Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 chevy survivor "barnfind" Gasser project" update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassertruck, Nov 21, 2009.

1. biscaynes

biscaynes

good to see and hear :)

2. gasser-a-go-go

gasser-a-go-go

yea im back LoL some things change

3. gasser-a-go-go

gasser-a-go-go

and some stay the same .... hahaha thats ok i love what you and kev have been doing with your car love it i hope you get it done i really do cant wait to see pics and video of it.

4. gasser-a-go-go

gasser-a-go-go

im here to have fun and ignore haters altogether life's to short as car guys
    we should be about hanging out and having fun no matter what year our car falls into
    we all differ in opinions with is good I know i don't want to see a car built the same over and over even if that's the way i like that particular car built that would be lame as hell my mind set of what i like differs allot compared to some of my friends and other people that hang out
    like and it shows in our cars when we go to car shows, cruising , and the drags but we all have fun watch this video to see what im talking about

my 70 camaro is the only ''old school car'' in this little Cruise but we had fun we had several cops flip around and follow us for miles because they thought we were headed out to go street racing this is just a small example i have alot of friends that have traditinal rods, gassers , sleds , customs but our common ground is cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY9F6ozyff0&list=UUXVBfR8099qlSSaPBPVpopQ&index=24

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  5. davidh73750

davidh73750

I got a 4 door to convert but not sure I will want to radius brand new quarters. LOL I like both. they look more squatty or ready to pounce radiused and not 4x4 tall.

6. gasser-a-go-go

gasser-a-go-go

i love them all !!!!!! here is a pic of my shop car with radius

[​IMG]

7. Yeah !!! Radius !!!

8. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

damn that looks baddass!

9. you mean the car with the radiused wheelwells? yes it does.

10. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

no, i 'm talking about this one...IMHO,it doesnt need radiused wheelwells,,,,it sits high in the rear, it wouldnt look right, if the rear was lowerd back down, then i could see radiusing them,,

[​IMG]

11. Tweed Deluxe

Tweed Deluxe
    from England

Yep, definitely needs lowering, and wheel wells radiused. Looks more street freak than gasser as it is.

12. Thank you Tweed. But now he'll just get mad at both of us and say that there is no reason to ruin a perfectly good 1/4 panel now. And my reply will be then why would make a Gasser at all out of that car, it looks like it was too clean. And then the arguement will be then why do we alter anything. "TO MAKE IT BITCHIN ".
    Radius it.

13. I'll say it again. Any Gasser that doesn't have radiused 1/4 panels looks more street freak then Gasser.

14. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

All I know is this guys 55 came out bad ass!!!!!!!!!!

15. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

I say cut it! Radius them quarters and drop the rear.

16. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

In a different direction.........I don't know if it's the quality of the video/AUDIO, but it sound like there's an issue with either ignition or fuel delivery.......

I thought I kept hearing a "popping" when it was at idle. Then after a throttle burp, a flame out of the collector......or is my advancing age continuing to affect my hearing.............

Might be worth a check on things and potentially save a couple of bucks so to not burn a piston or???????????

17. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

i like (prefer) the radiused wheelwells---but on the drag cars in motion thread there are lots of tri-fives with stock wheelwells---i think that Pannenton 56 had stock ones when it won the winternationals

18. 1958 IMPALA

1958 IMPALA
    from CA

19. edweird

edweird

agreed!

20. yeah it's nice, for a street freak.

21. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

What a waste.
    In a few years, after the current "gasser" fad has passed, someone will wish this one has not been cut up.

Andy likes this.
  22. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

hmmmm... I have to agree it would look better with radiused rears, the car in my avatar pic wasn't quite as high as yours, but my dad decided to radius the rear wheel wells up to the trim. Gave it a better look and back then it would not hook with the "capped" slicks so he bought the new style wrinkle wall M&H Racemasters in 11.00 x 15 mounted on 8" wide steelies and they wouldn't fit into the wheel housings so the quarters had to go. Not bashing ya, just sayin'....

You do know that even as a street freak it would be a cool ride....just sayin'

23. dblgun

dblgun

If the tires fit the way you want and the cars looks are what you were after leave it the way it is. Both my 55's are radiused because I like the way it looks and it was required for my wheel/tire combination to fit. If you did decide to radius them I think it would look pretty tough.

24. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

It's a 150 post car,come on.how many 32ford 3 windows have been hotrodded? It's not some super rare model.he saved it and gave it another life.what do you think he should've done .restore it to its former boring life? it's bad ass.its not like he prostreeted it or god forbid built another pro touring car.

25. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Yea what he said. Some one gets a 32 ford coupe and the first thing they want to do is take a saw to it and chop it. Were gonna chop it. were gonna cut the roofy off it.

26. dblgun

dblgun

Not that it makes a difference but that car is a Belair not a 150.

27. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good work. Its your car . You built it and finished it . Run it like you want. When you get tired of the Gasser look you can go back to stock ride height or lower . Enjoy it.

28. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

I think what is important here is the guy got the car finished and driving! most of the JACKASS'S on here don't have Shit done and never will!! REMEMBER... it's better to be though of a FOOL, than open your mouth, and remove All doubt!! Chris

29. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

exactly,oh btw sorry about the mistake on the 150 ,belair whatever its his ride guy can do what he wants.