Register now to get rid of these ads!

11x2 inch front drum brake? F1? now with pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coupster, Dec 15, 2012.

1. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I need at least 1 new drum. I am getting my butt kicked finding a replacement. My hubs mount inside the drum, not swedged. The drum centerhole is 2 7/8 of an inch, it is 3 5/8 of an inch tall. Both hubs measure 7 inches across the mounting flange and are 5x5 1/2 inch lug mounts for the wheels. And to add to the problems they are for 11x2 inch shoes. I am pretty sure the backing plates are from an F-100?. Backing plates are P/N 48953L and R, made by Bendix. I am using "square" back steering knuckles 48' Ford? Any help with an application or P/N would be much appreciated, I really don't want disc brakes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  2. You might look at old Jeep applications. They used the same 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern and i believe 11 inch drums were the size they used. No idea if the Jeep drums look like yours or not, just an idea and bump to the top where you may get better help?

3. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

SoI think these drums may be from a F1 instead of an F100, will make a couple calls today to confirm my suspicions. Amazing how a year or two can make a difference in apllications. I wish I was smart enough to write down what everything on my car came from.

4. They look like Ford F-1. HRP

5. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I called every supplier in the country today and all are out of stock on F1 front drums. Anybody out there in HAMB land got one laying around that wouldn't mind taking a couple measurements for me? The good guys at at So-Cal-Az told me about Littledearborn in Minn and they should be back in stock in a couple weeks, I don't mind the wait if I can just verify that they are the correct drum.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  6. Black Primer

Black Primer

I picked up a pair of 86' f150 rear drums to replace the f1 front drums. Although my hubs aren't on my spindles yet, it seems they will work.
    The guys on the f1 site are doing this instead of paying $100 ea. for repop drums.
    Mine were $31 at rock auto.

7. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Thanks for the lead I will check into that tommorrow!

8. i have f-1 and f-2 drums. call me tommorow and i will get you info, mark 678-713-6220

9. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

So I ordered up an 86' Ford F150 drum from work per Black primer's suggestion, Thanks Black primer, and bolted it on. Seems to fit perfectly. I would also like to thank Gasmanm01 for providing me with the correct demensions for an F1 drum. The HAMB is great resourse for hotrodding! The only difference on the drums is the new one is designed for a shoe that is 3 inches wide, I don't see a problem so I will use them. As a plus the drums are USA made!

10. PeteVS FP NJ

PeteVS FP NJ

I went looking for the '86 F150 drums on Rock Auto and there were several listed. The ones that they have from Centric have small drawings in the listings and this one appears to be the right one...

Attached Files: