Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its very sad to think that this car was taken for only a few parts etc and the rest thrown away as trash.As also mentioned it could be in a self storage unit or in a container being shipped or what ever. I still think it was caught on a CCVT in the area it was taken from ie; shopping centre,business,road monitoring and so on.Someone somewhere saw something and they just dont know it.Still hope for a good result for David and family,all the best. JW

2. WATCH THE AUTO AUCTIONS!!! up here the thieves have been winching them into a trailer or a rental truck , they strip them and stash the parts in a storage unit then dump the frame or body to be found, when insurance pays off and the hulk goes to auction they buy it with salvage title and re assemble and sell it "legal" , lost an off thread car to that scam .

3. sorry for the loss , hope its found intact, im all for that vigilanty posse my self :)

4. Dave,,have the police or the investigators found any clues? HRP

5. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

Watching in Texas bump

6. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I kinda think Dave has been instructed by the cops to not say a whole lot. It might spoil an ongoing investigation. Don't want to give the bad guys any hints that the net might be closing in on them. Don't know that for a fact, just guessing.

Don

8. Heres hoping for that Don. JW

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Seems like more and more, thieves are targeting special interest cars such as hot rods and muscle cars. I believe myself that many are going overseas.
    Needs to be some sort of quick look by authorities at the inside of those big shipping containeras before they go back on a ship to leave USA.

10. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

bump getting ready to start on my 32 that I have been gathering parts for. I am using your build as a guideline. Hope you find it

11. TBARA Wildchild

TBARA Wildchild

Hope this turns up soon!!!

12. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

13. Bump... Christmas time makes people do stupid things for money... it also a time when people are drinking more and might talk.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

15. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

WOW! Wonder how many others this has happened too with the current economy?? Jim

16. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Looks like he's also getting in trouble for how he titled the car... Interesting.

17. TexasDart

TexasDart

wow....that's some crazy twist and turns..hopefully he didn't really steal his own car. But the rest of the fraudulent stuff sounds a little fishy.

18. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Hm.....my question is.......where the heck is the car?

Seems to me without knowing the whole story that yes.....they did get him on the title washing deal.....BUT I have a hard time believing he would steal his own ride.....

19. Well now that fning sux if its true and we were all hoodwinked into feeling sorry for him ! Thanx Ryan for keeping us in news!

20. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Sucks to be him, he must have been pretty desperate to pull that stunt.

21. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

Remember, innocent until proven guilty. Most of the police's description of fraud is in the building of a hot rod out of parts and not starting with a complete 1932 Ford. I'm sure most of our "voice stress analysis" tests would be a little shaky if we were accused of fraud.

22. What goes around, comes around!

It's a shame! Had us all feeling sorry for the guy and his daughter! Man, his DAUGHTER! He lied to her, too! He ought to be tarred and feathered!

EDIT: Don't forget one of his friends mentioned something about him "fake stealing" the car for the insurance money! Kinda fishy if you ask me......

23. What's his kid gonna say when dad's in jail...

24. If the insurance was agreed value, what difference does it make what he calls it?

25. JLeather

JLeather

Wow, didn't expect that. The theft part sounds a little suspect now, but possibly not out of the question. I mean, was he or wasn't he out of town when it went missing? How many places could the guy stash even his own hotrod without someone seeing it?

Guess it's a good lesson for titling your car the right way, though, huh? Or atleast being honest with your insurance company.

26. Agreed but when things like there was only ONE place in the whole garage that would allow you to gain accessed from the outside and no foot prints in the sandy ground where that access was gained and nothing else of value stolen you have to start to wonder what is going on.

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well if that don't burn your biscuits.

28. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I feel bad for his children. a hell of a Christmas this will be.

Godspeed
    MrC.

29. Ruggie

Ruggie

What an ass if this is all true I hope he gets what is coming to him. I feel sorry for his kid and all the people that tryed to help him and got lied to,he doesn't deserve such a nice car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.