Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pat Ganahl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by battersea boys, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Pat's height is definitely an asset, at any event,he can spot cars that many of us miss. He also possesses the knowledge and the strong affection for Hotrods,Customs and Race Cars of all types. He has a writing style all of his own, and is one of the few magazine editors with the talent to build cars, paint and run a lathe. He has been great inspiration to his son Bill, and a national treasure for for sure!

Attached Files:

John Starr likes this.
  2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

As far as the masses are concerned(?), yeah. As far as hot rod guys go(?), no way. Pat Ganahl's stuff is highly revered by pretty much all of us.

3. chip chipman

chip chipman

Pat was inducted into the West Coast Kustoms hall of fame along with Dean Jeffries in 2010.

John Starr likes this.
  4. Modded 105E

Modded 105E

I had the genuine pleasure of meeting Pat Ganahl in England in 2014. Excellent guy very willing to talk and signed his new book for me. I too have read his material since 75. Used to love the blue 32 Chevrolet.

5. bondolero

bondolero

Gave voice to the average everyday hot rodder and their accomplishments from a home garage.
    I can remember him doing a how to paint job on his 52 chevy tudor. Then he covered the pro rub out of his garage applied paint. My kind of guy.
    Correction: It was his BIL's 53 chevy.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  6. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Pat will always be reconized as the Keeper of the Flame, he was educating us on Kustoms and real hot rods before it was considered by the masses to be cool.

His knowledge will never be duplicated.

John Starr likes this.
  7. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I am afraid of the guy.
    He is taller than me
    His cars are now completed
    And I could never write as well as he does

mctim64 likes this.
  8. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

John Starr and mctim64 like this.
  9. Nice guy, neat cars. As Typo said he is taller than most. There's both of them together at Mooneyes 2012. :)
    DSC00596.JPG

John Starr likes this.
  10. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

OK,
    He is still a better writer
    And he has cars that are finished
    And he has the ability and friends to help him with his unfinished cars

11. KKrod

KKrod

I have been reading Pat Ganahl ever since I bought the Nov. 1974 Street Rodder magazine at 15.

12. Pat is a genuine nice guy. I can say from personal experience, he thoroughly researches the cars he writes about. Pat found out who has my old RPU in England before I did.

KKrod likes this.
  13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I never did read much in school. Hated it. Then Rod and Custom came back on the shelf. With Too Tall Gahnal at the helm in the 80`s. It was educational. Before that, I only just looked at the pictures in Magazines.

vtx1800, Modded 105E and town sedan like this.
  14. Pat shot my tub at the 2 Throttlers Picnic and he told me "You better keep this one", God Bless Pat and all his family
    [​IMG]

vtx1800 likes this.