Register now to get rid of these ads!

The passing of a true Hot Rod Legand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodythx138, Dec 21, 2012.

1. woodythx138

woodythx138

It is with a heavy heart I report the passing of a true Hot rod legand ,a long time friend hot rodder,tether car guy and wrecking yard king, Ed Hegarty. He passed away this afternoon after a long battle with cancer.
    Ed I will miss you for ever , your weekly calls and the past deals we have done over the year.Carry on my wayword son. Chris Garcia

2. slammed

slammed

3. slammed

slammed

4. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

Ed was a class act and a friend that will be missed. The first time I met him at the junk yard he took me home to see his private stash of cool parts. He was a character among characters.

5. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Oh Ed, RIP old friend.

Mikey....hang in there, I just went through this a year ago.
    I saw Ed and his other son down south here in October, glad I did.

6. casper

casper

RIP Ed,
    Great guy, he will be sorely missed. Prayers go out to his family.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to his Family and friends

8. saltracer219

saltracer219

I knew both Ed Hagarty and Dave Dozier from the days we all ran at Bonneville. Both great guys, sadly both gone now. R.I.P

9. surfgeezer

surfgeezer

Ed was a friend... Will miss his sense of humor, (and the muffins or other snacks he always had at Turlock.)

10. R&C RON

R&C RON

Will miss seeing Ed at Car shows and Swap meets. R.I.P.

11. Sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers for his family for strength and understanding as they go through this trial. I lost my father to cancer on this day in 1991.

12. I heard he was sick. Hate to here this. I always enjoyed going to his yard, and checking out his stuff at the Turlock Swapmeet.

13. Interesting fella. Tried to buy my Olds. Sorry to hear that he's gone. It was always fun to see him. RIP, Ed.

14. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

The first Hotrod I worked on was Ed's 32 Vicky in 1963 ,My Dad had a Body Shop on 23rd Street in Richmond Ca.and they were great friends, I also had my first Vehicle it was a 49 Studebaker Pickup with a Flat 6 that burned more oil than it used gas,was buying that Simas Bros. Bulk oil in the glass jars daily,Ed gave me a 56 Olds Engine and Tranny from a Burned up 88 for my faded old red Studebaker,was a rocket off the line with that Olds and the Low rear gear ratio. He will be missed as I am sure there are a Multitude of stories like mine about ED and Deal Auto Wrecking

15. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

ED You'll be missed. RIP my friend

16. Ron67

Ron67

Sad to hear, as stated earlier he was a CLASS ACT. Everone is gonna miss him.......

17. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Sorry to hear this. I had heard he was not well but it is still sad when it does come to pass. Met Ed about 5 years ago, was always good for a story or two. Will miss him.