Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is the most unusual...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pinkynoegg, Dec 20, 2012.

1. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

What is the most unusual item you have found in your ride. for example, while going through my oil pan today on my flathead I found a junebug. also, a few years back my dad went to get new tires and found out there had been a pocket knife that had been rattling around in one of the tires for the last 50 thousand miles.

2. 117harv

117harv

3. ehdave

ehdave

I used to have a wolf spider in the boot of my old daily, their venom eats your skin away when they bite you so i left it there incase of theives and called it karma.

Funny thing is it never once tried to attack me

4. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I found a life-sized Harry Potter cardboard stand up figure in the trunk of a Mustang I bought at an auction. I've found quite a few tools. I found a couple of dildos in the trunk of a Chrysler I bought.

5. RWH

RWH
    from Pdx

I bought a 1938 Chev 2dr sedan that had 3 or 4 mice skeletons in the trunk, and the cats skeleton that chased the in there.
    Bob

6. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

A "NarcoPouch" cocaine salts re-agent test and even more funny...... a small amount of cocaine. Oh, all found in an old squad car. Lots of treasures in them and I've bought them for years. Found a flash bang grenade in one also.

7. hd4unm

hd4unm

Frog balls hangin' from a tie rod.

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nude Polaroid photos of a gal I actually knew. She looked a hell of a lot better with her clothes on than she did in the photos. I found out later that one of her old boyfriends had owned the car for about six months.

10. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

guess i didnt have the right words in the search bar. there are some interesting things found in cars none the less

11. A pristine Thomas special bamboo fly rod. in the trunk of a rambler I bought for $75 at an auction.

12. I found this mummified rat in the roof lining of my 37 Chevy coupe..

Attached Files:

13. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Childhood memory: Japanese cigarette butts under the third seat of the '63 Dodge 440 wagon we bought in '67.

14. I bet the cat out lived the mice;)

15. Bwahahahaha!

16. aaggie

aaggie

I once bought a 1972 240Z and the engine was locked up. I pulled the head and there was a giant mud dobber nest in #5 cylinder that even filled up the intake manifold. I cleaned it up and except for a few pits in the cylinder wall it was undamaged. I put it back together and drove the car for several years.

17. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Found a blasting cap in a 1962 Chevy II door panel.

18. earlymopar

earlymopar

Not in a car but under the seat padding of my 1929 Harley I bought in 1976, I found a 30's era newspaper clipping on Hitler.

19. TomWar

TomWar

My wife bought a car in the 70's and found an urn with someone's ashes in the trunk.

20. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

I picked up a drawer bin of hardware at a yard sale, and when I was going through a bin I found a token from the 1954 GM autorama.

21. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I had owned my 57 Dodge truck for 3 years when i looked down one of the bedside holes and saw something, so i grabbed my long mechanical finger tool and pulled out a army man toy from probabily the 70s by the looks of it. I saw more so i ended up pulling out about 20 of those plastic toy soldiers with the little base at the feet, what was really weird was the ones at the top had over spray from when the truck was painted gold in the late 70s. guessing some kid decided to hide the soldiers in dad/grampas old farm truck( army base)..LOL

22. 52RAM108

52RAM108
    from 76564

technically, I reckon that fort would be a bunker :cool:

I found a 1949 Dodge 1-ton pickup on eBay back in '01, it had spent its life working around the TX/OK border near Shamrock as a farm truck, but had spent the last 20 yrs used as a shed/cat sanctuary...lots of red dust caked on the floorboards. I dragged the thing 500 miles back to the house, and promptly got side-tracked for 3 years. I finally got back to working on that truck, but had to clean out all the junk & West Texas sand first. Sweeping the dirt out, I found that there was a carpet remnant used as a floor mat. After scraping that & another pile of dirt out of the cab, there it was, still stuck to the passenger side cab floor: the original long-lost ignition key :cool:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  23. Sidewinder777

Sidewinder777
    from Dayton,Nv

I found a dead mouse wedged in the brake caliper of my O/T truck, explains the noise...

24. scotts52

scotts52

Not unusual but interesting anyway. Bought a 66 Chev truck for the cost of pulling it out of the guys yard and cleaning up the yard waste around it. Guy didn't have the title and sent me a notarized affidavit in lieu of title. I found the original title in the glove box.

25. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

While ripping down the flathead out of my friens 51 Ford shoebox we pulled the oilpan and found a petrified gecko. It had gotten down in the because the fule pump was off. Kinda cool