Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This is a Roadster. . .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThirdGen, Dec 1, 2012.

1. I just saw this for the first time, this is one sweet build thread!

It's "AMAZING" what can happen during the course of something like this. Keep your head up, and keep moving forward.......not just with this build.

2. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

My first wife knew what she was getting into with race cars and still we had problems. The car was the problem, If Id get rid of the car everything would be wonderful. So I basically gave away my NHRA stocker for 2 pennys on the dollar. A month later she still leaves taking my bank account and my house with her. Now I have no race car, no house & no money. There is no moral to this story except count your blessings, you got off cheap ! And keep us updated on the car, life goes on, turn them upside down and they are all the same. The cars I mean, the cars are all the same

3. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

Nice start, hang in there.

4. Tank

Tank

Lookin good man. Coming along nicely.

5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Hang in there bro …. chicks come and go and believe it or not there’s some out there that like the car thing.
    I was the biggest non believer and got proved wrong … finally.

6. deto

deto

I crave this stuff on the HAMB. Its not traditional in the sense that you're duplicating the past, but recreating it with an artistic license. I REALLY like the profile of this car. The long nose/short cab thing really does it for me and when it's pulled off well its a killer look.

7. Damn! My bad! I fixed it! Sorry

8. pitman

pitman

Brought a chuckle Mike, sometimes the murds get wixed!

9. Yeah...if I spoke like I think I'd probably be in jail!!

10. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Off the charts cool design, keep going! (Remember; Women come & go, but a good dog and the rod you build from your heart will be there when it's all said & done!)

11. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

hammeredabone - "Consider that if she can't stay the course after a few months apart she was never going to stay the course. Better she do that now then after you have a child together. If you Love something set it free, if it comes back to you it's yours, if not, it never was."

Nicely put. Thanks for the kind words. And I am expecting those parts to turn into something in the near future.

LabRat - "Life shouldn't be judged by things lost , But by Wisdom gained ..."

Also great words to live by

mtkawboy - sorry for the loss, I will count my blessings on this one. And agreed on the women, eh, ah i mean cars! haha

deto - Thanks! exactly what we are shooting for!

jacksmith - Thanks.

And thanks to everybody else for commenting. The H.A.M.B is full of great people, and I am glad I can share this build with all of you. I am trying to keep pics limited on this thread. I am working on getting the last thread fixed, that way it can all stay in one spot. Updates soon.

-Josh

12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it Josh, kick ass. A lot of us have "lost" a girlfriend along the way for a multitude of reasons. You'll look back one day and realize . . . if that hadn't happened then I wouldn't have met so-and-so . . . it's one big long row of dominoes. :)

13. pitman

pitman

Yep, and judging by the originality of your work, it will mean an equally intriging femme will cross paths with you. She will either be knocked out by the car and be supportive of the work... or have similar qualitites and see things from her hard-earned perspective. Either way, get-her-done Josh, looking good!

14. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Thanks you two, this is the mindset I need to keep. Tons of great advice everyone is giving. Thanks again to all.

Updates soon, promise.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

Hey bro,that thing is awesome..Very nice work.

16. Spork!

Spork!

I agree with what others have said about the girl. If you gave up the car for her you'd never forget it and become resentful. If she couldn't understand that then she wasn't the right one for you. You'll find one that will dig what you are doing and will enjoy your hobby. And from the looks of your work, it could develop into more than just a hobby.

I am lucky in that my wife really enjoys the cars. She goes to all the shows and events with me and doesn't mind spending money on them. She even drives a late model OT hot rod as a daily driver.

Continue on your project and good things will come to you!

17. Josh, what's in store for the Hemi...any specs yet?

18. snelson57

snelson57

First time I have seen this one...Bad Ass.

I really need to get some metal forming skills.

19. straightshooter

straightshooter

One sick looking car....looking forward to the next update

20. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Spork! - thanks for the words of wisdom. I appreciate it.

21. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Specs on the hemi:

Bored .030 over, stock crank, Neilson Cam, stock compression pistons, heads rebuilt w/ stock valves, and springs to match the cam. offenhauser log manifold w/six stromberg 97s, and a vertex mag.

Nothing over the top, or wildly aggressive. Should put out more than enough power for this rig, while staying decently reliable, and of course giving the right look.