when calenders come out. I fondly recall the ones the tool companies gave out with models holding tools in strategic positions, parts stores with models displaying their own parts as well as auto parts, glass companies with models in mirrors, windows and on vehicles, salvage yards and scrap dealers with women working on hot rods on hot days. Car dealers used to give out ones with models emphasizing features on their cars. Now there is one glass company that has small stick up calenders and one scrap company with a model in a bikini.

Snap-On now has cars and tools only.

Does anyone else miss the classic works of art that those calenders were?

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I miss the Mattco girls.

3. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Only two of us miss those? Has political correctness or the internet put an end to them?

4. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

Growing up I worked at a hardware store, The rigid calendars were the best

5. I miss the old calendars that some repair shops gave to customers,,the type that had a pretty girl with a bikini painted on clear acetate,,,lift the acetate and she is nude,,Something that political correctness has killed a long time ago.:( HRP

6. noboD

noboD

Matco still has girls, just got a new one. Parelli used to have great calenders in the 70's, still have a few of those.

7. derpr

derpr

two words. sexual harassment

8. kennkat

kennkat

AHhhhhh.... Oh yes those were so kool!
    in 1988, when I last managed a production engine rebuilder here in Calif we did both topless and bikini-clad calendars, but only did the topless ones in a pocket size..... oh well..........

9. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Times have changed!

10. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I miss the old calendars also, but a funny story about them about 10 years ago a lady calls me about making her a custom dining room set ( a $5000 job ). When she show up at the shop with her kid and introduces herself and the kids names were Faith, Charity, Ruth, and other biblical names the politically incorrect calendar hanging prominently in the shop somehow took a nose give to the floor. I did get the job and they were great customers.

But sadly no more nice calendars hanging in the furniture shop now.

11. johnod

johnod

I remember when i was a kid going to garages and shops with my Dad, I'd always search them out and check them out, while trying not to get caught.
    Ya I miss them.

12. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

Corporate wont let us have girl calendars anymore. But we just ended up putting them in our lockers and tool boxes.

13. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

why does matco have 2 t's. :D

14. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

Probably the same reason you didn't capitalize the first letter of your sentence, and also the same reason you didn't use a question mark to finish off said sentence... Typo. :rolleyes:

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

They are the really old ones.:D I only saw them in the garage area in the early 60s. The Snap on man used to complain that corporate would not allow naked girly calenders.

16. noboD

noboD

As a kid I used to get yelled at for looking at them too. And really they didn't show anything, but nipple. I guess I still get yelled at for looking at them.

17. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

i was making a joke like he make a freudian slip. like he used two t's because we were taking about calanders and he was thinking of ta ta's. i never capitalize on the computer, it doesn't deserve that kind of respect. i do, however, capitalize peoples names. yes you did catch me not using a question mark. thanks, i feel edjumucated now!:D

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Same reason AAMCO has two A's. T&A must be a trend. Bob :)

19. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

not to mention it's very traditional. ;)

20. ty johnson

ty johnson

Wurth products used to give out nice calender's too.

21. bt34

bt34

yup, dem their spelln misteaks r f-hereey wear