Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Hot Rod Doors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. I coulda swore he was going to start sanding on the finished product for the "patina" effect!:)

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

I've been doing the same thing for several years outfitting restaurants with their full color logos. It's fun!

4. 46stude

46stude

Huh, that was actually a pretty cool video. Weird.

5. I have to admit that Ryan has most of us pegged,,I know he is talking about people like me,,I don't necessarily live the lifestyle like some do but when it comes to my cars I am fanatical about them,,I eat,sleep and day dream most of my waking hours.

What I want to do,what I wish I could do,my next project.

If I were to spend any time with a professional headshrinker I'm certain I would be labeled as obsessive compulsive.

BTW,,I'm one of the greybeards that still thinks black with red wheels is cool!:) HRP

6. BISHOP

BISHOP

I understand the point being made, but for a custom painter..... That was torture.

7. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

An old set of doors like that need a freehand lettering job.

8. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

We tend to forget we are a small bunch in the grand scheme of things. So when some folks get on here with peers they want to be seen as on the cutting edge of cool (not Kool anymore):) but if I was in the grocery store parking lot and a pick up with those doors and red steelies pulled up, it would stop me in my tracks every time.

I am a car guy. Traditional hot rods are my favorite but I can fully appreciate any car that is someones car they own for love, not transportation.

9. Wall Art made out of doors is great. One of my favorite things. Black and red wheels... also a personal favorite, because my '54 Buick has been that since I was in high school. Call me what you will but I spend ALL my limited free time thinking about cars... I guess I'm not cool in the eyes of the ones that make the rules, but that's okay with me because I've been this way too long to care.

10. It lacks a bit of dirt and torn skin on their hands to be more real

11. sololobo

sololobo

Most excellent! I knew it was in Texas when he tipped the Dr. Pepper. Very cool and we do it because we can't help it. Thank God!! ~sololobo~

12. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

He needs a sanding block. Well done video.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. Ryan [and anyone else who is listening],
    They say you can be cool twince in your lifetime if you just stand still long enough, when it was cool the first time and then when it comes back around again.

Trends come and go then they come around again, time is a circle as is life my friend.

I liked the vid myself and the choice of background music shows that the creator of the vid has good taste not just in doors. ;)

14. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

I think the production was well done. The automobile and all things pertaining to it occupy my thoughts 99% of the time, with the other 1% being divided up between girls and sleep equally. Furthermore, did anyone else notice how well warn dude's back pocket was from the dip container? A true Texan, haha.

15. See above. :D

16. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Neat video. Very well done.

I've liked black with red wheels for most of my life...Still do.

I'm too old to be cool so trends don't mean what they used to for me.:)

17. I'm kind of seeing a young Garth Brooks rattlecanning a couple of truck doors.
    The video was done well.
    the lazy guitar certainly got it's hooks in me.
    As a painter, I feel BISHOP's pain.

We all tend to follow trends and our tastes.
    My destination involving cars was carved at a very early age,
    It developed into my lifestyle.
    Wouldn't want it any other way.

18. Hey now,don't forget the trend I tried to perpetuate with my pickup using the black with baby poo green wheels!

The new red!:D HRP

19. Well done video! The slo-mo pace and the music make it. Don't worry about what fad is in or out, or what other people like. Like what you like and be passionate about it. Yup, I've got a red-wheeled w/whitewalls ride (as a matter of fact, two). Good read and video.

21. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

22. Zeke

Zeke

So you're the one to blame for that?:p

23. MRTS33

MRTS33

24. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Nice video.......and I live about 5 miles from Welborn Texas!

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's actually way more complex than I've made it out to be here in my opinion. Essentially, you've got a whole bunch of fellas that are really passionate about something. And when fellas are really passionate about something, it's easy to take yourself and your opinions more seriously than they should be taken... Myself included.

At the end of the day, we should all just understand that car guys are car guys... And differences make the world go round.

26. hd4unm

hd4unm

What stuck me is that the guy had what appeared to be perfectly good pair of doors that everyone wants to find and nothing to put them on. Well done video.

Ya, and I could use them, can't pay'em for the paint job though.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Dont forget, it cant be shiny black, its gotta be flat black. When you look at all those b&w lakes photos, all the cars are flat black...

28. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel your pain Bishop; spray cans are for penetrating oil, carb cleaner, brake clean, etc.... and I guess garage wall art, although I don't have room for it.

29. hd4unm

hd4unm

His finger had to hurt. I'll rattle can some parts now and then when it doesn't matter but not a whole panel. The bondo feathering on the flat without a block made me cringe too.

30. white64

white64
    from Maine

A great video from the soon to be soveriegn country of Texas, good to watch when it's snowin' up here.. A "Summertime, and the livin' is easy.." kinda video