Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stock car driver info needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dr.Kerry, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

A guy I know is looking for any and all info on a few drivers that used to race the Midwest. Any help would be appreciated. I'll include what he wrote,

Wanted Early 70's Racing Info

I am looking for anyone that has information about auto racing in Wisconsin during the years from 1970-1975 such as photos , statistics . I am mostly interested in any info about Bill Moyer Senior from Des Moines Iowa/ Tom Mathews and Butch Meinders from Freeport IL. I am also interested in any information or photos of any Dodge Challengers or Plymouth Cudas numbered with a 43 or 86 , other. The 43 would have been owned by Russ Petta from Freeport IL. The information I am looking for could come from Asphalt or Dirt tracks in the Iowa, Illinois or Wisconsin.

I sold a piece of racing history, an AAR Challenger Chassis from back in the day and we are trying to find info for a book that the current owner of that Chassis is writing. He is currently finishing the book and working on the completion of the Race Car.

2. Ebert

Ebert

Two words.....Dick Trickle. he was the MAN!

Good luck with your search!

3. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Yes he was!!!!! My friend that is looking is married to Russ Petta's daughter and is why he's looking for the info.

4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

PM me. Mr Petta was a friend of mine. I assisted in pulling a few wrenches on the #43 Challenger in its last years. Which daughter is your friend married to?
    Gene

5. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

There are two people I can think of that might be able to help you.

One is Dick Trickle and the other is Ted Kitzman who is also best friends with Tricke.

These two spend many years traveling together and I believe Dick lived at Ted's house for a while.

Ted still owns a few open wheel modified cars and races here in Florida with someone else doing the driving now that is in his 70's

He seems to know everyone who raced in the midwest back in those days and he has a lot of history to talk about.

Ted can be reached at his Uhaul dealership in Florida. 727-773-1385

Hope that helps Jimbo

6. ed neil

ed neil

For Mopar help I suggest you try Ernie Derr,Don White,Ramo Stott from Keokuck,Ia. That was the Mopar race central back in the day in our area. I hope it helps. Eddie

7. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Thank you gentlemen, I have sent a pm to Gene, many thanks. Jimbo I forwarded the info on to Brian I also sent the link to the site here so he can see what is happening. I got an idea that he'll be tickled pink when he realizes the info that is showing up!!!! Thanks again everyone for the help and contact info!!!!!!!

8. rusty chieftan

rusty chieftan
    from wi

Go on face book contact a guy buy the name of Jerry gillie he may be able to help you

9. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I'll try that too.

10. rusty chieftan

rusty chieftan
    from wi

He is big into that vintage stuff sure he can direct you in the right direction

11. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I'm passing ino onto brian so he can follow up on this too. Thanks again!!!