Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Dude they both look awesome.......how about lace for the roof and the line for the sides?

2. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Thanks and I thought about that Jeff, not many lace choices out there.

Baron it was just green tape (like blue) I had laying around, defiantly to wide for the job on the endless line. Seems like most people like the endless line better, even the kids.

4. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Phil, Came across this pic and thought of you. Maybe you could do lace under the tape line. lay your tape down and then spray your yellow. Then put the lace down and spray the orange. That way the lace is orange & yellow and the tape lines are white. something like this pic. Just an idea and you can have the best of both worlds. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. alumslot

alumslot

I just got started with rockers and floor on mine. Your build gives a lot of inspiration for one that has a LONG way to go. Keep at looking very good.

Jim

6. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Lookin' Good Phil! I am definitealy a fan of both Lace and Endless line! haha So I say combine both into your paint scheme somehow? haha The car FiatGasser Posted looks cool! Love the idea of A panel with endless line and lace all in one. Or Maybe even try some 60's splatter cobwebbing? hahaha Keep us posted!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  7. Ha ha, the way these new nozzles spray on these Rustoeum cans it would be more like splatter paint. I never realized that Krylon is latex based paint, they have a much better nozzle but I don't think the latex would work to well.

8. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Holy Rolling(er) Thunder drag race fans!!!Dig that pasty white cloud action with the groovy trails man.
    That speedster is far out dude.Cant wait to smell that bodashish sneaker dust.

Hi Phil,Iam bored here at work between tasks............

9. catchy though !

10. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

There are a decent amount of lace options on eBay. I know the chain fabric stores carry all the same crap. It looks cool on your panels, good job.

11. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Man, that's one ugly car...........love to have it myself!!!

12. straightaxlej

straightaxlej

for lace try the emo, gothic kids stores.. they have some interesting stuff i found some lace that had stars in the pattern.that i'm using in panels on my chopper

13. thanks man

ha sometimes ugly is beautiful, my mom doesn't like it either..lol

interesting

14. This popped in my head for no good reason, might go with this to tie in the colors and the name on the door. Time to start figuring out how I want to lay out the roof and trunk area, I wet sanded it today and it's ready to go.

[​IMG]

15. straightaxlej

straightaxlej

put some of the graphic patterns in the sun, i dig it

16. Started laying out the layout, could have used an extra set of hands to pull the string on the plumb bob, but no excuse to not get it done by myself. Good thing I measured twice on the trunk area, the hole for 3 holes for the emblem are not in the center..lol

oh yeah, also decided to relocate the license plate up to the trunk area too

[​IMG]

it'll come to the outsides of the hole in the hood then all 3 come together maybe at the front "V" of the hood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Hey, looks great Phil, however; you will lose that great car in the snow soon ?

18. No way Neil, it'll look like a sunny day when it gets the yellow and orange mixed in on the white. It'll look different for sure, 14 inch panel of white down the middle flanked by 14 inch panels of color. I just need to bring that down the trunk area but maybe not straight lines.
    I can see it in my head but getting it out of there and onto the car is going to be a trial and error type thing.

19. I am really looking forward to seeing this come together.

20. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

I am confident you will nail the paint scheme to a "T", sorry, I meant "J" Eh ...

21. ardyboy

ardyboy

looking good Phil. Can't wait to see it done

22. This is going to be it I guess, I was going to split the roof by it's self but I don't think it will look good at the top sides of the rear window ??? I am open to a couple suggestions, but I am not redoing the whole design...lol

[​IMG]

23. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking good Phil. The only suggestion I will make is instead of having the two panels go to the very bottom of the rear pan, I'd leave about a 2"-3" space of white showing( similar to the white on the roof panels and the white space to the gutters). Keep the lines symmetrical to the center trunk panel,if you know what I am trying to say. :confused:

24. straightaxlej

straightaxlej

go buy some 3m blue fineline tape to clean up the bends and i agree with baron leave a little white along the bottom.. looking forward to the final product

25. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking at the pictures more, I'd like to see the outer lines come straight off the roof a bit lower (maybe following the gutter lines), and maybe split the difference between where they are now and the fender line( maybe 3-4 inches wider). I think this will widen the rear of the car a bit also (and more room for your patterns). OK, I'm finished. And your having way to much fun. :)

26. Tony

Tony

Me too!
    Lookin' real good Phil. I love the panel designs!

Tony

27. If you look close there's green 1/8 inch tape rounding all the corners, tough to see in the pictures for sure.

28. I did leave white at first but then the license plate wasn't even any more. Right now the license plate has an equal gap between the Henry J logo and the bottom. I tried bringing the panels down right to the bottom of the plate and didn't like the way it ended at the plate..lol

Maybe I'll try and end the panels one more time even with that bottom line of the white panel ???

29. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see. The plate goes where the cardboard was. Maybe just leave a 3/4"-1' area of white across the bottom.

30. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

On those stripes off to the side.. what would those look like if they followed the drip rail down to the edge of the body , then down the back,,,, then panel paint the upper inners on the quarters.. the same way.. are you going to use a solid color or a Multi colored pattern?

Panel painting is Fun.. Done a few in the past..