Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Chevy 210

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54rat210, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 54rat210

54rat210

I've been dragging ass posting these pics. prolly for 2 years now (around the same time i started having babies. i have 2 since i've gotten the car)
    Im not a pro-fabricator or an experienced body man so heres my pics anyway.
    hope you like my first attempt at restoring a car. The car is not finished yet but heres the progress.

Attached Files:

2. 54rat210

54rat210

2 kids i meant

Heres more pictures. i got the car for free from newark nj

Attached Files:

3. 54rat210

54rat210

yeah she was pretty rusty

Attached Files:

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks like you have been having a lot of fun - keep going

5. KenCrete

KenCrete
    from Milwaukee

I'm workin on a 54 chev myself, and actually bought it from a guy down by you in St. Charles. With 2 small kids also, i know how hard it is to find time to work on a project. Keep at her though, looks like a cool project!!!

6. 54rat210

54rat210

as i started to strip the car down looking for bondo i found some. apparently the car was in a accident in the rear drivers side qtr panel. everything a foot off the ground has to be replaced. there was a shit ton of shity bodywork. the parking lights were made out of bondo there was so much rust. the fucking parking lights!!??

since the photos ive ripped out the trunk floor and all the floorboards in the car.
    Ive just about completed the trunk and the lip below it. Made it from 18g metal. Ive made repair panels for the back floorboards from 18g steel.
    Ive just gotten the driver side and passenger side floor and toe boards.
    New inner rockers have been installed. (Waiting on the front part of the rear fenders befor installing the outer rockers)
    Ive purchased 2 new fenders. (obviously not brand new)

7. 54rat210

54rat210

i work on the car while the kids are sleeping, napping, watching tv and at night. luckily my garage is attached to the house. Unfortunatly i live in Illinois where its cold as fuck in the winter and i dont have a heated garage. :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah St Charles is right down the street. i ride the Harley thru there in the summer time . They usually have a car show or some type of to-do going on.

8. KenCrete

KenCrete
    from Milwaukee

I do same thing! keeps me sane! yea, weather up here in WI sucks too! My wife takes over our 1 car garage in winter while my car sits in storage.

9. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Good start 54rat.

Way back when I had a single car garage (it also doubled as the laundry room) I would unhook the exhaust hose from the electric dryer and wash/dry cloths while in the garage, the exhaust from a good electric dryer will keep it nice and toasty in there only draw back is it does put moister in the air, so exposed metal will flash rust. but it kept me warm for many winters that way and the wife enjoyed me doing the laundry.
    also you can add insulation (styroform sheets or batting sold at lowes etc.) onto the garage door it helps alot.

Godspeed
    MrC.

10. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

like the 54. another one being saved. nice work

11. 54rat210

54rat210

I bet u smelled downy fresh too! LMAO I think my wife would think im nuts rigging the dryer up to the garage. lol its actually only like 3 feet away. its a big garage to have to heat up. honestly i dont like having to wear a coat working on my car or the cold. ill have to suck it up and wait till spring! :rolleyes:

12. 54rat210

54rat210

more of the trunk area

Attached Files:

13. Harris

Harris

Looking good man, I think we can all sympathize with the amount of stuff that gets in the way of a build!

14. 54rat210

54rat210

Attached Files: