Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is running Coker Classic WWW Radials? Opinions please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GREASER815, Dec 12, 2012.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

Are you running Coker Classic WWW Radials? I am looking for input on them, opinions, ride, etc... I am between them and diamondback, just seeing what others experiences are.

I do not want another Bias vs. Radial drama started, I have Firestone Bias on my car, put tons of miles on them, I know they look better, blah, blah, blah, But I am also tired of their handling and ride, looking to try something different this year and decide for myself first hand.

2. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

get Diamondbacks

3. 3340

Have Had Both, No Problems At All With Either One, Must Run Recommened Tire Press. Diamond Backs Are Whiter. Just My 2 Cents

4. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

never had a problem with my coker whites

5. ah shit here we go again...i've had the same coker classics for over 10 years. no problems, rides great, great customer service. and,,they were used when i got them..

Attached Files:

6. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I've got about 15,000 on a set of Cokers without any issues. They ride well and handle pretty sporty on a windy road.

7. Old Heap

Old Heap

Picked up my Coker's used in new condition, no issues at all. I have friends running Diamondbacks with no issues either. I think they are both quality tires.

8. 59 brook

59 brook

love my cokers 2 hrpt longhauls plus a bunch of road trips no problems here

9. Mercchev

Mercchev

No problem with Cokers, after 20 years and several sets on multiple cars.

10. I have Coker red line radials on two cars, no issues. Keep in mind the Diamndbacks are made once you place an order, the Cokers are sitting in a warehouse waiting for you to place your order for them.

11. I'm running both. Cokers on my 51' and Diamondbacks on my 50. Both handle great and wear well. No problems with either...... BUT the Cokers are a bitch to keep clean. The white is not as smooth or as white as the Diamondbacks.

12. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

It's like coke or pepsi........my choice is diamondback.......had a couple sets and really liked them

13. arbs1976

arbs1976

A++++ I have loved mine!

14. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Who are Cokers made by? DBs web site says who makes their diff models so the next question may be which DBs.

15. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Really happy with mine.

16. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Very happy with mine as well. Nice ride, good looks.

17. Paul B

Paul B

Happy with mine, no problems

18. Got them on the wagon,,no complaints or problems. HRP

[​IMG]

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'd just as well add to the controversy...buy Diamondbacks...the whites are white, Cokers yellow...Have had 'em on two of my cars for years. absolutely no regrets (other than the price...!!!)

R-

20. richie rebel

richie rebel

diamond backs are my pick,just bought a set for the front,man they are some kinda white.........

21. A Rodder

A Rodder

Agree on the not so white comments, and they seem to have fine cracks in them that the bfg tires I have used haven't. Never tried diamondbacks.

22. Speed~On

Speed~On

I am running Coker WWW. So far so good. I have not noticed any cracking and they are wearing appropietly. Yes, I clean them when I clean the car and they have remained white. I have also heard many great reviews on the Diamond Backs, too.

23. Wowcars

Wowcars

I have them on my Stude. About 10,000 miles and 6 years. Only complaint is the white wall is bubbling a bit against the rim.

24. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

I don't see Diamondback under the Alliance vendor list ... do they do an Alliance discount?

25. NUMBER

NUMBER
    from MN

Just under 3,000 miles on Coker Silvertowns in past 2 years on cpe. No issues at all.

26. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I love my Diamondbacks... and they will give a small discount if you say you are an Alliance Member. They are already cheaper than Coker, so with an additional discount it works out to be about the same overall cost as Coker per tire.

SOS pads (with lemon scent!) work great for cleaning.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  27. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Second set of Diamond Backs. Ride and look are great!

28. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One problem with Coker is all their 16" belted and radial tires require a tube, where DB sells NO tube OR belted tires, so tire size can be an issue.

I have 9 year old DB WWs on one car and will buy again from them in the future. :)

29. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Love the Cokers. When they wear out, I'd get another set. No wandering on grooved pavement and they handle great.

30. a990hemi

a990hemi
    from Wisconsin

I've been very satisfied and pleasantly surprised at how well my old Chevy rides on Coker 6.70-15 bias-ply tires. The car does not wander on grooved highways and they seem to be pretty durable so far.

[​IMG]