Register now to get rid of these ads!

new here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47 flatbed, Dec 22, 2012.

1. 47 flatbed

47 flatbed
    from ohio

Hello I'm new to this forum, was more or less told to come here becuase my new project is deffinately not a "stock" truck. Hopefully I can get answers here.

I'm in the process of builing an 8ba engine for my wife's 41 pick up project. We are installing mustang II from and and 9" rear. Its her truck and want her to be able to drive it thus an automatic and power steer. (certain forums really didn't like this but oh well) definately a new rodder so any help is great help.

Engine-- cleaned bores to just under 30 over by machince shop to figure poston size now which ones to buy?

Thanks everyone and merry christmas

2. mtflat

mtflat

I can guess where you got that info.................

Stock pistons +.30 would work for what you're doing. You'll want to take the pistons to the machine shop and have the bores honed to fit.

Here's another flathead forum that can give you a lot of tech answers - and they're happy to have anybody around that speaks flathead - stock app or hotrods, tractors, boats and trucks!

http://flatheadv8.org/phpBB/index.php?sid=33ff6f7d1b4494f20b0fc2b79538b8f7

3. 117harv

117harv

If you are running a 9" and mustang II I would run a later Ford engine and save some $$.

4. lawman

lawman

Welcome and please post some picture's.