Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn find minus the barn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by impalabuilder, Dec 11, 2008.

1. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

2. gas pumper

gas pumper

Yeah, like six pack says, coruption and laziness at DMV has it's advantages.

My t roadster is titled as a 28 Ford Convertible. Took six weeks for the title to clear, then had to send pictures to get QQ plates. No Problem.

I'd safely say as long as the documents don't turn up as stolen, you would have no problem.

3. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

yep, that was my original thought, but then I heard that there are companies that will do the work for you...since I'm in no hurry (this is a lower priority project) I figured I'd ask around before going the easier route. We do what we gotta do.

did you send the park a bill for cleanup? hah! cool pics, nice find.

4. gold5000000

gold5000000

Finders keepers i guess

5. 16 Dodge Bros

16 Dodge Bros
    from MO

Nice grouping on the bullet holes, hate to piss off that guy.

6. gold5000000

gold5000000

I thought those were from a bear!!?!?

7. Hotrod Charlie

Hotrod Charlie

Cool find Bro, you have a '33 or '34 cab there from a big truck ('35 has a 3-hole instrument cluster same as '36 trucks). This is a ton and a half or 2 ton cab (ya can tell by the single radiator mount tab on the top center of the cowl). Shoot me the VIN when you get a chance and I will match it on my VIN sheet for exact year ('33 or '34). We are partial to this style cab. Blue Skies

8. Hotrod Charlie

Hotrod Charlie

Cool, ya gats a nice start on a '33 Plymouth there.

9. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

thanks for the info...I knew I'd find somebody like you on here. Someone who knows all the little clues that most people overlook. Does your VIN sheet agree with this:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337067

found it deep in the Internet, looks pretty legit to me

10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

love those trucks

Attached Files:

11. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Be fun to see it when you get it out of the woods.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Or cut the frame and make it the sled. :rolleyes:

13. I think those suicide door Dodges are among the best looking trucks ever built. IF you were in GA, all you'd need is a bill of sale. Georgia doesn't bother with titles on prehistoric stuff. Never did title back of '62 model and doesn't title anything over 15 years old.

14. What total piece of crap!! Before it pollutes those wonderful woods anymore, it should be shipped directly to Illinios where I can properly take care of the situation.:)

15. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

Technically my dad owns it because it's on his property, and he could register it with an "acceptable proof of ownership" and a bill of sale. NY doesn't use titles for historical vehicles either. Problem we can't prove who owns it on paper. Beaurocracy blows.

16. draggler

draggler

Just stumbled upon your thread.
    Thats cool as cool can be .
    Any updates ,finds?

17. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

;) Now this could get interesting.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

18. Gerg

Gerg

no worries i am sure he will respond to a thread he started in 2008

19. 343w

343w

Looks like the tale ended back in 09, too bad the old truck can't be put to good use!The cab could be towed out on an old car hood using the snowmobile, if he wanted it bad enough.

20. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

NY doesn't need a bill of sale to issue a registration for a pre 72 vehicle. The father can go to the DMV wesite, down loand an affidavit of ownership, on which you you ddescribe the vehicle list its serial number, usually on a plate on one of the Door pillars, state that to the best of your knowledge no one else can make a claim of ownership, and register it. Once it is registered the father can then through another form then gift it to the son who can take the transferable registration reciept to the NJ authorities and do what ever NJ says is necessary and legal for him to establish ownership in NJ. But in looking back at the thread there were no pictures of the recovery process. So did this idea die where it started or was a recovery from woods to shop ever effected?

21. Beau

Beau

That's what I'm saying.

22. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Within a few months two AA's were pulled out of the woods in the Adirondacks and I walked into the woods by my parents house and found a doodle bug and another early Ford waiting for someone to fix up!

23. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

My father took a vacation trip to Gas Bay and the Odirandocks once (that's what he said anyway) lol.

24. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

My apologies to everyone who was interested in this thread, I was getting email updates whenever someone posted, but somehow that stopped. A PM from Rat.Racer prompted me look back at this and read all the messages that I missed.

We pulled the truck out of the woods in the spring that followed my last post. We did take some pics of that adventure, but I can't seem to locate them right now...I hope to find them soon as I search for old pics of my dad's 56 Nomad. I spent the last 2 weeks getting that back together with our really good friend (obviously) Charlie. We surprised him with a running vehicle when he came back from vacation. The car had been sitting in his garage for about 35 years...but that's another story.

actually we strapped it to a small residential yard trailer and towed it out with an ATV. It was way easier than I thought it was going to be. It turned out we didn't have to drop any trees. The floor flanges look great, I thought we'd be pulling it straight out with no traces of rockers or floors. The only thing wrong is obviously major pitting, no wood left, and a dime-sized hole in the floor flange where the wood screws in (I assume). We put it in the back of my truck and got lots of lookers and thumbs-ups on the Thruway back to NJ. It is now at my house under storage. That was back in 09. Lots of events in my personal life since then including a new daughter, so she comes first. After all the kinks are worked out of the Nomad, and I repair the exhaust and suspension on my el camino: it's frame building time for this truck.

I thought that this process produced a non-transferable registration. NJ needs a transferable registration to get a title. I will look into this again...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  25. Glad to hear there's hope for the old Dodge. They are a great looking truck when completed.

26. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

I don't really know anything about the dodge trucks but the cars had the gauge cluster in the middle in 33 and in front of the steering wheel in 34.Hope that helps,Neat find!My guess 33...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  27. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

Yup, I looked up the VIN and as Hotrod Charlie said it's a 1933 1 1/2 ton. Most likely an old logging truck. I could only make out a few faint letters from the company name on the door. It would have been cool to reproduce the original company logo.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  28. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

I thought that this process produced a non-transferable registration. NJ needs a transferable registration to get a title. I will look into this again...[/QUOTE]

I had a non-transferable registration for my Arietta '72 Kawasaki. I talked with the nice lady's at the Hamilton County DMV and while they helped a lot I kept hitting road blocks. I finally just took a bill of sale and the nontransferable registration to a quick tag and title and $120 no questions asked, handed over the plates, and got a new title in the mail a couple of weeks later.

29. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

I'm also looking into getting more information for my Model AA. Your best bet would be to call the Hamilton County DMV and see if it was registered (518-548-7111) or get into contact with the Hamilton County Facebook page to see if they may have old pictures of logging trucks in the area (Hamilton County NY History). That's going to be my plan of attack at least...I've also been scouring the net and they have old picture books of the Adirondacks in print. It could have been used to pull ice out of the lake too? If I come across anything, I'll let you know. Can't wait to see how it turns out.