Register now to get rid of these ads!

Inspired by this young man (Boy)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grizz1963, Dec 20, 2012.

1. grizz1963

grizz1963

My wife and I are looking at buying an early 60's Chevy pickup truck.

So I have been reading and registered on some forums, including HAMB as it is all new to us.

While reading today I found this thread.....

Go take a look and be inspired by people's spirit and revitalize your faith in the youth of today...... My son does not know the difference between a screw and a nail, but he can program a computer, probably hack into NASA or some other clever stuff, and all I want is for him to know the difference between petrol and diesel..... he is 17, so its never going to happen, is it?

ANYWAY.....Take a look in here......

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=543603

Logan shows that America has a future.

2. That is inspiring

3. grizz1963

grizz1963

That was why I needed to post it.

Makes my heart happy.

4. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

That is sooo cool....especially what the guys are doing for this kid. Just awesome!!

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Not every child is going to be into cars. Support him in what everhe decides to do. Cool things people are doing for others. If only it could be done the rest of the year.

6. elsuperchile

elsuperchile
    from Dixon, Ca

Thanks for posting this, in light of all that has happened the last week, it is goo dto see that good people do exist and are willing to help each other out.

7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Great to see ,I like the shot's of him standing on a foot stool to work on his truck, Tim Jones

8. Have Logan give me a call, I'm hiring.

Attached Files:

9. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

this is really kool! you just dont see this anymore! keep going logan!

10. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Yup, that just plastered a much needed smile on my face!...Thanks for posting.

11. grizz1963

grizz1963

Exactly what it did for me, along with a tear of joy in my eye.

12. Such a great story, awesome to see good people supporting and encourageing him. Thanks for posting

13. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Wow great post! Its awesome to see all the guys helping Logan out. Makes me smile for sure! Good to see the good people out there.......

14. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Guide your son with life's truths, and then let him have at live!
    KK

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Outstanding.Goes to show that there are good people everywhere.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hang in there. It took till my son was 30 to finally come out to the shop and work with me, and now he wants to finish the 27 T roadster that I started a long time ago. He's finally got the bug. See this post

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10032

17. grizz1963

grizz1963

Well thats inspiring and reassuring.

It would be awesome to expand Tom's mind a bit.

He is a great boy and at age 17 we really have nothing to complain about. Its just me that gets frustrated having to mow the lawn, bring in wood for the fireplace and see his mum clear his place at the table and STILL make his bed every day. He is 17 and at that age I was heading to the army.

18. grf-x

grf-x

Well some kids are late bloomers when it comes to cars or old things. I have always had a thing for the design aspect of cars, new and old. But it wasn't until I go into my late thirties when I go interested in hot rods as a whole (Including working on them). It really kicked off when I purchased a hot rod accessories and apparel company from a good friend of mine. Now I am hooked. I am still learning and I am kicking myself in the arse for not listening or taking interest in cars when my dad or uncles were fixing their daily drivers. If i had, I would have had a better foundation for now.

The stories mentioned (both) are very inspiration. Thanks for sharing... now all i want to do is ditch work and work on my Shoebox.

19. My kid had an interest watching/helping me work on my old cars and hotrods...when he turned 15 he wanted to buy something to have ready to cruise when he turned 16 and got his license. I found an old 50 ford club coupe I was gonna buy in his grandma's town after the old doctor/owner died but I couldn't come up with the $300 price...he begged me to let him buy it and his grades were up so, ok.
    This is a photo of him with the car, bringing it home....
    He and I built a 400 SBC, put a shift kit in a 400 turbo, narrowed the rear frame to acccept a narrow dana rear and 10 inch wheels, narrowed a front steer subframe and installed it. He stopped work on it to finish school, attend college, start a family and now he's 39...still has the shubox and said he wants to get back on it after Christmas!

Attached Files: