Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 Tudor Window Crank Location?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Law Dog, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Law Dog

Law Dog

Hi folks. I am replacing electric window switches with electric window cranks in both doors of a steel Ford 1934 Tudor. The inside of the doors were hacked up pretty good, including any reminance of where the original window cranks were located. I would like to instal the electric cranks as close to the position of the original crank as possible. I would appreciate a measurement of where exactly the crank is located from someone who has a 34 Tudor steel door. I reviewed numerous helpful photos from posts on the H.A.M.B, but I'd rather not eye-ball this one based on pictures. Don't know if it matters, but the door handle is located in the front, not center of the door. Thanks in advance.

2. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

From the feature line straight down is 1 and 1/4" to the center of the handle. The flange with the two mounting screws is just about touching the feature line. From the front edge of the door, measured at the feature line, straight back is 1 and 7/8".

3. Law Dog

Law Dog

Thanks for the fast reply, but I guess I should have explained better. I need the measurement for where the window crank is. I think those measurements may be for the inside door handle location?... Or I could be misreading the measurements, which is entirely possible. My guesstimate is approx 8" down from window opening (without garnish) and 12" from lock edge of door. I'll try to post a picture later if this doesnt clarify. Thanks again.

4. fordcpe

fordcpe

Here are measurement from my 34 5 window.Bottom ledge of window opening to center of handle 8-5/8".Center of handle to front edge of door level to floor is 9-3/4".My doors are shorter than tudor or I would have measured from the back edge. Go to this link to see pictures of my door inside.Darrell http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79787&page=3

5. fordcpe

fordcpe

The 8-5/8" is with the garnish installed. Same as outside door opening they are level with each on my car.

6. Law Dog

Law Dog

Thanks for the measurements Darrell, and great car!

7. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

Yup, I read it wrong. Those measurements that I gave are for the door handle.