Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Found: 1933 3-Window old drag coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinisterSpeed, Dec 18, 2010.

1. rick finch

rick finch

History, smisstory.....cut that sucker up! (by the way, you guys SUCK at shuffle board.):D

2. Mudcity

Mudcity

So is Bobby Walden going to chop this one to?

3. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I thought they stopped putting out Rodder's Journal. You can't find it here in Ky.

4. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Hey, is this Jeremy with the '30 roadster? If so, whats up man? Even though Bobby is a great friend of ours, he has never chopped any of my or our groups cars. He does outstanding work- I would love to have one of my cars chopped by him! We have a great friend who has chopped my other friend's coupes, and he will most likely chop this one. I have chopped my cars in the past, but this time I'm gonna give it to him to whack. He has it down to a science.
    As far as paperwork or frame numbers go, there arn't any of either, so that part is all unknown. Oh well, thats not a big deal here in NV anyway...

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

6. patina steve

patina steve

Can you believe this Kid....................!

Attached Files:

7. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Not to Hijack thread . Does anyone have any current info on this Coupe?

[​IMG]

Chopped even more-my plan:
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

8. milo1303s

milo1303s

I'm sad this will become a cookie cutter car :(

Looks like a very nice east coast;) custom of it's time wish I knew something about it !
    Unfortunately I do not so keep us up to date on the project !

9. Merkonic

Merkonic

If they have a score of the year award on here that should win it!

10. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Well I'm bringing this thread back up after some time to see if anyone recognizes it- I still haven't been able to come up with anything. I've actually just tucked this car away and have tried to forget about it until I decide to build it, because I keep on changing directions on what style I want to build it, life's expenses (getting married), and so forth, but if all goes as planned, it will remain in my fleet of 34's. I was checking it out for the first time in months last weekend, and I once again got the itch for building it. When I first got it I was shooting for a dry lakes style car, but I've been really interested in trying to build off its badass foundation of metal work, and I'm thinking of early high boy drag style keeping those bobbed rear fenders, and shit canning the fronts. Halibrand solid's front and rear- reversed with the ribs on the outside, hurst slicks and pie crust fronts, chromed '34 axle and custom hairpins front and rear, mag halibrand champ quickchange, and the stroker 400+ c.i. 350 SBC topped with an original Man-a-fre intake thats on it. Basically a mix between the Hyder-Mccloud, the 15oz coupe, the 7-11 coupe, and the Orange krate combined and influenced into this 3 window. Anyway, its just a daydream build for now since I'm quite a ways away from building this ('40 Bonneville push truck is next), but I figured I would see if there may be some sort of old pics out there. Here is another pic I took of it last weekend of it and my Dad's '32 stuffed away in a little 80 year old lady's garage.
    [​IMG]

11. Man I love 33-34's!

12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

13. Sounds good Rory. Since I've stood in that lil' ol ladies garage looking at that clapped out east coast style wannabe custom hotrod, I would say your daydreaming scheme is right on. That grille that's on there is just fugly. It needs to go.(I'm sure it's somebody's wet dream though)
    How's the 40 coming along? You guys were supposed to send me pictures and never did. What gives youngblood?
    Your dad's 32 looks a lot better now that it's been"fixed".

14. that coupe still teases me, I remember when you got it, as I'd hear it was up for sale and I was too slow in calling.

Your vision of it is similar to mine, and if anything like the roadster it will be a car of distinction, looking forward to seeing it evolve.

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

15. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Doesn't hurt to daydream. It's best to let it sit while you figure out what direction to go. Sometimes a blank canvas can be intimidating. Here's some inspiration.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great find! Are the front fenders the original early skitless ones? Bob

17. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Some guys have all the luck...

18. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Super Cool! Congrats on the find!

19. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Me too!! I would go gasser, love the full fenders on gassers.. just plain mean! Nice collection!

20. I wondered what happened in the 2 years since you last posted. As a fellow 33-34 coupe owner/builder, all model 40 builds intrigue me.
    Like you, I'd have to think long and hard before I settled on a build-plan for that car as it's so....weird! I'd have to sketch it out as it sits....tall top, full fenders, angle channel and all. Maybe with some very LOUD paint, wide whites [can't believe I'm saying this] and a late 50s/early 60s white vinyl interior with contrasting piping and an early hemi, it could look cool....kinda like that old dude who, some years back, had his 33 coupe in Rodder's Journal with the Brewster grille on it.
    I'm soooooo use to [and stuck on] doing my cars as mid-late 60s highboy hotrods the previous ideas are really foreign to me but I'm trying.
    Being born and raised on the west coast, those east coast ideas and build methods are hard for me to "enjoy" but this coupe seems to lean really hard toward those east-coast ways.
    Pagan gold paint or candy blue with silver scallops, afore-mentioned polished Halibrands with wide white bias plies, lotsa chrome plating and eight chromed scavenger pipes hanging below the chromed banjo axle..oh, be still my heart!
    Hasta have an early hemi..nothing else will do unless it'd be an early olds or buick against a 39 trans.