Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nwe from Pasadena,TX

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ratrodjunkie, Sep 3, 2005.

1. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

Hello, My name is Jason. I have been interested in all types of cars since I was about 12 years old. I currently own a 61 Brookwood 9 passanger wagon with air ride, a 51 Chevy bread truck with air ride , a 63 vw convertible beetle with air ride and a 66 chevy pick-up with a big block in it. I am wanting to get a early 50's chevy or Ford Kustom. Any way, I have been reading yall's sight for about a month and decided I better join. I love traditional hot rods and kustoms. I have pis of my cars but I don't know how to resize them. Maybe I can figuer it out sooner or later. I live in Pasadena Texas right next to Houston.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

Sorry, that was "New Form Pasadena"

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. k9racer

k9racer

Glad you have been doing it from 12 years old but we have no idea how long that that has been. so are you now 14 .. 44 and so on. oh yes................... WELCOME....

4. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

Oh yeah, I am 31. Helped my father tear down his 1928 model A 2 door sedan when I was 12. Funny thing is it still aint finished yet.

5. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Welcome aboard from another FNG in Texas!

6. welcome !

Attached Files:

7. Rodderboy54

Rodderboy54

Hey, Jason Whats up from another FNG. I need your help on my car. lol

8. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Welcome! Hope to see you at the Round Up in Austin in the Spring...Also hope some of you guys from that area can make it to the South Austin Speed Shop Grand Opening on October 15th!
    Anyway, welcome abord,
    -Junkie

9. baytowngreaser

baytowngreaser

Welcome, from Baytown, TEXAS!!!

10. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

Hey Jason:I grew up in Pasadena --but as I joke now, I never lived there in that town. I am 45 years old now and moved away in the mid-1980's ...but so much has changed since I left!! Still have a brother and two sisters that live in Pearland and Friendswood.

I lived in Mt. Vernon S/D, went to Queens and then graduated from PHS in 1978. Attended San Jac and later worked for the Pigford Brothers (Roy & Joe). Street raced on Beltway 8 and hung out on Saturday nite at the gas station at the corner of Center St. and Spencer Hwy in Deer Park during the early 80s. Even did a stint on the ISCA show car circuit around the country and eventually wound up in eastern Tennessee. I now own a resto & rod shop here now. You mentioned a Model A Tudor. My Dad probably had the largest collection of Model A's in Pasadena for years until he moved to 10-uh-C. Was your Dad restoring or rodding his Sedan?

What side of Pasadena did you grow up on?? Kinda neat to see all the members here from Pasadena.

11. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

I actually just bought a house in Pasadena last year. I grew up with my parents real close to Pasadena. Off of 610 and Broadway. All of my high school friends and my high school jobs were in Pasadena.

Back in 1981 or 82 my dad bought the model A in running origional condition for like 3500.00 I helped him tear it down to build a street rod. Now to this day the frame is completed with 283 vw front and rear 4 bar and a superbell dropped axle. Also has a 66 chevelle rear end. The progress stopped on it when I was old enough to drive. He always helped me with custom cars and had no time for his. I really feel bad that it still aint done and I plan on helping him get it on the road.

12. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

Here is a pic of my Brookwood 9 pass wagon

Attached Files:

13. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Welcome! Any one from Pasa "get down" dena is gonna like it here.

14. longtalltexan

longtalltexan

hey jason i am in santa fe was in pasadena today are they still hanging out sat. nights at the kroger on spencer

Attached Files:

15. mexibilly

mexibilly

16. BELLM

BELLM

Welcome to the HAMB. Back in the 50s/60s went to movies while visiting relatives @ that cool old movie theater. In th 70 went to XXX movies @ the Red Bluff Drive in theater while living in Houston.

17. jimdavisdigger

jimdavisdigger
    BANNED
    from Lahoma

badass ride

18. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

No one hangin out at Krogers anymore. Now it is at Berry Hill Restaurant at Fairmont ans Beltway 8. Also Home Depot near Kemah.

19. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

Thanks. That old drive inn still has a screen standing but it has been closed down for a long time.

20. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

Are you talking about the El Capitan Theatre?

[​IMG]

I was in high school during the 70s and never realized that the old Red Bluff Theatre was XXX. :eek: Gosh either I was sheltered --or totally missed out!! :D

21. Rodderboy54

Rodderboy54

Hey brent I grew up in Pasadena too. Just moved to Deer Park 5 yrs ago. Graduated from PHS in 93. We used to race there too. And off Red Bluff.