Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lifting up Newtown CT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Dec 14, 2012.

1. I searched but couldn't find anything

Please pray for the folks in Newtown CT.

It's heartbreaking.............

2. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

We are all in solidarity with them.

3. This one really got to me worse than any of the tragedies I can recall in the past. Think it is the time of the year and the tender age of so many of the victims. I hope and pray for those who lost loved ones today.

4. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I cannot even begin to imagine what the people of that town are going through....All I can do is pray for them....Ya know not to sound to out there or anything but things like this really make you think that our world is not going to be around much longer....the mayans might not be that far off...The lord may be comming for us all soon, I just hope I can take my car with me cause I have along way to go on it! Jim

5. EBW

EBW

This hit all of us hard as a nation, especially if you are a parent or grandparent. My heart is heavy for all those affected, from the families to the first responders. I gave my kids a bigger hug today when I picked them up from school.

6. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Just way too close to home for me. My sister lives in sandyhook. I'm just about frozen from grief. Setting there just watching it all unfold on the TV was just too much to bare. Tears streaming down my face.:( This is the sort of thing that will stay with me till I die. My heart goes out to all these people, the victims, and their families.

7. Too close to home. I pray for all the victims and their families.

8. I'm heartbroken for all who are touched by this tragity. I came home from work today gave my 18 yo son a hug and cried in his arms. I will never understand this senslessness.

9. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

My thoughts are with these families that lost children at Christmas time. They will never have a happy Christmas again.

10. raidmagic

raidmagic

It's horrible, it's had my stomach in knots all day. God Bless those children and the families that have to go on without them.

11. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Im from Connecticut, i am angry, sad, and hope the killer burns hells hottest fire.
    No words i can say....its devistating.
    God bless the kids the teachers and the first responders who had to witness this tragedy and sort it all out.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  12. careyohio

careyohio

I'm 72 years old ,and I think I'm kinda tough......but I had tears running down my cheeks today.
    So many lives ruined.
    Carey

13. slim tempo

slim tempo

I have always told my 15 year old son, "If you hear something like firecrackers, look for a safe place to hide because those are gunshots". He is a sophomore and I always think about him in school. It sure was different when I was in high school.

14. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

It's because the Mods keep deleting them! :rolleyes:

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

All you can do is pray, so many innocent lives lost. Bob

16. Sad,but they consider it off topic,It's a horrible crime and my heart goes out to all the family's that have lost loved ones,,especially the children,,I have Veda,my 4 year old granddaughter here with us tonight and can't imagine another grandparent knowing the next time they see their grandchild will be at a funeral home.

I try not to question why God lets something like this happen,and all I can do is pray for those that have been effected. HRP

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  17. Model T1

Model T1

Nearly two years older and I know the feeling. When we were kids school was a safe place............... WHY?

18. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Hearing conflicting reports coming out still (it's 8:33 pm Connecticut time.) This is going to take several days to sort out. It angers me when they give the total number of victims- the perpetrator wasn't a victim. Having lost a son, I have some idea of what these parents are going through. This young and in such a senseless, violent manner, is unimaginable.

19. ken bogren

ken bogren

Ours hearts ache for the parents and families of those who lost there lives in Newtown today.

As we watched the news today my wife commented that some of the little children who died already had Christmas presents under the tree at home.

Man what a tear jerker.

20. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

This insanity must end. It seems like there's another mass killing every week.

21. Deffinately praying for those families :(. My heart goes out to them. I pray that the Lord will comfort them in this time of deep sorrow.

22. It's always tarrible when you here something like this but when It's this close to home it like a punch in the gut.

There are times when people need to express their grief and OFF TOPIC becomes irrelevant!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  23. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I simply cannot comprehend how someone can murder little kids...5 to 10 year olds, easily the most innocent of the innocent.
    It's bad enough...horrible enough..to see some sick bastard target an employer or coworkers whose perceived actions have resulted in such extreme frustration to lead to lead to this kind of retribution.
    But what can a group of preteens aged 5 through 10 possibly do, either directly or indirectly as a demographic, to incur the wrath of a person seeking revenge? What can the motive for targeting very young children possibly be??

As cynical and realistic as I consider myself to be about human nature and its most darkest side, I just cannot comprehend why someone would do this.

Nor can I comprehend how the survivors....kids, parents, coworkers, and teachers...must be feeling. Their grief is way beyond my ability to grasp. This will have a life long effect on the people in that school and community...especially the kids.

24. So very sad.....

25. I know. I just can't understand it either. When we're little, our parents tell us there are no such thing as monsters, but that's not true. There are monsters.

26. 117harv

117harv

My wife works at a middle school, and this fear is always in the back of my mind. I picked her up from work today and on the drive home we talked about the days tragic events and what she would do if this happened at her school. She talked with many co workers and the custodian and all were in agreement, they would have tried to stop him/them no matter the outcome. If I were to arrive or see something like this I would do my best to stop it. I have had been sick to my stomach all day, I wonder when things went so wrong in this world?

27. 1967gtafb

1967gtafb

I will pray for all of them

28. Why is all I can say,
    All I can do is pray.

Worst I can remember

29. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

Horrible! Horrible. My family and I have been crying about it all day. I live only 15 minutes away by highway. I didn't hear the story and couldn't understand why 3 State Trooper cars passed me on the Interstate at about 100 MPH going in that direction at 10:15 AM. I have a friend with an office in that town. He said the people in town are like " zombies". They can't fathom what just hit them. This lunatic shot his mother, who taught that kindergarten class, in the face and then took her car to shoot up the school. It seems like the crazies are out here and the sane people are locked up.
    Shit...thought that would make me feel better but it didn't!!

I PRAY FOR THE DECEASED AND THE SCARRED SURVIVORS
    Bruce/CT
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

30. mlagusis

mlagusis

prayers for all the little ones that saw it all. No one that age should be exposed to this.