Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is $10,500 too much for this '32 Tudor project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ATX, Dec 16, 2012.

1. ATX

ATX
    from Austin, TX

I originally budgeted around $7,500 to buy this '32 Tudor project. It is a flawless body with no rust, all moldings and it includes a clean '32 frame. The seller will not budge beyond $10,500 for the project. I would like to get some fellow hambers opinions on the price.... Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Looks worth it to me.....saves you almost that much in bodywork money compared to a worse condition body////

3. GREASER815

GREASER815

It is my opinion, but if I were going to spend $10,500 on a project, it had better be a driver I can work on as I enjoy it. Seems far from reality to me, But I dont get into 32's much either.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

BUY IT or someone else will. Merry Christmas. Bob

5. 29tudor

29tudor

Buy it

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Whole lot of desirability difference between a 49 chevy and a 32 ford, hence the price difference!!

Yes that's a good deal... scoop it up!!!

7. titus

titus

Seems like a decent deal, as said above, the money and time youll save in body work helps out alot

8. What would a complete frame and similarly complete body cost you if it was some other year/make? Not a whole lot less, and sometimes more.

Add that it's a "flawless" body and I don't know how you could go wrong buying this. Two major hurdles out of the way and everything else will fall in place.

I recently bought a running chassis with essentially no body on it for about that price. I didn't want to spend that much, but when was the next chance I'd have to find all the rare as heck parts in one place? Turns out the assembly -- as is -- is worth at least 150% what I paid.

Buy it. If you've been looking for a '32, you'll be hard pressed to get another like this for the same money.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  9. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

It's a gennie 32 Ford. You won't get hurt on one. If you can afford it, buy it.

10. flatheadkid1

flatheadkid1
    from OHIO

32's appreciate. If you don't buy one now you will pay more for one later. I'd go 10,500 for it w/o hesitation.

11. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Soon, someone will post that "you never pay too much for a 32"...

If you're Jonesin' for a 32 Tudor, you'd be hard pressed to find a better start. Tudor bodies seem to go for $3000-$7000 depending on condition. $7500 would get you just the body. This one looks to have nice lower sheetmetal, subrails, doors, firewall, etc. and would be at the upper end of the price range.
    Add garnish set-$1500, frame-$1500 and you can see how he wants ten+ grand for it.
    Its not a "steal" but a helluva straight start-especially if your plans are for a dark color such as black, dark blue, etc.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  12. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Hmmmm...wonder how much a Brookville body is?
    They are reproduction bodies...don't let the "steel" fool you.
    Here you have very nice ORIGINAL henry issue, garnish mouldings...and a frame to use (which isn't cheap either in reproduction!) so I'd say go for it.

You can only repro a shape...you can't repro the "original" into a NEW piece of metal.

Piecing together a Deuce is NOT gonna be a low budget undertaking...unless you're looking at decades of parts sourcing!

13. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

See what else comes with it such as hinges, latches, regulators, cowl vent etc. All that little stuff adds up.

14. brady1929

brady1929

i would in a heart beat, if i had the money. good straight metal is worth it.

15. If you don't buy it I will
    Trailer is already hooked up to the cummins, and got CASH in my pocket

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I need a trip to Austin TX ... so tell me where it is and I will buy it :D
    I do not have a 32 FORD sedan ... YET

[​IMG]

17. Hey Randy, Fergit it
    I'm only 5 hrs away.

18. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

How many others like that are available for less? Supply x demand + your desire for that style car = purchase price. Do the math.

19. I this day and age the price is a bargain!

I would do it in a heartbeat. HRP

20. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Just curious-does it have a title?

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

It's a good deal! Get on it!

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Playing with 32 Fords is like playing with hemi's............it's is going to cost you to join that somewhat exclusive club. If everything is as clean as you say $10.5K is not really all that bad. As the guys mentioned, you will be saving yourself a whole lot of expensive and hard bodywork by starting with such a clean one as opposed to the usual rust buckets. "You can pay me now or you can pay me later" kind of philosophy, I guess. Does it come with a title ?

Enjoy your new deuce.......it looks like good one. :D

Don

23. belair

belair

You got your answer, but I would add always spend the money up front to get the best car you can to start with. That one looks like a money and a time saver after all is said and done

24. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

OMG Buy the damn thing!!

25. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I consider myself as a buyer when I find good deals like this. I would take it in a heart beat. Just tell me where to send the money.

26. If you want original Henry.....in that sort of condition......and you can afford it......absolutely the right move. It's no recession bargain, but then , 32 stuff is never cheap.......your move....:D

27. Go for it.......You will play hell in finding another one as nice for anywhere near that price. You know what they say...Buy the best body you can find if not you will spend it in time and $$$ doing body work.

28. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I agree with the crowd. I don't think that's too much especially if there's no metal work to be done.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

It's worth every penny ... until you want to sell it and get your money back. This is when it always seems the market falls out.

30. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

a title would seal the deal