Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hub Caps For Ransom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Yep, been there done that, but mine was a Jag cap, the one that the center unscrews, try doing that quietly at 2 am! Shit myself at the noise i was making and only got the one.

Scotty

2. Da Injun

Da Injun

And I am part Potawatomi.

3. x2

Geezus! Some of you are missing the whole point of the story. It's not about stealing hubcaps, it's about being young and finding yourself in a dicey situation. Man, I been there and let me tell you, in that situation, at that age, when the vato hands you the screwdriver and tells you what you are going to do, you would have done exactly the same thing whether you wanted to or not. Believe me, man, I grew up with those guys, you would have. That's what makes it a funny story.

You all know the boss is a stand up guy, so save the self-righteous hypocrisy bullshit and let the man tell a story for fuck sake. Ryan never claimed to be proud of what he did but it's a damned good story and I'm glad he shared it...but I'll bet he's not. He says he made it right in the end and that's good enough for me.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. I wonder how many stolen cars the HAMB has helped in recovering?[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many stolen cars on the HAMB were stolen by their owners?????

5. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Woke up thismorning and read this, made my day, lighten up fellas, if ya know Ryan he's not meth head thief ( at least I don't think so) that some you fellas make out.
    It was a great read with a nice twist.
    Now I see why he hangs with an attorney .

Thommo

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. flathead okie

flathead okie

Cool story. I know I'm no angel. Most people I know have stolen something in their lives....pen, candy cigs, their daddys change,.......... something.
    I'm not ashamed to admit I've done some stupid things in my life, matter of fact look at "What were the trad rodders doing in the 70's" post.

7. flathead okie

flathead okie

By the way Ryan,...........good to know you are human

8. Your going to have to tell us now.. What happened? :D

9. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Ha,that was a good read.

10. chris' 38

chris' 38

Seems like the guys that grew up and had a little adventure in their lives enjoyed the story and the ones that didn't get out much have a problem with it. I enjoy young and crazy stories cause that's how it was.

11. good story. lessons learned early stay with you, they are better learned when you are young. do it now and it is a whole different story.
    at an early age in a like situation, i learned; you have had enough to drink when you are standing at a urinal and you keep hitting your head against the wall.

12. zep058

zep058

Some of you guys a wound up a little too tight

13. That's the second refence to that movie this week! Love it!

14. catdad49

catdad49

Ryan, thanks for the story. I'll be your huckleberry, Cat

15. Good Googly Moogly,,It doesn't make any difference who post a thread lately or what the subject matter the drama queens show up and wiz in the Corn Flakes.:confused: HRP

16. ravedodger

ravedodger

Great story. I like my cornflakes with milk and sugar, no piss or popcorn here.

17. bonesy

bonesy

Truer words have yet to be spoken.

18. incogneto

incogneto
    from Australia

Great story Ryan.

A little OT, But I am in a bind here guys.

See I had a set of baldy hubcaps for my ride.

Anyway, I sold some stuff to a guy, and in the process of getting out of the shop, a baldy hudcap if mine got squashed real bad. Looks like a boat now.

So I'm asking all you guys out in HAMBland to check you stash, and see if you have one you could sell me ..... Please.

Sorry to throw this here, but I am desperate.

19. metal man

metal man

It was a nice story that I could relate to. Young impressionable kid, hanging out with an older, intimidating crowd,hoping to gain their respect. It's a gearhead coming of age story. Maybe the theft part should have been left out, but then there wouldn't be much of a story.

I was in an eerily similar situation as a teen, and I did stand up for myself and say no, but Ryan made it right with the owner, and that's good enough for me.

20. RYAN you kick ass.............good story.....thumbs up

21. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I find that the older I get the less stupid stuff I can remember......or admit to. Thanks for the good read.

22. flathead okie

flathead okie

Go ahead, probably funny

23. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Come on Paul Harvey, we need to know the rest of the story! Good day.

24. truckjim

truckjim

Jeez you know how to break loose memories that have been lost.....forever! Thanks Ryan.

25. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Glad I wasnt the only hoodlum! Great writing as always Ryan.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  26. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

.great story..freaking crazy cholos.

27. seatex

seatex

Hmmmmmmnnn....... and I thought it was only a papyrus pirate's prose..........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

28. I passed by about 3 pages of replies. Did ANY of you see where I was passing the blame to the hipocrites that post on these threas and NOT to Ryan??????????? Like I said, Ryan, made his amends as posted in his Journal entry. Jeebus!?!?!

Call it like I see it, I still consider Ryan a pal. Nice Tombstone quote BTW ;)

29. Good story. Things used to be real crazy. I knew a guy that used to steal muncies. He also told me a wild story about how he F'd up his windshield and went and stole a windshield out of a car to replace his from a car at a bar. I can only imagine what it would be like to get in your car to leave a bar and your windshield was gone :)

30. fucking awesome.

and I find it funny thinking there are people on this board that haven't even stolen a hubcap in their day.