Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mooneyes show pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-stig, Dec 8, 2012.

1. The show was way too big for the site. I think they might try to appeal to too many groups. I heard they quit letting cars in at about 9:30 but when I left at 1:00 people were still entering on foot.

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. lawman

lawman

Very nice picture's. Thank's for posting.

4. richie rebel

richie rebel

great pics,thanks for posting.............

5. 60'coupe

60'coupe

You are 100% right !
    60'

6. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I like all of your pictures. No complaining here!

7. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Nice photos. Thank you for sharing.

8. richie rebel

richie rebel

wonder why they changed the year from 65 to the 70s???????

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I have been going to the show for 8 yrs now and this was the year i saw alot of assholes trying to be as obnoxious as possible.I love the show it just worries me that these people will ruin it for everyone else who is truly there for the rides,the meet ups and the atmosphere.I dont go to a show to face wanna be's who stare me down and give me hard looks for walking past them,or dodge beer cans.I hope mooneyes employs security for the next show,and get rid of those vans.

10. All in all it was a GREAT show. Something for just about everyone. I may be in the minority, but I did like some of the vans. We will be back next year.

11. This is sadly why I stopped going to shows early on. I went to the 3rd or so Mooneyes, I went to the 2nd or so Viva and the 2nd Hootenany. They all left me cold in the end (I might try another Viva though). I mainly stick to swapmeets now, but the few shows I do go to are super anal on security. I'm all for different cars and personal freedom but MOST people can't handle it and take it WAY too far.

12. Skimmer

Skimmer

British Licence plate ??? ......Possibly owned by an Ex Brit ??.......Thanks for the pics..

13. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

BoyGeorge maybe?

14. LiveWire64

LiveWire64

If you had looked on the Mooneyes website before the event you might have seen that the vans were invited to be shown at the event this year. They wanted us to bring out the vans. Nobody was saving spots as they had the section set aside for us.
    I am sorry nobody enjoyed the vans, sure had lots of people looking at them. Brad

15. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

I've got a thing for the 69-74 ford vans so I'll be in the nobody crowd!

TP

16. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Thankful for the photos ….. Some nice stuff but enough crap that there’s no way in hell I would drive more than 10 miles to be there.

17. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

I'm with you there Muttley. Looks like there was some great stuff there and thanks for the pics of them...but why waste time & space on R.R. crap ??? :confused

18. Not as good a show as in the past. Way too crowded. Too few portacans. I saw a lot of friends and had a good time. But, I'm smart enough to avoid trouble. There was a bunch to avoid. Vans? Really, Vans? Seemed out of place. The racing was good. The music was the same as it always is. Same bands, same dancers. I heard about fights and people being pseudo hard asses. Didn't see any of that.

But, late model Harleys aren't any kind of hot rod and should park with the late model cars. Take that Village People vibe out of the show. Dorks in bondage wear...

19. FTW666

FTW666

thanks for the great pics. i unfortunatley couldnt get there this year.

20. sumner41

sumner41

That red buick convert is rad

21. 51 mercules

51 mercules

It was my first time there.I don't think I'll go back,Too many fools drinking,smoking dope and fighting like the fight over by Beatnik Alley.I seen another one as I was leaving too!I think they need more security and mabye raise the prices to get in.Maybe that will keep some people out.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  22. x2
    I always wanted to make it down to this show—not anymore. Looks like they have let things slide. I do appreciate the post... truly I do. It just looks like they've lost their focus. Raising the cut-off year never helps. Ever.

23. Let me see if I can help a little. I can agree with many of the sentiments about quality control. There are enough people interested that some people/cars can and should be filtered out. However, I disagree about the vans, they were and are very neato. They are a part of hot rodding/custom history even though they might have only been a fad at the time. Here's my take:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You don't like vans? Seriously?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  24. Some more, and there's some bikes in hear, hope you guys can dig:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Part of the allure of Mooneye's Xmas Party is diversity, embrace it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Primer Podcast

Primer Podcast
    from LBC

Great show yesterday regardless. Tons of cars and the drags were awesome We got over 500 photos and 20 mins of edited video. Just wondering what the aftermath of all those tall boys were at the end of the show... but had a great time

here are few pics you guys might like ...

[​IMG]
    Mooneyes Christmas Show 2012_23 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Mooneyes Christmas Show 2012_89 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Mooneyes Christmas Show 2012_272 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Mooneyes Christmas Show 2012_80 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Mooneyes Christmas Show 2012_359 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Mooneyes Christmas Show 2012_243 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Mooneyes Christmas Show 2012_462 by PrimerPodcast, on Flickr

27. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

The wife & I went to the show and had a great time we never saw any fighting but as always saw lots of people drinking, myself i just think they need to work on the parking situation cause that part sucks bigtime! you get in the show & BAM! your stuck like a traffic jam with a little more organization this problem can be fixed! as far as cars there were really nice ones & the ones you look at and think Damn wtf were they thinking? but everybodys tastes are different and thats just the way it is im not gonna talk shit about somebodys car because i didnt like it ive always figured if you dont have something good to say dont say anything at all! ill continue to go to the show as i think its one of the best shows here in so.cal :D

28. Plus live racing? You guys whine a lot. You should be more appreciative of being able to walk around a show in December in your t-shirt and check out some bikes and cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Still can't believe you don't like vans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Even getting gas on the way out was cool. I had fun, you guys should too.

29. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Looks like a good turn out as always. good pictures

30. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

I think the drags would be worth it by themselves. Looks like a way cool show.