Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Anyone have an extra spindle? Son puked one on his 64.

2. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

mi girl got some new christmas shoes.....[​IMG]

droppedstepside likes this.
  3. Nermal Sirius

Nermal Sirius
    from California

my 65 econoline daily driver. pulled her out of the Nevada desert where it had been sitting for about 10 years. gonna swap out the 3 soeed for a c4 auto in the spring. got it into to a coat of primer to make it a roller, I have a few cancer spots i found when i was taking the 5 coats of paint off, so there is a bit of body work to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. PetesPonies

PetesPonies
    from Maryland

h2omonkey. . very cool retro wheels!!

5. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

'62 pickup.....
    Had some extra Autometer gagues and added a few under the dash. Since none of the original Ford stuff worked I decided to sacrifice the dash cover for now. Damn hole saw had a couple teeth missing which I didnt notice until it walked.

Anyway, I think they "match" the Ford speedo pretty well. It doesn't work so it will get replaced with an Autometer..... eventually.

DSC01233s.jpg

6. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

I was wondering, my tailgate has what looks like a metal tube running through it. I'm missing the "receiver" hinge piece that's mounted on the body. I've never seen a set so I was wondering if there is a suitable re-pop. Are they like anyother truck of that era?

Is the body mounted piece a male or female? Looks like mine could go either way.

If not, anybody recommend a place to get a set?

7. Hogride

Hogride

Finely got to take my eco to the race car shop . Im Excited getting rear end Narrowed 9in putting 15x12 2in back space weld drag stars and 13x29 et streets. 4 WHEEL disk brakes 430 gears and spool 33 spline axles . spring fliping front going to make like my jada model avatar. will post pics when fig out how. ALSO DOES ENY ONE KNOW WHERE TO GET CHROME BUMPERS ?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  8. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

1st gen Bronco chrome bumper look great on the Econo's. Jeffs Bronco Graveyard in Michigan sells them.

9. larrytech1

larrytech1
    from Tampabay

10. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Hey Econoline guys...

I was just looking on c-list for Falcon wagon stuff, and I saw this.
    Most of the ones I see are not much to look at...

But this one might be a good starter - I see rust buckets for $2k., this one is $2K,
    looks decent and has the dated 80's paint and old lowrider wheels/pinner whites already.

Someone get it - (No, I am not affiliated with the seller but figured I'd put it in front of the right people - looks good as is...!).

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3554522484.html /// 1962 Ford Falcon van - $2000 (columbia city)

1962 Ford Falcon station bus. Inline 6 And 3 on the tree Runs like a champ. Needs a hole in the floorboard on the passenger side fixed other than that pretty solid rig. if interested call Rob at 5032587494 Low rider, rat rod, hot rod, kustom, custom, econoline

Attached Files:

• ECO.jpg
      ECO.jpg
      File size:
      48.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  11. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Would somebody mind posting a close-up picture of a tailgate hinge?

A couple angles would help. I may have to fab something, can't find any.
    Thanks in advance

12. Poesrodandcustom

Poesrodandcustom
    from Kentucky

Here's mine, used to be a daily driver. I chopped the top, and put it on a new chassis. Been working on everyone else's cars since. It's actually a 67 Econo HD factory 240ci. Hopefully I'll be caught up in a month or so, so I can start back on this or my Morris gasser.

Attached Files:

13. strodr

strodr
    from Wisconsin

J R nice
    There is a guy that repops these Econoline hinges....Let me know if your interested.

Attached Files:

14. strodr

strodr
    from Wisconsin

WOW!! Love the chop job...Must have been a bitch drilling out all of them spot welds to remove the body and install on a new chassis. What chassis did you use?

15. Poesrodandcustom

Poesrodandcustom
    from Kentucky

No problem what so ever. I took a plasma cutter cut the entire floor out of the truck and set it down over an Isuzu amigo chassis. Now it's going on a new chassis of my own.going back to straight axle and 9" rear just lower than stock.

16. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Thanks! I am. Some p.o. installed a solid rod down the center, so I need to make sure that I can get it out. Those look good! Lemme know!
    J. R.

17. acmechris

acmechris

not mine but my paint job.[​IMG]

18. econovanman

econovanman
    from yakima wa

I have a 61 pickup with 90xxx for sale little rust needs engine and trans. make offer! Need it gone

19. Dog427435

Dog427435

20. mothradeath

mothradeath

please tell me your not one of the hundreds of people who thinks thats real;)

21. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Here's a few.

Attached Files:

22. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Wow! Thanks a lot! Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I didn't get notified. The pics answered some questions.
    If I can't find them new or used, I may be fabbing something.

Anyone know if the earlier Ford hinges will substitute?

I never got a response from STROD, inspite of sending a pm.

23. dixiedog

dixiedog

Silly, If it's on the internet it's real!!
    Pretty awesome job photoshopping or whatever that is.

24. 27 tallt

27 tallt

:DI dig the vans in this post and the ideas. I have a '61 Econoline full windowed van that has a opening side window problem. Where can one buy the rubber that fits on the opening side window frame? This is not the vent window. This is the rubber that fits into the slot of the frame itself (ie, if you remove the entire window frame the rubber is attrached to it). Here's hoping that I've explained it properly. I have been unable to find anyone that makes them and so what does one use? The rubber acts as a wiper seal which makes a tight seal against the body.

25. econovanman

econovanman
    from yakima wa

as far as I know the pop out the window weatherstripping is obsolete. you have to use a universal ype weather stripping. try JC Whitney for your local glass shop.

26. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Tim @ Econo USA in KY has them. PM me for his number.

27. Poochie, my lil' roach van. Otherwise known as the Vinvanco Van.
    user16522_pic967_1215486701.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  28. Hogride

Hogride

Ok Guys took the pan off front and atached to roll pan there are 2 springs one to the gas pedal arm the outher go's to brake ped some where maybe ? eny ideas

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yes, the other goes to the brake arm

30. elba

elba

The large spring that is about 8 inches long is your brake return spring. The foward attach point is straight fwd of your master cylinder on the frame crossmember. The master cyl end goes on a small bracket that is about 2 inches long with two holes in it. One hole is for the bolt at the fwd end of your master cly and the other hole is for the spring.