Register now to get rid of these ads!

My old project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chemlab, Dec 22, 2012.

1. so i'm removing the "on hold" status from my 50 chevy fastback and getting
    back to work on it. question i have is where/what are some places to get
    parts from now days. seems most if not all of the ones i used in the past are
    no longer around.

2. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Hi Chemlab, keep wrenchin on that Chevy and stay in touch.

Places are still around like The Filling Station, and Chev's of the 40's but what parts are you looking for? There's a million places you can get repro parts from now and of course the HAMB is a great resource for new & used parts for your Fleetline.

Cheers,

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Chevs of the 40's. Affordable and great quality. Ordered some generator rebuild stuff came in the original packaging from 1956.

4. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

5. I've ordered lots of stuff from both Chevs of the 40's and National Chevy and never had any problems.

6. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

I've ordered from the filling station, chevs of the 40's and national Chevy.
    I've spent around 11k on parts for one car from national and every time I get parts in something is messed up. Just today my glass guy went to install glass, the rear wouldn't fit. They sent wrong one and want me to pay shipping to get right one!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. thanks fellas, been awhile since i made this post but life got in the way and the car was "on hold" again. its now my top priority once again and looking forward to posting my progress.

8. Kinky6

Kinky6

Life can really get in the way when taking on an old car project. I hope you can get "hip deep" in this one soon.

Its funny, I usually think of the early '50's Chevys as just boring, lumpy looking sedans, but there is just something about that fastback body, both in the two door and four door version. Different strokes. ;)

Good luck with it, Kinky6 :cool: