Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jimenez Bros Giving 2 LINK Kit giveaway 4 Xmas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jbc jobe, Dec 6, 2012.

1. STUNNED MULLET

STUNNED MULLET
    from Fresno

JUST SPOKE WITH YOU ABOUT THESE KITS MAN!! YOU DO TOP NOTCH WORK!! MUCH LOVE UP HERE IN THE VALLEY!! KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK. WOULD LOVE TO INSTALL ONE OF THESE KITS IN MY 50 CHEVY!! HO HO HO MERRRY CHRISTMAS!! [​IMG]

2. seen your work on here before, thinking of bagging my 50 chev in my avatar. its getting a v8 swap and rebuilt front suspension, updated brakes and rebuilt trans. all done by the one and only ME! have not touched the rear end yet because i was debating on bagging it or not. your kit is the reason i have not made up my mind because it seems like a great and easy install, and totally worth the price, but its xmas so funds are low. would love to get this for xmas! hint hint! pick me.,

i can pickup also so you dont have to ship to me when i win lol

3. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is my 50 Chevy four door. I purchased this car in St. Louis as a project in honor of my brother. He was injured in October under questionable circumstances and passed away the week before thanksgiving at SLU hospital. I found the car on c-list while we were there with him for three weeks in the ICU. My brother was not mechanically inclined, but loved 40's and 50's cars. He always told me he wanted me to build him one, so thats what I intend to do. As it just showed up in my garage, I am just diggin into it. I had not planned on a two link rear, but for safety sake I am swapping the rear for better brakes. Sounds like a perfect time to do a c-notch! Thanks to Jimenez Bros for such a cool Christmas present for some lucky soul!

Attached Files:

4. CBennett1

CBennett1
    from Sek

I'll bite. Would love to have one of these kits. Have talked to Cain about them and am really interested. Awesome of you guys to give one away! Thanks!

Attached Files:

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Awesome offer, thanks for the chance.

Please include me on the list. Just ordered my Fatman front susp for my chevy. could use a rear set up to get the back down as low as the front will be. the de-arched leafsprings and lowering blocks is not getting it down.

Even hotrods needs to be low

[​IMG]

If I win, I will do a full photoshoot on the install to share with others the install process.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  6. jbc jobe

jbc jobe

7 more days and we will pick....

7. PICK ME! im still waiting lol

8. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

it's funny the thing that has been holding me up for a long time now other than a space and time to do it is the rear suspension. I had a funky air over leaf setup I tried and it was gonna suck so I ripped the rear suspension out and there it has sat for a few years while I have concentrated my time and money on my kids. now things are looking in the proper direction and if all the planets align I will have a space to call home and work on this thing and get it done right. the suspension i have considered is yours or gambinos. and to tell you the truth the 2 link has always interested me so this would be the clincher hahaha

Itd be fun to win but there are a lot of worthy cars here so It will be cool to see any of these guys win. you guys are awesome for doing this

so for now the rear is tacked to the frame and straped in place for roller purposes. i need to aquire suspension and notch it then its on!!!

the ultimate plan is to keep it black. an early to mid 50's looking mild mild custom. it has a 235 out of a 56 chevy and a three speed. some proper hop up parts an a split exhuast. emerald green interior mild shave and a peak on the hood. olds caps and posibly an olds grill with a moustache like on coles chevy. and some 50 dodge taillights ala los cochinos chevy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  9. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Sweet! I don't know how this thread got by me. I had been recently reserching rear linked kits and came across your website and a couple of your You Tube videos. I don't know how many times I've watch the one of your 54 Hardtop.

Please put me down, I'd love to get the rear of my car on the ground. I'm getting ready to swap out for a T5 and an open drive line so this would be the perfect time to do a bagged rear.

[​IMG]

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy Howdy does Little need that right now.
    I'm in.
    [​IMG]

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there, and I could use any help offered. Plus it might be the kick in the butt I need to get back out in the garage after this last year..Good luck everyone..Thanks...John

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  12. broey

broey

hell yeah! the JB 2 link is awesome!! super helpful guys too!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. my50chevy

my50chevy

14. daddio211

daddio211

I feel silly posting my bone stock Shoebox after all these bitchin' customs have been posted, but mine means the world to me.

This was my dad's car, who passed away just a year ago. I knew EVERY detail of the anticipated build and how he intended to finish it, and that's just how I'll finish it as well.

The Flathead is all finished, as is the OD trans. Uncle Max built a pair of Stromberg 97's for me, pinstriper40 cut me a killer deal on a pair of Foxcraft skirts, Chris found a pair of matching Stewart Warner water temp gauges for me, his cousin hooked me up with a pair of Fat Man uprights, and the list goes on.

As much as possible I've relied on my HAMB brothers to find the key ingredients to build this car the way my dad wanted it. A few items like Aerostar coils and new shocks have come from my locally owned parts house... the last one in town. Oh, Skip Haney rebuilt my water pumps.

The day after Christmas a bunch of friends are getting together and we're going to drop the Flathead and trans in. We were planning on firing it that day, but my headers won't be back from ceramic coating until the first week of January.

So what I'm saying here is I would be HONORED to be selected while building my dad's dream. What I have is nothing spectacular, other than a 100% original 54,000 mile survivor, but its everything to me, and will be on the road in the next few weeks. Although my list of parts collected is extensive, the ONLY thing I have for the back is a pair of new shocks and some steel 3" blocks I picked up at a yard sale a few years ago for $1.00.

Oh, I have a great camera, LOTS of tools, and would be thrilled to do a complete build thread! ;)

Thanks for your consideration on my dad's mild custom taildragger, and Merry Christmas!

[​IMG]

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  15. riskybiz

riskybiz

I would like to throw my hat in the ring too. Here is my 50 Fleetline for your two link kit contest.

Attached Files:

16. Would LOVE to have your excellent kit under my ride. I'm currently working on installing a '57 Olds dash/column in the pick up and my plans are to paint it HOK kandy tangerine over mini flake with some as of yet undetermined graphics riding on chrome reverse wheels and possibly a mild chop etc..

Attached Files:

• 58.jpg
      58.jpg
      File size:
      448.2 KB
      Views:
  17. displaced_kiwi

displaced_kiwi
    from Olathe KS

Awesome gesture, thanks to Jimenez for doing this. Throw my name in the hat. I am building a 49 Chevy Coupe Deluxe. It had been stored since 74 and I am slowing waking it up. Its getting a 261, triple webers, most likely a 55 3 spd/od on the tree, 55 open rear end, and down low... I already had Jimenez page book marked for my project and would add on the 2 piece driveshaft which just seems like a no brainer.

cheers and Merry Christmas

ricki

Attached Files:

18. chato0824

chato0824

uploadfromtaptalk1356220739175.jpg
    I would live to have my 54 bagged and the 2 link kit would be f$%&ing awesome!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

19. fifty3

fifty3
    from california

my car would love your set-up
    [​IMG]

20. broey

broey

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone else that entered! Also bump this to the top for anyone who may have missed this awesome opportunity. Merry Christmas! Happy holidays!

21. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Awesome kits from what I hear, so here's my '51 ;D

[​IMG]

Wouldn't it look great finished? :D

22. Please include me.
    Later,
    Dick

Attached Files:

23. StayGold54

StayGold54

Would be the best Christmas gift ever! Would love to have one in the back of my Chevy. I'd tell everybody who made my 2-link for sure!!! Merry Christmas fellas!!

[​IMG]

24. grynder

grynder

My 54 is getting a T 5 and a 57 rearend. This is perfect timing

Attached Files:

25. 53HardDrop

53HardDrop

Ill try to squeeze in before the deadline. Thanks for the consideration. Merry Xmas

Attached Files:

26. Most recent pic when I was bringing my 53 home
    [​IMG]

27. MERRY XMAS! Did i win!???:D

28. daddio211

daddio211

Looking forward to the big reveal and winner... FINGERS CROSSED! Good luck everyone.

29. Rickdiculous

Rickdiculous

my girls shoebox would really look nice with that kit! MERRY CHRISTMAS

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      261.7 KB
      Views:
  30. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord