Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shoebox Hearse followed me home.... But I'm going to be ok !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t6ford, Dec 8, 2012.

1. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Ok you're in New Zealand. So yes, it's right hand drive. Very cool.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

thats the coolest thing ive seen for ages. I love hearses and never saw a shoebox.......very very cool

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

It looks a whole lot more "proportional" than the early GM models. I like it, but don't care too much for the "shoebox" Fords normally. Butch/56sedandelivery.

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

That is one Bad Ass ride ! :D
    I have never seen a shoebox hearse before .

Jim

5. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

I like it a lot,love to see one.
    Be a cool ride,have fun with it.

6. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Reminds me of a Pez dispenser.

Ghoul score.

7. Hey Rod, good to meet up with ya man! I've been told that car was one of three in NZ. The other two are MIA.

8. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

That thing is baddass looks like a shoebox station wagon
    I say chop it!! :D

9. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

That thing is so cool!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Got to be a rare bird. Don't even think of a chop job. It is a real eye catching conversation piece just the way it is. Hearse is cool. My high school buddies picked up a 1927 Cadillac hearse, velvet curtains and all. Built a insulated pine box, loaded it with beer and went to the beach with it. Carried the coffin down to the beach like paul bearrers. My spelling sucks.

11. Few more shots taken this afternoon , Have just been roughly fitting the front clip, bumpers tail lamps , grille etc just to get an idea on what parts are missing .
    The little 8ba starts and runs fine , bit smokey but think that will settle with a decent run up the highway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There is a third roller which fits between the rear wheel housings not fitted in this photo

[​IMG]

12. This definetly brings new meaning to there being a body in the trunk. Bring out your dead!!!!! I know how you Kiwi's like gettin' on the piss. Make a pull out pull out chilly bin.

13. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Cool find Rod, but I think its ugly. (this from a person who looks out for Fiat Topolinos :):))

14. Crazy!
    Seeing a new incarnation of an old favorite is like finding the lost naked pictures of Marilyn Monroe. Yummm... Lets see more!

15. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

16. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Got me thinking now......could of it also been a AMBULANCE ? hhmmmmm to ponder....as they still would of required rollers also. Regional ambulance would be a better guess.
    Check the link below..The red-ish and creamy white interior a giveaway ? or is that just your photo and the factory wood-graining.
    Either way of being what it is...great to see it saved and that Michelle will be taking it to the shops ....:)..still cant beleive how clean it is ..mine was a dogs breakfast.

http://www.colacambulance.com/ford%20twin%20spinner.htm

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  17. That thing is wild! I kinda wonder about those folks who ride around in later Cadillac hearses as daily drivers, but that car has "reasonably" good proportions and doesn't come off looking so "hearse-like". I'm sure with a little lowering and wheels your shoebox will look very kool and for sure will be the only one at any event you might attend. A real conversation starter for sure.

18. Mart

Mart

Cool find - I bet you're dying to go for a ride in it.

Bdum tisch!

Mart.

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Very cool! Lets see some detail pics of the inside areas of the rear roof mods! Probably converted by a local coach builder?

20. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Built by Wallace Ltd. of New Zealand i am led to believe. Australian ones were built by Weber Ltd (shit this is starting to sound like the tucker thread!) Here is another old add....this time from canada. Oz and NZ coach builders again would of had their own differences and flares and hence why they all dont look the same..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  21. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

22. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

23. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

24. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

4t6ford,

I have never ridden in the back seat of any of my cars.
    I wish you the same luck!

25. Elrod

Elrod

That is crazy neat! Good buy.

Strage how you slip the box in through the trunk. All those advertisements show a fully opening back door, as well as suicide rear doors.

26. But, all those featured are built in the US or Canada. The Kiwis and the Aussies did things a little different back then.

I like the car a lot!

27. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey ,

That's some serious cool there!

The read deck looks to be framed in wood, any other areas of the body framed in wood?

Thanx

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

28. Have you ever thought when you saw that hearse come rolling by. It won't be long for you or I. We'll take that ride in that big black cat and we won't be coming back :rolleyes:
    A car that is on my bucket list. The wife says I can get one when I die :eek:

Definitely a cool ride!!!

29. Looks like a '51 SUV! :) HRP