Register now to get rid of these ads!

I LOVE 57 Fords ... :)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Jan 17, 2008.

1. 31whitey

31whitey

damn D.R.

22gs

kill'n the dream man

2. MOCO559

MOCO559

you're not alive if you don't like this!!

Nice car man and pics.

3. Try Randy Connor he parts out 57's and has a great range of parts.

[email protected] is his email

John

4. 57fordaltered

57fordaltered
    from kelso wa

I no that car, Yes it is on the street,351w auto,still Looks great!!!

5. caseyajones

caseyajones

I chose to do a 57 Ford as my last project not because they are a favorite of mine but rather because I'd never seen one I liked. I was challenged to see if I could do one and end up liking it. I also wanted to use the car to show case either a SOHC motor or a Boss 429 monster motor.After a year of looking, I came to the conclusion that with my budget, that was never going to happen,so now what was I to do? After pondering for a good while I decided to just use what I had on hand since I didn't even know if I would like the car when finished. I had a 500 Cad sitting there so it was elected. Then I started having fun thinking of how to disguise the Cad to look more like a Ford. Today, very few pick up on the travisty. The more fun I had, the more I was willing to invest in the imposter. Today it is a 542 ci well built engine--hence the Fairlane 542.I am expecting low 11s. Any features I didn't care for on the body--I changed. One thing I especially enjoy is the 8"x4"offset rear wheels with no tubs and stock width rear housing. The verdict----I really like the end result and enjoy the car a ton and hope it brings some enjoyment to the 57 Ford community. Rod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. This was my dads, now it's mine. I have another 57 and two 56's, but this one is the coolest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ratster

ratster

ya, who doesn't like 57 fords? i do..

8. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I am in love with this thread!!

`57 Ford is my absolute all time favorite car

9. bkhpah

bkhpah
    from Latrobe PA

Saw this Gasser style 57 wagon at a local cruise night. Real nice..BKH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 57bracketracer

57bracketracer

11. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

Anymore pics?????

12. birdman1

birdman1

My little brothers(twins) shared a 1957 for, 6 banger automatic. When they went through the trasnmission, we took out the 6 and put in a 1958 Merc 312 hp 383 MEL and 3-speed stick. Beat a lot of Chevys!!

13. That is pure coolness in my eyes...Love that car.

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Speedmaven..... what are those 2 pieces of stainless(?) over the rear glass?

15. My good friend John Gambill Sr built this car, starting with a 13000 mile original 6 banger 3 speed car. The drivetrian is as follows: 292 block bored to 3.83 (.030 over 312 bore), 312 crank turned down to 292 journal size, 471 heads with stainless valves, hardened seats, etc, forged pistons, the VR57 blower was bought from a gentleman who took it off the car he bought new with it. The distrib is an MSD pro billet, the tans is a C4 I believe with an adapter kit. He originally was planning to use an FMX with a 63 Fordomaticv bell, but I am pretty sure he changed to the C4 with a better converter. When he sold the car to Tom Kitchen, the car had a little over 16000 miles on it. From what I was told by John, Tom was offered $35000 just for the drivetrain and VR57 blower and accesories.. Truly a work of art in this Custom.

16. Looks like he might have plexiglass back there, and those would be straps to help keep the rear glass from blowing out, sort of like the `64 Thunderbolts used on their plexiglass rear windows..Just speculating though.

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ahh.............

18. razorback

razorback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Sweden