Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What do you think??? Buyer unhappy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconwagon62, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Sold my 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery, dude came, looked at it, had me back it on to the driveway, HE crawled under it, checked it out, we drove it around the block, he makes an offer, I sell it, HE loads it, chained it down, took it home, 9 days later, he calls saying it has more rust than I said, and he don't want it, not the next day or two, NINE days later, told him sorry, already spent the cash, and used cars are pretty much as is, where is, so then he starts into how he is going to burn down my house, that he is a Outlaw biker, told him, pretty much changes nothing, again, paid a bill, cash gone.....What would YOU do at this point.....He is 4-1/2 hours away, in the same state.......I never saw anything too bad, I DROVE this ALL SUMMER LONG, no issues....

[​IMG]

typical ad....
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662977&highlight=falconwagon62

2. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

Call the police and report the threats. The new anti-terrorism laws are very strict about death threats, and arson is a serious crime as well. You must have his name and phone number, correct? You don't know the man, so you don't know if he's blowing smoke or if he's capable of doing what he said he's going to do.

3. Beau

Beau

Call the Police.

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely...report it. Must've kind of stressed you out to hear that crap.

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Why is he acting like he bought this one off you instead ?

[​IMG]

6. ibuild

ibuild

good advice with all the crazy people today take him serious and call the police

7. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Buyer's remorse. It's on him, he inspected it, rode/drove it, made you an offer, then bought it. Too bad. And yeah, I'd call the police, as stated above.

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yup.. Call the police. He's probably one of those "Sons of Anarchy" wanna-bes but make an example out of him anyways.

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Considering all the violence in the news today, one call to the police would get an IMMEDIATE response. They'd LOVE to catch an idiot. I learned a long time ago that getting mad or getting even, usually works against me. So, I became VERY good at being able to talk to those in authority.

Be nice and calm and explain how the "outlaw biker" just threatened your life and home. Give them all the info you have and let THEM put a crimp in his holiday. In these times we live in, I have no hesitation when it comes to dropping a dime on violence.

10. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Believe it or not, i did NOT make a bill of sale like I do 99% of the time, so NO, I do not know his name, I have his number, as he calls from time to time......been playing with cars 36 Years now, this is the first tool I have ever ran into, to this level...

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Used car sales are "AS IS" unless the seller provides a warranty or hides some important flaw he is aware of. So he is out of luck on that score.

Now, to protect yourself, Ohio is a "One party consent" State, which means as long as one party (you) knows the phone conversation is being recorded it is not against the law. They sell little attachements for a tape recorder that are a microphone and it attaches to your handset. It will record your conversation. Do it to protect yourself and prove he is making terroristic threats against you.

Call the police immediately and file a complaint. The cops in his area will visit him which in most cases is enough to scare the guy and make him stop his nonsense. If he persists, get a restraining order against him and if he violates it there are no questions, he goes straight to jail.

Don't mess around with this idiot, there are some real sickos out there and you want to get it reported like NOW. Good luck.

Don

12. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

No Transfer of Title with his name on it? Release of registration? I would be concerned if he gets in a wreck with it, and your name is still on the registration. Don't know what your laws are in Ohio.

13. straightshooter

straightshooter

Call the cops. Don't wait and find out if this nutjob is for real or not.

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I wonder if the biker bully has pulled this crap on other guys and if it worked.Seems like once money was exchanged for car it was to late then..How much rust do yah think he is talking about?Just wondering.

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear this. If he calls again, tell him you've reported it to the police. And whether you have one or not, tell him your house has multiple surveillance cameras, and if he comes around, he'll be seen and recorded. If you can, actually install one or two. That'll make him think twice, and help you to feel a little better.

16. seatex

seatex

If he says he's an "Outlaw Biker", chances are, he isn't. Load your shotgun with dumbass shot. Calling the police might cover your ass if you have to use it, but about as effective as sending in the paper boy, at least in ATX............. good luck.

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And I like Don's suggestion of recording the phone conversation.

18. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

No "Release of Liability"? I never sell a vehicle without a release with the guys name, address, phone number, dob and a bill of sale stating "Sold As-Is".

19. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Up here you mail in the bottom piece of the title to the Dmv letting them know it is out of your hands.

20. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Floors were rusty, not killed, like I said, Drove it all year....drove pretty good, pix on my link.....I have seen, drove and owned MUCH worse.....I told my wife, he was being a bully....if I was rich, and had the cash, I most likely would give it back, but, I don't do this for my living, and I don't like making anybody I deal with unhappy, but dam, 9 days later....

21. run his phone number thru reverse look up on the white-pages on line that will give you name and addy. unless he's unlisted give that info to the police when you call him in ..... AND LIKE SAID ABOVE..... DO CALL IT IN

22. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

That sucks.dealing with this kinda shit gives me a knot in my stomach :(Just be careful and good luck like you said the moneys gone to late ....Hopefully the next car transaction you have isnt with a jerk.

23. trollst

trollst

Look, he's had the car nine days, politely inform him that after nine days he could have swapped half the car out, no deal, If he calls again, call the cops, you're a fool to give him his money back, regardless of who he says he is...wanna be. The folks I hang with don't hafta tell you who they are, I'm sure you'd figure it out quick.

24. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Really,... who calls themselves an "Outlaw Biker"? .Just a pussy.

25. OP how many times do you need people to tell you to call the cops .. ??

26. rusty chieftan

rusty chieftan
    from wi

Well what were you thinking how could you forget a bill of sale ? Call the police if you do not call the police you must have something to hide would be my thoughts anyone that had nothing to hide would call the police !

27. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

My brother Roy work for the Butler Co. Sherriff, Bronze Star winner, 2 tours Nam, flys Richard K. Jones in the Helo....believe me, all that under control.....Nothing to hide here, pretty public person..I know a Shit load of people on here, they will tell ya...just wanted to let you all know, about some of the people in the world, and a casual sale, just slipped my mind to get a Bill of Sale....no required in the State of Ohio.....but I do them normally......

28. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Not much to fear from someone who cant act like a man.

29. rusty chieftan

rusty chieftan
    from wi

People suck !!!!!!!!!!

30. outlaw bikers don't call themselves "outlaw bikers"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.