Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone use CONDON SKELLY insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hi-Flying, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

My insurance agent wants me to switch from Grungy to Condon Skelly,same coverage for about the same price.Anyone have any dealing with them?

2. I used them for a restored car for about 15 years.The price was OK but I never had a claim so I can't say much about them as far as handling a problem. I believe they had a maximum yearly mileage requirement and restrictions on how the car was used.Better read the fine print.

3. dromstedt

dromstedt
    from Kansas

I've got two cars insured with them, about 4 years now. I haven't ever had a claim, either, so I can't say what that would be like. I have tried Grundy and Hagerty both and can't ever seem to get them to supply me with a quote, so I don't know how the price matches up. I do know they have a mileage limit and require the car to be kept in a secured building for the coverage to be valid.

4. sun down

sun down
    from tx

I have Hagerty but no claims, the only problem I have is they want it be garaged/pole barn at permanent residence. I was wanting to move mine to my country location temporary .. have no garage, only car port, have barn but no door large enough to get in, so she said that it would not be covered, but yet if you are going on cruise or event and have to stay at hotel/motel then it is covered or stolen anywhere else.. seems like they have more of a chance to get stolen there then at one garaged home........I suppose I can still move it and take a chance, the chance of it getting stolen here are probably less then my garaged city place... they have no restriction on mileage or where you drive it as long as it is not a daily driver, not for business or transport of goods...but at your permanent residence they do want that sucker to garaged..??

5. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Never heard of them. I have State Farm, I have had claims, and the experience was great.. One was out of state. My agent was great! claim was paid fast.

6. sun down

sun down
    from tx

hard in Tx to get any regular type Insurance company to provide coverage and if you do, you will pay an arm and leg, now one can get just liability and on my 52
    probably cost about $40 plus a month...

7. I had Condon and Skelly a few years ago and had a complete loss in a pole building fire. I lost 2 cars in the fire. They were covered under agreed value. They were great, they sent an adjuster and he took pictures told me he would get back to me in a couple of days of filing papers with them. He claimed them a total loss and the ins. sent a check.
    I have Grundy now and that is because at the same time they were going through some down sizing and canned the agent that I was using. After listening to him I switched. If that would not have happened I would have stayed there. The quotes were about the same.

8. sun down

sun down
    from tx

would you describe a pole barn please, I always thought they were barns with a roof and maybe with back sides but not total enclosed like a garage would be so one could lock them..

9. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

yes, I use them. But thankfully, no claims.

10. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I've been a customer of Condon&Skelly for 28 years now. Never had a claim, luckily, but their attention to detail has been great as far as getting vehicles insured properly, quickly, and advising on current replacement cost updates. I have no complaints, only praise.

I recently tried to insure a classic Vette with another insurance company who's name begins with H and ends with agerty, just to "spread the wealth" a little. After 3 days of them giving me and my family members (who will never drive the Vette!) the equivalent of a driving record enema, I gave up and went with Condon again. They got it done in 3 minutes.

11. I have two vehicles insured with them, one for about 20 years. No claims and no problems. No mileage restrictions. Reasonable rates.

12. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Been with them for almost 30 years and very happy. Currently have 4 cars insured.
    But there has always been a 2500 mile restriction so read the application or call them and ask questions 1st.

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Aren't they the ones that used a green Deuce highboy roaster as their logo? I had to panic and find insurance when Collector Car insurance declined to insure my 32 Sport coupe high boy. No bumpers,hood or fenders. I took the one with the highboy because I needed insurance NOW. I got insurance but a few years later a friend turned me onto Grundy and I saved over 150 a year.(just on hotrods) I'm a natural skeptic so I don't trust salesmen and insurance agents. I have to think he wants you to change to help out his pocketbook and not necessarily yours. I do think that Condon has a mileage restriction and Grundy does not which would not affect me unless I wanted to make that dream trip to Bonneville.

14. I've always had State Farm....no claims so far, but great service from my agents of many years.

I'd love to go to Bonneville too.

Murph

15. Well, when I added my F-1 to my policy last year I made a point to ask the rep (on the phone) if there was any mileage restrictions. He said no......as long as it wasn't your daily driver...and if you are driving long distance to an event you are covered. I hope that is still true.

16. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

I have had Hagerty and State Farm and now have Condon Skelly. For me, State Farm had the highest premium of the three. State Farm covered liability for about the same price as what I can get full coverage with the others.

Have never had a claim with any of them but have not had any problem with them accepting my premium payments.

I am with Condon Skelly mainly because of having a local agent. I make a phone call, he comes out takes a picture or two and it is insured. I think the rates are competitive.

I don't see the mileage limits to be a problem unless it is a daily driver, which is why they have the mileage limit.

EDIT: I got the same answer about mileage limit as RMR&C

Neal

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  17. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Great people:D On they way back to Cincy from the Shades hit a piece of steel fence post that the car in front of me had hit went under my 40 and stuck in my gas tank:mad:.Decided to stop and check my car out and fill up pulled up to the pumps,got out and went to the back of my car and gas was gushing from my Tank .I swear I dont know what kept it from exploding ole boy up stairs was a watching out for me that day for sure.They paid for the haul home all the parts and me a fair wage to fix my own car even paid for gas :D.Best Damn Insurance I have ever delt with

Attached Files:

18. Carlos that is great to hear. I hope I never need to use it though.

19. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I had Condon and Skelly through MetLife, and my policy only covered to and from club events, shows or parades and could onl;y drive so many miles. I changed the Haggerty, I pay the same but I know I am covered when I drive to work, and other non car realted places.

20. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

Thanks for all the information. Ron

21. sun down

sun down
    from tx

always curious as to how they go about enforcing the mileage requirement..
    do they come out a take a pix of the odometer at the start and ending of each yr..

22. Fenders

Fenders

In Mass. you need yearly inspection, and the inspector punches in the mileage... insurance co seems to have access to that...
    OTOH my odometer is "broken" (actually I don't have one and I don't think there is any legal requirement for an odometer)...
    but usually the inspector will ask you the mileage... keep a notebook from year to year...

23. sun down

sun down
    from tx

no inspection on mine

24. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

It's just an annual entry on your renewal form. You enter present odometer reading and sign it.

25. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Condon Skelly used to have a milage, you entered odometer readings on the renewal form but they stopped that about ten years ago so it is no more..You can drive anytime, any where you want but not to an from work.. Parking at shopping parking lots as found at Walmarts ect [as in shopping errands.] is frowned upon. ..I don't know if any insurance except regular that will allow DD, most companys won't touch a over ten year old vehicle, I went through that in the early 90's with a OT 71' car, fixed that by buying new truck!..All my cars are through CK direct, last with e mail pics..

26. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Have had Condon and Skelly for about 14 years. No claims. I looked into Grundy last year as I see him on My Classic Car all the time. Wanted to compare rates. Could not get nowhere with them. Was accually transferred on the phone to some company next door. Was told, Grundy could not insure classics,etc unless they insured your daily driver and other vehicles. I guess if you read between the lines, Grundy is always saying they can cover everything you drive. What they don't say is, you HAVE TO INSURE all your vehicles with them to get the classic car coverage.

27. With Grundy and e-mailed pictures with an on line application. I had insurance in less than 15 mins. 41 willys 66 cobra kit car that most would not take and a 71 ranchero. pretty diverse. And there quote for a 2000 roush with agreed value was less then nation wide.Which was asked after I had insurance. As stated earlier condon/skelly were good to me too.

28. I've had aaa for 16 years. My cars are daily drivers. Had many claimes with no problems. I pay about 160 for the year for the 36 Full coverage when added to the wife and daughters policy. Plus my 17 year old can drive it to school to, she likes that

29. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

Talked to a rep from Condon Skelly today,there are no milage limitations. I'll go with them mainly because my agent is nearby and easy to contact. Ron

30. Sizaire1

Sizaire1

Normally I would not jump into coversations like this, but with all the compliments I had to. I am the director at Condon Skelly. Check out my profile and you will see cars and motorcycles are in our blood. If you want to hear one of my latest completed projects, click here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFWOpSS2A6E Turn up the volume!