Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heading west with an empty trailer.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racer29, Nov 19, 2012.

1. I'm heading to California to pick up my new '47 Hudson. Going out on Thursday Dec. 20 empty so if anyone needs anything hauled between here (Colorado Springs) and there (pretty much San Francisco) or along the way give me a holler. I'd be glad to help out if not too far off my route. All I would ask is some support for the fossil fuel tank. I'll be traveling either a combo of I-70/80 or taking the long southern route on I-25/40 then up through Bakersfield if I-70/80 are getting snowed on.

2. 51hornetdude

51hornetdude
    from denver

What? Need more info please.

3. raidmagic

raidmagic

What more do you need? He's headed west and if anyone needs anything hauled he'll help them out for the cost of gas.

4. 51hornetdude

51hornetdude
    from denver

i meant info on the car..........not the trip

5. Found a '47 Commodore Eight that's getting added to the fleet. It's in great shape. Has a later big block ford and C6 tranny. It's gonna be the family road car. Was a deal I couldn't pass up. I'm keeping the '51 though.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  6. 24 Days and counting.

7. Just wondering if there's any HAMBERs along the way in case I need some assistance or a place to stop and wrench. I'll be heading out tomorrow. Taking I-70 west out of Denver to I-15 north to Salt Lake City, then west on I-80. Thanks.

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

You sure you're going to take I-70...??? Man I'd hate to fight that highway pulling a trailer, especially with a foot of new snow...!!!

R-

9. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Why worry about the little things (snow) Acording to the Mayan Calendar there wont be an I70, or any other interstate highway after 12-21.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Awww, you're correct...I'm getting old and suffer from CRS...one good thing about getting old and forgetting is that everything is new again...!!! Now, guess I'll go Google "Mayans, December 21, 2012" and read all about it now that it's fresh and new...again...!!!

R-

11. Made it there and back safe and sound. Weather was great until just west of Reno. There was plenty of snow on Donner pass but that's just normal around there.

Here's how my trip went. Left Thursday the 20th @ 5:30 pm from Colorado Springs,
    I 70 west, slept at a rest area just inside Utah just after midnight. Up at 6 am drove straight to Rohnert Park, CA. Got there @ 10:45 Friday night. Did the deal on the Hudson, got it loaded and back on the road @ midnight. Spent nearly 8 hours crossing Donner pass. 3 hours west and 4 1/2 hours east. It was snowing alot. Had to chain up Suburban and one axle on my trailer. Really had no problems crossing. Long story short, after driving and sleepin and driving and sleeping and driving. I made it back home on Sunday the 23rd @ 4:30 pm. When I got home from work today Jason(DaSchaefer) and Thor had it unloaded and cleaned up. They are up for Christmas. Good people I tell ya!

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Nice find! I'd like to know more about the Hudson.
    So please when you start a new thread just on the car, and I hope you do that, provide a link to it on this thread!!!!!!

13. colorado hotrod

colorado hotrod
    from Colorado

I am glad to hear your trip went well. Hope to see the Hudson in Golden next summer

14. dad-bud

dad-bud

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound - it sounded a little hairy with all that snow across the Rockies.
    Like dirty old man said, how about some pics of that there shiny new Hudson?
    Cheers.

15. It will definitely be on the Golden streets, of Colorado that is. Really looking forward to May to head that way with it. It's gonna get a '54 Hornet rear with 3.08's in the mean time. Currently has 4.10's and the FE 390 can definitely pull the 3.08's. Here's a link to a youtube slideshow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUAax0PLjIPAZ1L0rURom_Pw&feature=player_detailpage&v=BoL2qvV75UI

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  16. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Link is down....

17. Brucekoukalaka

Brucekoukalaka
    BANNED

:confused::confused::confused:

18. raengines

raengines
    from pa.