Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is your weakness - What Parts do you have a fettish for???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftyv8, Dec 17, 2012.

1. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

It seems some folks end up with a whole lot of the same items, of which they will never use them all in a life time, but just seem to need to own them.

Probably because they were hard to come by at one time, like me with headlights, so I started buying up headlights and have ended up with a good supply for model A's.

Similarly, it seems I have a fettish for model A doors and it seems I own more then my fair share.

You see those guys out there with manifolds etc. :confused:
    What is your parts weakness???

2. I seem to always have the urge to buy motors or at least parts to them, specifically valve covers and intakes.

3. Deuce parts seem to be what it takes to satisfy my obsessive compulsive tendencies,,I also must have a thing for socks with holes,,I got a lot of them.:rolleyes: HRP

4. I'm a sicko for 32 door latches.

5. RawDeal

RawDeal
    from Austria

anything that just looks good and cuts down my budget for functional stuff I really need :D

6. cakes

cakes

anything cheap

7. Wheels. I am not fortunate enough to own anything super rare or costly but i have my fair share.

[​IMG]

I have 3 more sets not pictured. I guess its time to reposition the wheel wall to consolidate them all to one wall

8. not so much parts but supply items......i have about 10 cases of oil , a couple dozen oil filters for a sbc , maybe a dozen each air and fuel filters , a couple cases each of carb and brake cleaner , two cases of edelbrock zinc additive #1074 , and about 300 spark plugs. all for my personal use , i see the stuff go on sale and i have to stock up

9. ibuild

ibuild

i really don't like horders, i mainly buy what i need and i do have a set of 34 headlight buckets that a friend talked me into and another set of headlights that are cool but i do not buy parts to hang on the wall

10. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Wheels, old American Mags and original steelies.

11. Factory Pontiac Tri-Power setups

12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Aftermarket turn signal selectors.

[​IMG]

Old fuel blocks

[​IMG]

Glass sediment bowls

I have a few aftermarket early horod fuel filters. I seem to have a fuel fetish.:D

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My addictions change over time. It's Halibrand wheels one era, '62 Falcon left front fenders the next. Lately '23-'25 "T" sheet metal has become the thing.

14. Tell us how you really feel,so instead of collecting we are hoarders? :confused:

Personally my collection of parts and pieces I don't think of as hoarding,,acquisitions is more of what I do,,it's all going to be used on my projects or sold to someone else to further their project,,or hoard if they seem fit! :D HRP

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

It would have to be carbs for me must have at least 100 to 150 sadly nothing realy kool

16. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Emblems ,Carburetors ,hubcaps ,hood ornaments ,grilles,valve covers ,Pretty much anything I can get off a car while on lunch at work.I guess I may fall in the "hoarder" category .

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Old school SBC Mallory dual point distributors. I have 6 but only 1 SBC. I like old ignition hop up stuff too, a MK10 amplifier box, and 2 of those Mallory black box coils, 1 NOS.

Hoarders? Blow me...

18. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

YBlock parts. Speed parts & 1.5 rockers really get my attention. I dont hoard, but if its a good deal its hard to pass up. Currently obsessing for a 4V 'B' intake manifold. Dont mind paying the price of one but the shipping is more than the manifold most of the time.

19. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Gaskets.

Guy will by a $50 gasket set, take out the one (or two) he needs, and then sell the leftovers for a Fiver.

...if you ever need valve cover gaskets for a s/b Chrysler, I'm yer man.....:rolleyes:

20. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I like steering wheels, Headlights and old heaters...

21. I like big butts. :D

Crap in general seems to collect around me. Intakes, carbs, I was engione poor at the beginning of last summer, now I am down to two and soon to be down to one. I discovered that it was cheaper to let the engines go than to look for projects for all of them..

22. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Vintage engines and valve covers. Just to have them...

23. Wheels, I have lots of wheels.

24. Big Ford engines, 385 series. Can't pass one up.

Lately I've started hoarding the small block fords.

25. silversink

silversink

94s ans 97s, zenith carbs---have 18 94s, 10 97s ,15 zeniths----can't pass them up besides its an investment

26. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I wouldn't define it as a fetish (isn't that a sexual reference?) License plates, any emblems from old cars and knives.

27. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

28. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

Studebaker, Packard and 337 Lincoln performance parts. My collection is small.

29. BISHOP

BISHOP

Paint,

I keep mixing paint trying to find the perfect shade of green. I have alot of green paint.

30. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

roadsters....