Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Nobody is bitching but just stating the facts that it take time,I had some unique parts that took me about 10 years to find a buyer for so should I have scrapped them in a month.

2. Sell or Scrap. I think you have to look at each situation differently. Maybe you need money, maybe you have room, maybe your going to save them all, maybe your going to fix it up some day, maybe...

But that is not what this thread is about is it? Title says "Projects Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread"

Just my 1¢ worth :eek:

3. Every persons situation is unique. There was a time when I hated to see cars crushed. I worked a the scrap yard and spent half my pay bringing home the good stuff. And until Arkansas passed a mandatory insurance law . everyone kept old beaters to use for hunting vehicles let the kids learn to drive in ect. and kept them going with used parts. There was a time you could ouickly sell any Pk truck part,s. Since gas got $5 a gal and the economy tanked serious walk in buyers are rare. There is no shortage of walk in lookie lou,s and time wasters:mad:. Im now 61 and out of a job. Scrap prices are high so its gonna be sold before the scrap market prices fall. I thought of having a auction. however the only likely buyers would be intenerate scrap men and they usually want to buy at 50% or less of what it will weigh. Ive got a 1600 sq ft building full of parts 4 school buses full and two bread vans full. Ive been hauling for scrap what I deem to be the least valuable first. When I get down to the complete cars ill advertize them on EBay with a reserve starting bid of 10% above scrap one time. if they dont sell off to the car shredder they will quickly go. Im not gonna die leaving a hoarder mess for someone else. I check the wanted sections of the HAMB classifieds and other sites regularly trying to find something to sell. And I have flown in a small airplane over my place. you cant really hide anything even under a tarp. Also if you sell parts and its not a internet sale you gotta pay Arkansas sales tax. Sell it for scrap and no sales tax. I like to look at the pictures on this thread. I going to keep the 55 chevy wagon & the 1958 beauty sitting in it.:) Everything else is for sale. OldWolf

Attached Files:

4. brewster55

brewster55

well come get em! i dont!

i got them, because they were going to scrap that week,i intercepted them. i figured with my access to the internet, i could get them to some of these people that are so interested in "saving" old cars. everyone who has craigslist, this forum, other forums, or ebay knows i have them, cant really do much more than that to inform people.

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Have you tried renting a blimp or one of those planes that makes the words in smoke across the sky ?:D

6. 327Eric

327Eric

you can only do so much. Rareity means nothing if there is no one to buy the parts. Between all the members on the HAMB, and their friends and connections, word has been put out well enough. Don't forget to pull the clips and hardware that can't be found anywhere. Last car I parted, no one wanted the body or drivetrain parts, but I was hounded for the clips, emblems, door handles, talilights, which were so hard to find, I bought a whole parts car just to get them.

7. RayMiller

RayMiller

Right on dude, now back to the pics before you all get pm's from SouthUrn telling you you suck and your ruining the thread.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Yep a whole page ,no pics.wtf's going on around here?

9. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing looks neat. What is it ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  10. RayMiller

RayMiller

Eddie what's this? ImageUploadedByTJJ1355693960.037443.jpg and the vw is cool I haven't seen a converted one in a long time.

11. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Ray since winter is here I haven't been able to take new pics of old cars and since the thread was going south I searched photobucket and found these.I wish I took them but I'm sorry I have no idea.

12. Rent A. Trip

Rent A. Trip

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. My brother had one, it was a late 50s.
    [​IMG]

14. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

It's a Jeep FC (Forward Cab) design. My grandparents have one. Used it on the farm in the 50's all the way into the late 90's.

Attached Files:

15. brewster55

brewster55

i love those. i want one with a diesel for a yard truck and running around, but the only 2 i have ever seen in person were at junkyards. one got crushed, the other yard wont sell it.

16. I can remember a time seeing these FC Jeeps on the road. I could see the practicality of these trucks and the excellent visibility from the cab.

17. ratrodcentral

ratrodcentral

Brewster55,
    I know how you feel. This 64 Impala body has been for sale since Feb. I was asking $500 and don't get an offer. Between the zoning and no money in New York nothing is selling. After the first of the year I will pull some parts and off to the crusher it goes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  18. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

No paraphrasing necessary. What was stated is that your repeated schtick of publicly asking where this is or where that is has grown old; that those perpetual inquiring one liners are shorter than your TJJ App signature; that you never actually contribute to this otherwise fun thread.

Far too much banter. Not enough pics today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

20. RayMiller

RayMiller

Just to make light of it buddy and trying to better contribute, sorry for your inconvenience. ImageUploadedByTJJ1355704417.213773.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1355704437.206883.jpg

21. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

That Buick makes me want to cry!!!! Jim:(:(:(

22. Mo rust

Mo rust

A few weeks ago I was in Northern Arkansas and came across this 36 three window sitting in the weeds beside a rural country road. It had no frame but the doors, deck lid and rear fenders were still there. I didn't have time to knock on any doors to try to figure out who owned it or if it could be bought.

Attached Files:

• 36ar.jpg
      36ar.jpg
      File size:
      645.3 KB
      Views:
  23. scotts52

scotts52

Someone needs to inquire if it can be saved or if the current owner has condemned this car to die a slow death.

24. brewster55

brewster55

ive seen your cars on craigslist. youre not that far from me.

the gentleman i got the fords from has a 64 also, a real ss supposedly, small block 4spd. he has sold it already, but the person never came back for it. even people who pay stuff dont pick it up! haha. crazy people.

as they say in the dog rescue world, that 53 and 55 behind it would have a forever home at my house! those are cars i would make room for. 53/54 vert are so hard to find.

i didnt really "save" this one, but it was sitting in original families garage for 20 years i was told before i got it and put it back on the road.

[​IMG]

25. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I see a one piece windshield on that 50 Chev, I wonder what else has been done to it?

26. They better hurry up a bit. It,s almost down to the door handles . I guess the roof and door tops might be OK.

27. Mo rust

Mo rust

I sent directions to Jim (cfnutcase) for the 36. He's closer to it and is going to check it out when he can to see if it can be bought.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  28. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I think my wife and I are going to go check on it tomorrow. That is the plan as of right now, so I will update everyone then, and hopefully have more pics and info on just how someone could let this happen to a 3 window 36. Jim

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  29. 1954 Ford - what's left of it. A native American guy gave it to me in '72, It was rotten then (bad frame) and has sat and rotted even more over the last 40 years. I've harvested many parts & pieces from it, with not too much salvageable items remaining. BTW, yes the hinge boxes are now gone. I'm pulling the dash and a few other items from it probably next summer then it'll be history.
    [​IMG]