Register now to get rid of these ads!

dodge disk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by muffmullins, Nov 26, 2012.

1. muffmullins

muffmullins
    from acme

hey guys new to this site but im building a 1950 dodge truck so far iv body dropped it 3 foot (yes it drags but looks so kick ass) chevy 307 motor 700r4 trans 6 lug chevy rear end cobolt rack and pinion. i need to find a way to convert the front drums into disc the cheapest way posiable anyone got any hints. also how is everyone doing title work on these classics
    thanks muff

2. supervert

supervert

3' really:confused: does the frame go though the dash? we need to see pics, and isn't the front a straight axle? how are you using a rack?

3. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

you've dropped it THREE FEET? wow...that really must drag - what was it before, a mud racer?

I, too would like to see your R&P setup. You'd be way ahead to install some replacement front end for which disc brake conversions are common.

If you're going to cut corners ("cheapest way possible") you'll have to really pay attention. There really isn't anything more critical on a driving vehicel than the brakes.

4. 3 feet? We must be using the same tape measure. I say its 9" online too :D

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

OP must be having trouble getting his tail out from between his legs....

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

You need to do a tech thread on how to do a 3 ft. drop when the truck is only 11 inches off the ground to start with.Post the pics.

7. I would like to see the three foot drop it must have been on a lift as far as the disc brake conversion I did one on mine using the stock straight axel and a kit from aajbrakes.com there was some fab work but they have been working fine for five years. Jim

8. muffmullins

muffmullins
    from acme

cant figure out how to up load the picks and floor pans are right up tight to the dash. it is a a straight axle i took the rack and welded brackets to the axle mounted the rack on it and put a 4 inch slip joint in the steering bar. could i use a disk brake kit off of a ford or chevy?

9. muffmullins

muffmullins
    from acme

10. muffmullins

muffmullins
    from acme

11. n847

n847

12. supervert

supervert

where are you located?
    how do you sit in it with it channeled (body dropped) that much?

13. muffmullins

muffmullins
    from acme

acme pa about a hour out side of pittsburgh and your head hits the roof and my knees r in my chest

14. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

sounds very comfortable.

15. muffmullins

muffmullins
    from acme

any one have a idea of about how much the whole disk conversion cost? trying to get it done this week its the last thing i got to do before i take this bitch out and burn some tire in it

16. muffmullins

muffmullins
    from acme

17. badshifter

badshifter

Sounds awesome. With the rockers 2 feet below pavement, I don't think you need brakes.

18. You are in Penn.? You also mentioned something about titleing as well right? My advice is stop right there and first go to the state D.M.V. web site and get the information you need for tittleing. You sir are in a ball breaker of a state for any title issues, that's one. You are also in a state that's has some pretty tough motor vehicle laws, don't be surprised if that frame scraper you built won't even get a mile from home without being hassled or more tickets than carter has liver pills. Sorry to rain on your parade, you sound pretty stocked about your build, but I truly think you are in for a few harsh reality checks.

I wish you the best with the title issues and hope for all involved you build something safe, TR

19. Sorry muff, everything about this paragraph has " your gonna get yourself or some innocent person/persons killed ". If you have a state vehicle inspection, and I'm pretty sure you do, safe to say this truck will never pass.

I'm going to sleep better tonight knowing I said this, hopefully made you think a little, TR

20. kennb

kennb

Floor pans up to the dash? I gotta see a picture of the interior. Where are the gas and brake pedals. Coming out of the dash? Ken

21. trollst

trollst

Oh-Oh, I sense the "R" word coming on.....get the popcorn....