Register now to get rid of these ads!

update: 53 is finally painted.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FTW666, Dec 9, 2012.

1. FTW666

FTW666

wasnt sure how to include the original post pictures with these, so i didnt.
    the 53 is painted and now having the glass done, then its finally home for me to finish. the car has never been home. i bought it as a project and towed it straight to the paint shop. hes had it a year and a half, working on it when business was slow. enjoy the pics and leave your thoughts. thank you i appreciate all opinions.

Attached Files:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I dig it!! Like the color choice on the top!

3. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it from the Astros to the narrow white walls to the color choice! The plan was to change the color on my Avatar '52. Those earlier Chevy's look great with different color tops. Good Job!

4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

looks great. what are you doing for grille opening? another quick question, will you have to remove back glass to get trim back on?

5. FTW666

FTW666

a few more for the interested..... thank you

Attached Files:

6. FTW666

FTW666

fast car, yes on the trim. painter didnt want to risk removing glass before paint. "better to let the glass guy do it".
    grill?? not sure yet.

7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

was thinking about weatherstrip without trim on my glass but unsure about the upper corners. trim usally goes there. mine has wraparound glass also.

8. FTW666

FTW666

i like the look of no trim but upper rear and lower front corners look funky to without molding. so i decided to keep the stainless. it blends with the beltline molding and looks good also.

9. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

This post will undoubtedly date me as an old foggy,but here goes. If I had a project car at a paint shop for over a year to have it straightened, gapped, smoothed, etc. it damn well better come back with the shinyiest and most perfect paint job I've ever seen! The idea of not having the project for over a year and then getting it back with only a third of the car with an actual paint job strikes me as the height of dumbness. To lose that much time of enjoying the project and to pay anything for that result, to me is just plain stupid! Now that you have it, drive the wheels off it and enjoy what you have.

10. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Looks great. Thats got to be a good feeling seeing it in its New form.

11. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Love that color combo!

12. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

You now have me thinking of painting the lid on mine. Looks very good kudos to you bro.

13. FTW666

FTW666

Thank you for the compliments. I appreciate them all. It's by no means a show car but I don't want of those. I'll keep posting as I progress.
    Yetiskustoms, it feels good. Paint to me is instant gratification. I'm stoked.
    Malcolm1943, thank you for your input. I got exactly what I asked for. As for the time it took, I was in no hurry and it was only to keep the shop busy on slow days, so as to keep the cost down. I knew ahead of time it would take awhile, but the price was WAY worth the wait. Thanks again

14. dad-bud

dad-bud

Asking for opinions is always dangerous.....................
    It's definitely a big improvement, but it is screaming out for some jewellry to show off the new colours.
    Wheel change and some wide whites plus killer 'caps will defintely help too.
    Anyway, who cares, so long as you're happy with it, and I'm sure you are, but thanks for askin'.

15. LeftCoastCruiser

LeftCoastCruiser
    from So Cal

Bitchin'. That's a tasty looking candy apple on the roof and dash. Is that an air or a static drop?

16. 5-4Belair

5-4Belair

Killer two tone.

17. FTW666

FTW666

Thanks everyone.
    Left coast, it's bagged front and rear. Four linked and bambino notched backside, and the front is a manual rack with a tci ifs kit. Bags are shock waves in front and Firestone rears.

18. jerseymike

jerseymike

very cool! as soon as you start driving it, you'll forget all about the long wait.

19. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

Looks great!

20. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

pinner whites/supremes straight outta mid to late 60's bellflower blvd scene.got the stance nailed.like it alot. a floating bar grille would be clean,simple. just sayin

21. FTW666

FTW666

thanks a lot. the glass guy is done and its ready for its final destination....HOME! im really excited to finish it for summer. ill be posting more pics when i get down to the glass shop.
    gary b, a floating grill would look bitchin. i dont have much reference material for something like that, so ill have to get crackin on that.............. better yet maybe that could be the topic of a new thread here.... post your floating grill pictures