Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Looking good man.....

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I got a laugh here! Been there for sure. I once put together a Y-block Ford short block, installed the crank, piston/connecting rod assemblies, oil pan, timing set & cover and painted it real nice. After I flipped it over to continue reassembly I realized that I'd forgotten that the lifters have to be installed from the bottom side. (They are usually dropped in while the block is upside down and with no cam or crank installed yet). After a few choice words I had to remove the timing cover, messing up my nice paint job in the process, removing the timing set and pulling out the cam. Devised a method with a coat hanger and rubber bands to install the lifters without further disassembly. Lesson learned for sure! :eek::D

3. farmer12

farmer12

And confusing me too Kenny.:D

4. farmer12

farmer12

You're coming along nicely too 48plysled, I like the work you're doing. As for color, it's going to be black. This pic is a photoshop of my car. Going to be blacker, Plymouth hubcaps and some more trim on the nose. But you get the general idea I hope.

Attached Files:

5. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hey Eric its all looking rather spiffing, Just thought I would wish you and your family a Happy xmas, have a great one mate.

6. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

Love the photoshop Eric, awesome. Just found my new desktop picture. Merry Christmas to you and the family. Mick.

7. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Pasi. Hope to see you in feb at the Kustom show in Helsinki. Best wishes to you too!

Thanks Eric

Haha, looks like you're never to old to learn, right? It's a steep learning curve at times.:D

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I've checked in on this thread many times previously, but never posted...today I will...the Plymouth is looking good and your work is excellent...

One of my pals back in Iowa (and High School) had a blak '41 Plymouth two door sedan...he wanted a name lettered on it, so I lettered "Blitzen Baby" on the rear fenders in white...it wasn't fast or quik at all, it was a stock flathead six...but I guess the name made a difference to him...!!!

R-

9. 48plysled

48plysled

thanks buddy. Mine is getting there one day at a time. lol. If the photoshop is any indication then your car is gonna look insane. Awesome job as usual and cant wait to see it when she gets colored.

10. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Nice work with the fenders,Eric!
    And Merry Christmas for you and for your family!

11. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you gentlemen for the kind wishes. Hoping you all have a merry Christmas and a brilliant 2013!

12. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the comments Roger. Love the way your Caddy has turned out, amazing to say the least! Merry Christmas to you and the family.

13. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

/\ /\ /\ Hey Eric, i love the blacked out grille, it looks way cool buddy. The rendition photoshop, you have nailed it old mate. :D

14. hemi v8

hemi v8

Looking awesome as usual. Love the photoshop in post#3460. Never get tired of viewing this build.

15. This car is the shit!

16. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Kenny. Now all I need to do is finish it.:D

Thank you for the support hemi v8.

Thanks AP.

17. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Merry Christmas, Eric!

18. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Rock. You have a good one too!

19. farmer12

farmer12

I fixed the passenger side front panels today. A fair bit of hammer/dolly work and a little welding. Also fixed the two holes in the front, which I presume were used for the license plate bracket. Mounted the panels to the car and now I can finally work on the hood latch.:D

Attached Files:

20. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Looking sweet mate ;) , every bit is a bit closer to finishing :cool:

21. Will it be a summer cruser?
    Terry

22. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Kenny. Every time I enter the garage I feel it's getting closer. But for some reason I seem to find little things (on top of the planned ones) to do. Today I fitted the modified brackets for the running board. After fitting them, I needed to lengthen the hole where the board attaches in order to make it fit properly. Finally got it mounted and came out looking great. The lighter paint in the last pic is where I extended it by 27mm so that it fits exactly between the fenders. Small details, a lot of work, but worth it in the end.:D

Attached Files:

23. farmer12

farmer12

Yes. Even though last winter I think I said the same thing.....;)

24. IvarP

IvarP

I hope so, would love to see you're car cruising the Dutch roads!

25. n847

n847

The devil is in the details...its stuff like that that is taking this car over the top!

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yup!

27. farmer12

farmer12

So would I Ivar...... so would I.:D

28. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I think you are finding out that it is the details that separate the men from the boys mate, and i bet you will also notice that the details work will take a lot longer than any other part of the build also. You are doing great work, and the end result will show, or if done right it will not show, that is the secret to greatness, making someone stand at your car and spend hours trying to decipher how you made everything fit so nice. Keep it up buddy. ;)

29. farmer12

farmer12

It sure is. Some will get noticed, some won't. But I won't be satisfied untill I'm happy. :rolleyes::D:D Happy New Year everyone!

30. 48plysled

48plysled

Happy New Year to you and your family from me and the little lady. Lookin forward to the posts of your car as you near completion.

Matt