Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need some input, opinions, suggestions...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shortshiftstudios, Dec 18, 2012.

1. doing a rendering for a customer, he wants a "different" approach for a '54 chevy sedan... I see alot of customs, but not a lot of hot rods... I'm working on trying to talk him out of a 350/350 combo and to go with a high compression 283 and a 4 speed... please excuse the low quality,Im not finished yet and im using my shitty phone. I think I'll add louvers to the hood, but any other ideas, input, suggestions before I dig too deep into this one?

Attached Files:

2. Looks a little Boyd Foosington to me.

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

X2, lol.

4. lol he wants red, and bigger than 15" wheels... I'm trying to steer him towards chrome steel wheels and satin black...

5. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Interesting idea. I'm not digging the front end though. Looks like it's missing something.

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Needs a front bumper, off white roof, off white steelies, dog dish caps, black wall tires, corvette grill

7. Risky

Risky

Glad to see someone rodding one of these instead of a custom. My idea for power plant was 348/409 or maybe a 472/500 caddy backed by a 4 speed. I would like to see the ride highth come up some.

8. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

Make a gasser out of it!

9. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Please , not satin black.

10. lol i suggested that to him... didn't go for it. he wanted it low... so i was trying for a low gasser/funny car look...

11. x2!

12. There's a thread dedicated to these Chevies. Go look at it. You need some different ideas.

13. 1953 Chev pro/stock in Mazmanian red!

14. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

The concept itself isn't terrible and kind of neat from an artistic standpoint, just that it's kind of a pseudo gasser drag car, not something with a solid grip on the past that's favored here.

15. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

How about something low like a road racer, Pikes Peak kinda look. . .

16. i like that...

17. lol working for a customer can be EXTREMELY frustrating... this same guy had me do some design work for a 1960 Mercury that, in his words, was a high-performance lowrider, with diamond pleat tuck and roll, a full cage, and tv screens... I figured I'd get blasted here, especially asking for opinions, but even negative feedback is useful. He wants old, but new, fast but reliable/comfortable, etc... but it pays the bills/bar tab...