Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dragster Club..........picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Oct 23, 2008.

1. falfas55

falfas55

Great thread.I really like those FED's.I'm sure theres more out there.Keep those pics coming.FALFA

2. slingshotsteve

slingshotsteve
    from new york

A few pics of mine,almost finished after 6 years (no money)

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      501 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      526.1 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      512.6 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      536.8 KB
      Views:
  3. tad626

tad626

mine. sort of in semi retirement lack of $$$

Attached Files:

4. Mike,
    Do you still have the Turbonique car once owned by Joe Mazza in your collection. I raced that car a few times in 1968.

Don Roberts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Blindmule

Blindmule
    from Bama

Hope to have mine running by Feb. next year:D

6. carshopowner

carshopowner

7. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

I cant wait to grow up and build one!

8. carshopowner

carshopowner

I think it works the other way around, you get old and want to be a kid again.

9. Glenn, I've never seen your car run with the full body. Why is that?

10. carshopowner

carshopowner

I do run it occasionally with the body on. Last time was at the Gold Cup.
    It is easier to do the maintenance between rounds with it off, and the radiator cools better with it off.

These are all shots taken at Empire at different times

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  11. Ahhh...everytime I've seen it run at Empire I see it without it. It's gorgeous either way, but the full body just looks perfect. Hopefully I can see it in person fully dressed next season

12. this one belonged to my buddy Bernie, first real introduction into the nostalgia racing scene

Attached Files:

13. This is just too beautiful for words
    [​IMG]

14. crofoot

crofoot

mine is in the back with me in the seat napping,ford banjo rearend had to lift "them" and set em on the pumpkin.No floor in car.big fun! sorry cant get pic to show.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  15. crofoot

crofoot

16. das858

das858

Started our front engine dragster project this year. I was lucky enough to win a 1/2 price chassis from Worm at Sling shot dragsters last January, picked up the chassis in Bowling Green in June. Worm is a great guy to deal with and builds a beautiful chassis with incredible fit on the tubing. Built a chassis jig while waiting for the chassis. We had the chassis welded by our old friend Scott Bauer, who welded our first car in 1985. Scott knocked out the car in one week, with his usual first class welding. We had our 8 3/4 MOPAR housing narrowed after making some nice mounting brackets for it. My partner (Long Stroke JEFF on the H.A.M.B.) and I mounted his mock-up block in the chassis, made front motor mounts, and mounted the rear housing in the car. My neighbor Lyle McKlem gave us a cool vintage n.o.s. fuel tank that we have mounted in the chassis. My partner, Long stroke Jeff is supplying the 406 s.b.c. out of his '56 Chevy race car, my other partner Jeff Chapin is supplying the power glide and convertor, and I'm supplying the 8 3/4 rear end. I'll post some pictures when I can.

17. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

Bernie's car was super cool- whatever happened to it?

18. carshopowner

carshopowner

Thanks, that shot hunts me, and for smoe reason no one ever notices that the saftey pin was not removed fron the chute.

19. He grenaded the engine and I think the car as a roller went to Canada but I'm not positive on that. He is currently putting the old Beedy & Lutz car back together

Attached Files:

20. WCD

WCD

Any info on the Turbonique car. I know the posting is old, but I didnt see any follow up answer. The conventional rail match racing appears to be a top gas dragster. Am I right?

21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

One I finished a couple of months ago.

Attached Files:

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

23. A correction...Bernie says he thinks the digger is in Indiana but has not seen nor heard of it since he sold it.
    Does anyone Know of it ???????????

Attached Files:

24. carshopowner

carshopowner

Roo Man is in Indianapolis, I sent him a picture and question on it. I will post the answer.

25. carshopowner

carshopowner

Keith's responce

"That car ran at some of the early Goodguys events at IRP but I can't tell you much about it.

KB"

26. Thanks, that shot hunts me, and for smoe reason no one ever notices that the saftey pin was not removed fron the chute.

well I guess we are all to busy lookin at how beautiful she is to notice that small detail..........

27. Yes I was at several of the Goodguys IRP events with him and the car, his last pass there was when they told him he needed a reverser. Evidently a nostalgic fed that needs pushed back after the burnout was a time waster holding up the program.
    Thanks for asking and the mystery continues......

28. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

As opposed to the current N/TF cars that take 2 1/2 hours to run one qualifying round because they keep puking all over the track... ugh. Don't even get me started at how N/TF has gotten ruined over the last few years.

29. Two years and.............

[​IMG]

30. paintcan54

paintcan54

Nice rail, I noticed that the steering arm is on the right side! What steering box is in the car? I ask because I have a friend is building a new rail and is thinking of useing a corvair box, and I'm thinking it will exit on the right. He thinks it will be a problem?