Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hot Rod Company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by walter, Aug 30, 2012.

1. GARY?

GARY?

Always a good experience with them. Probably ordered 10 or 15 time from them.

Ordered a flywheel from them once, it was supposed to be a lightened version. It showed up and it wasn't. They paid for my machinist to lighten it up, no questions asked. Perfect solution for the situation.

2. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

This is a traditional hot rod site. So, from now on get a postal money order (if you send a personal check you have to wait until it clears) and send it first class to the vender. Then wait until the parcel post guy comes to the door and asks for cash for the shipping costs. Tough cookies if you're not at home!

Most of you guys don't have a clue what it was like to mail order speed equipment before there were 800 numbers, the internet and credit cards.

PS.. ordered several times from the Hot Rod Company with no problems.

3. Mike has had a very good reputation with the HAMB and it's members for years...

Found out that his tank supplier/builder is a one man show and has had back order and old age issues. The builder is doing the best he can in his old age...

I do know that Mike is part time and aware of your concerns and is willing to work with everybody!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  4. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have ordered from them several times. Always great service and products.

5. walter

walter

Just to let everyone know. I have been contacted by Mike and I feel much better about this order. I do have confidance that everything will be good. I would like to continue doing busness with him do to the fact he is Hot Rod Freindly.
    Thanks
    Walter

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

And to clarify for the readers who'll come by this in the future, the tanks do take time as they're made to order.

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

I believe they're US made, too.

8. Curious, how much time went by that you sent an email till you posted this?

9. walter

walter

I believe it was about 3 weeks between email and post

10. Seems like more than enough time to me. Even if its a small one man band answering his own emails.

11. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I just dealt with Mike about two weks ago...quality parts and fast shipping, and an Alliance Discount.......he has always been *ACES* with me.........I strongly support him......don't be afraid to order!!

CB

12. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Great source for stromberg parts. Hard to get on the phone but your stuff will come quick

13. 5window

5window

Good to know and it sounds like things are working out. It wouldn't take much to add a note on the website/catalog that says tanks (and whatever) are custom made and may take up to "x" months for delivery. Then one could decide to order and wait, or not. That, and answering inquiries would really help.

14. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I used to make parts for him a few years ago. He seems like a nice enough guy on the phone, very professional talking and everything and knowledgeable. Sometimes they are better at that aspect of business than other areas like call backs and giving you heads ups on show schedules they will be attending, etc. He did say he attended a lot of car shows and stuff every year, so why not post on your home page a schedule of events you attend so when people call for follow-ups on orders and don't get a return call for a week or two they at least know whats up and where he's at. How easy would that be. It just seems that every month or two this same issue pops up about him.

15. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

I ordered their Magnum steering arms. Very good product and shipping was fast. My experience was good and I would do business with them again.

16. I think somebody's signature was. "Friends do not let Friends do business with the Hot Rod Company." I wanted to do business with them a few years ago, but I did not know their address. They advertised in Street Rodder. They sell about the same stuff as other vendors that had an address. I think I got e-mails from them periodically. I have not heard from them for three years.

17. cannuk

cannuk

Hamb member or not Ryan should boot his ass off Sent my order in and got my order ## in Aug then last week i had my wallet stolen and emailed them to ask how would they like my new visa ## NO REPLY SCREW THEM Give me a # to call Sorry dont have to kiss ass Went to fordson house web site and ordered a tank from them Chris

18. bag

bag

I have ordered from them many times and always gotten great service.

19. plan9

plan9

If you are going to regurgitate a quote to defame someone (or something) you should have the decency to get it right.

Friends dont let friends shop at Streamline

I've never had any issues with The Hot Rod Company... in fact look at the Hamb O Dex, just look there before posting a thread about nothing.

Some of you guys are real ball busters. You'd probably complain about the unequal amounts of Jam to Jelly on your table at the local mom and pop diner.

20. Aviator

Aviator

I ordered a gas tank the first of this month. Received order confirmation same day. Anticipating 2-6 weeks for delivery. If that works, I'll be happy. More later.

21. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Did the order confirmation say that or are you going by what is says on their site? I was going to order a T tank back in late October. It says 2-6 weeks on the site. Because of this thread I emailed them and was told 4-6 months. I'm sure they are worth the wait, but you might want to ask if you are in a hurry for it.

22. 1gearhead

1gearhead

I don't care how good the deal is if they don't have a phone number and address to contact them I do not do business with them. Sometimes it may cost me a little more to buy from some place that I can infact contact, but i at least have the satisfaction that I can contact them if there is a problem.

23. vegas

vegas

I got my tank, and a few other small parts from The Hot Rod Company while building my car, and had great service. products were great, and the orders came pretty quickly. They are in Deerfield, WI if I remember correctly.

24. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

here is my 2 cents, I know a couple of guys that run small fabrication companies, they don't publish their phone numbers because they found in the past, they spent all their time on the phone and not making parts. At the end of the day they would respond to e-mails and faxes.

25. 2935ford

2935ford

Ok...I have to eat a little bit of crow here.

Very recently, I was after one of Vern's products and had a question about how they determine shiiping rates. I took their email route......well, a day later I got a response!
    I placed the order and was surprised at how quickly the part arrived and being here in far east Canada........it was fast! They also refunded me the difference in their shipping quote.

Sorry, Vern! I'll deal with you folks anyday!

26. 5window

5window

The problem seems to be however, that they don't, ever, respond.

I'll put my money with 1gearhead-no way to communicate-you don't get my business.

27. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

Yeah, that's always the give and take with these kinds of businesses, with a one man shop, you can spend all your time on the phone and never get anything done or frustrate everyone by not responding and not have any work. Word of mouth and reputation seems to overcome some of these objections though. Nothing worse than no response, I agree.

28. walter

walter

Hot Rod Co. Is replying to my pm's I send. I think things will come out right in the end. I was told December so I will be patient. The bad thing is the tank I ordered is the last piece to install before I take the car apart for paint.

29. cannuk

cannuk

What a crock of s*** emailed the hotrod company 3 weeks ago about my wallet being stolen and the visa # being no good and how would they like me to get my new visa # to them with no repley on how to forward the new # and today i get a phone call from them personally. I have been waiting since Oct for there Gas tankTo late ordered my tank from the fordson house Maybe the phone ## should be on your web site and i dont care if hes a HAMBER or not. ONE PD OFF HAMBER Chris Andrews

30. See post 46. I still will not do business with these people.

I hope this thread does not end up like the Coker Tire thread or the one about a guy in Nebraska trying to hire a craftsman for his hot rod shop for a little over minimum wage.